It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Climate Change Solutions. Thanks Covid-19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So whether you beleive that Global Warming is man-made or whether you beleive it is a hoax there will be be no money to address the problem after all that has been lost due to the Covid pandemic.

I use the term global warming as opposed to climate change because that term has no meaning as the climate has always changed as long as there has been a climate.. So using that term is asinine.

I guess on the bright side we aren't really any worse off in regards to global warming because no one has presented a plan that actually addresses the problem. Even is they had the government's of the world are incapable of accomplishing anything effectively.

Case in point... They chose to layoff a good portion of the workforce but they can't even mail the checks to pay people their unemployment even though they said they would... We would have to be idiots to believe they can fix the climate of the entire Earth when they can't even write a check and put it in the mail...
edit on 16-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Iops

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
So whether you beleive that Global Warming is man-made or whether you beleive it is a hoax there will be be no money to address the problem after all that has been lost due to the Covid pandemic.

I use the term global warming as opposed to climate change because that term has no meaning as the climate has always changed as long as there has been a climate.. So using that term is asinine.

I guess on the bright side we aren't really any worse off in regards to global warming because no one has presented a plan that actually addresses the problem. Even is they had the government's of the world are incapable of accomplishing anything effectively.

Case in point... They chose to layoff a good portion of the workforce but they can't even mail the checks to pay people their unemployment even though they said they would...

Yeah, but 1000 years ago, the temperature was approximately 1 °C (1.8 °F) warmer than it is today... Climate does change all the time, but global warming?

Do we still got money to destroy China like you wanted? maybe that will help with the climate...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Case in point... They chose to layoff a good portion of the workforce but they can't even mail the checks to pay people their unemployment even though they said they would...

Yeah, but 1000 years ago, the temperature was approximately 1 °C (1.8 °F) warmer than it is today... Climate does change all the time, but global warming?

Do we still got money to destroy China like you wanted? maybe that will help with the climate...

Well I suppose we do since the bombs are already fueled up and paid for.

I don't really want to bomb China and I have been trying to catch the two idiots with a nuclear bomb who read my thread to tell them to cut it out.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

What term would you like to use instead of global warming or climate change? I tried calling it BULL# but then that just got some people worked up.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Well I suppose we do since the bombs are already fueled up and paid for.

I don't really want to bomb China and I have been trying to catch the two idiots with a nuclear bomb who read my thread to tell them to cut it out.

ok, fair enough, sorry to bring it up again.

Your proberly right about the bombs, they always seems to have enough money for war
To be honest, i dont think many of the elected people who runs this world, really cares about the climate. To most of them, it is just another way to get more money out people.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No problem on bringing up the China thread. I will tell you when you said it might help the environment I was tempted for a second.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

It's obvious that greta released this virus, she's an evil genious I tell ya.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Turn on your HVAC. Climate changed solved for me. My temp is stable at 73. What I really need is a good affordable sports car. Can't find one right now other than a used Lotus Evora.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's obvious that greta released this virus, she's an evil genious I tell ya.

I think you are onto something. If I were going to cast a movie about a teenage female evil genius she sure would look the part with that crazy look on her face.

Remember that cult with the Nike tennis shoes that killed themselves to catch the spaceship? Remember that crazy bastard that was the leader? He had that same psycho look that Greta has with the bug eyes. Those two scare the living hell out of me.

link   

What term would you like to use instead of global warming or climate change? I tried calling it BULL# but then that just got some people worked up.

I dont know, i just dont like the term global warming - If i remember correctly, it was around 2011 it changed to climate change in the MSM. Some scientist/politicans got caught in some lies, some papers where found, that shouldnt have been out in public. i cant remember the details, have to look it up again. But it all changed after that.

The definition of the two is something like this:

Global warming - means temperatures are rising globally
Climate change - is caused by global warming, and can variate from year to year.

But climate does change all the time, and like i said, the temperatures was higher a 1000 years ago (lower 1700 years ago and again 400 years ago)

I think we should call it "the destruction of our eco system", cause that is what it really is. Do people really think we can cut down billions of trees, kill all animal life, polute the entire planet with plastic and garbage - and nothing will happen?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

We do always seem to have endless money for war. There doesn't even have to be a war.. they just keep spending money in hopes there will be a war. WTF!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I hear you. We do trash the planet and we should do better. Maybe instead of buying planes at a billion dollars a crack we could buy the rain forest. And if they don't offer us a reasonable price we can take our billion dollar planes down there and help them come to their senses.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Don't worry NYC has "global warming" covered they plan to buy and subsidies the use of 74,000 air conditioners for their residents to keep cool this summer.

www.pix11.com...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I hear you. We do trash the planet and we should do better. Maybe instead of buying planes at a billion dollars a crack we could buy the rain forest. And if they don't offer us a reasonable price we can take our billion dollar planes down there and help them come to their senses.

Yeah, we should! We need to plant billions of trees around the planet, and we need to do it fast. I think it is Pakistan of all places, that used the corona crisis to begin planting billions of trees. they paid laid of workers (from corona crisis) to plant trees. Pakistan!?! how can a country like that be so far ahead of us? (have to do some fact checks on this one, but supposedly this is true)

We need to change the whole way our agriculture is done. In 50-60 years, most of our farmland (whole planet) is dried out, destroyed by over farming. We have poluted the land and the water with pesticides . the world is facing some huge problems down the road.

The most crazy thing about that, is that it can be solved very simple. The farmers just has to let the farm animals out on field again, instead of being in the stables. They do that to maximize the yield when the grow food for the animals. They farm the food, bring it to the animals, take their # and bring it to the field.... Just let the animals out, and they would even save a LOT of work... But they cant farm as much food for the animals when they are out on the field, that is why we dont do it. They need more land per animal, this way.
You can turn desert to farmland again the same way. Just let animals out in the desert, provide some water. There has to be a LOT of animals, but if they # and trample all over the ground, it will be revived and turn to dirt instead of sand - it is not rocket science - people who should know this, they know it - but doesnt act... Stuff like this and virusses is a great way to trim down the population if your a psychopat who only think we should be 500.000.000 people on the earth, like the georgia guidestones suggest - who put that up? was it Bill Gates?

Sorry about the bad english - it is very late where iam, so iam writing this in a hurry, i need some sleep. But great OP - we need to discuss this - so thanks for that

edit on 16 5 2020 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Don't worry NYC has "global warming" covered they plan to buy and subsidies the use of 74,000 air conditioners for their residents to keep cool this summer.

www.pix11.com...

That's because they understand that when their residents are broke, hungry, and hot that they are going to drag the politicians out into Central Park and publicly hang them.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No. Animals need to be in cages and killed for market on target. Not going to fetch a good price with them prancing around being healthy and fit.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yes good talk. Your English is fine. Have a good night.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Kudos to Pakistan! A rare day when I get to say that and mean it.

That info on turning deserts into fertile places is STRONG. Excellent post, thank you so much for it. Definitely food for thought. Your whole post is. I may do a thread of de-desertification (I don't think that's a word, but you get the idea), permission to give you credit for inspiring the creation of said thread?

to you

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Just suppose this had happened in the dead of winter with heating necessary. We will go through another winter soon enough and many will be unable to afford heating.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join