It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Willard dead at 80 not 86 like everyone is reporting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wro ng age of death

Sad news Fred Willard passed but what is also sad is that they got his age wrong. He was born in 1939 making him 80 yet everyone is saying 86. I knew it was wrong so I googled him and there it was 80 years old.
All I did was a quick search and found his true age. This is a great example of how fake the news can really be. Crappy research at the vey least.
I was watching Wall-E this morning and he was in it. Gonna miss him he was a great and funny actor.
I just don't know how they got that wrong...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Phyllis George died also...one of the first female football reporters..a reply to: watchandwait410

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Amazing funny person. He took something average and pushed it over the top. Salute to him.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

frank bielec from "trading spaces" passed away from a heart attack

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I googled and everything says fred was 86 do you have a link showing that he was 80? oh he graduated from the kentucky military institute in 1951 if he is 80 then he was born in 1940 and that would mean he grauaded from the military academy when he was 11 years old...I am sorry you are mistaken about his age

Fred was very funny,,,I remember him on the original Rosanne show 30 years ago en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-5-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
According to the tweet posted by his daughter, Hope Willard, Fred was 86 years old when he passed. Not 80.

What was that about “Fake News”?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I first saw Fred Willard in 77 playing an Ed McMahon character to Martin Mull's Johnny Carson on ''Fernwood Tonight''
He basically made a career out of that character. As the humor of the actor that he was was over the decades almost always the same I think he did most of his own writing. I loved to watch him in movies and skits anywhere I could find him.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
source for 80?
marriedwiki.com...

That might be wrong?

"Willard's daughter confirmed to CBS News in a statement. He was 86 years old"

imdb
www.imdb.com...

Born: September 18, 1933 in Shaker Heights, Ohio, USA
Died: May 15, 2020 (age 86) in Los Angeles, California, USA

edit on 16-5-2020 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2020 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It does not matter how old he was, he was great and his passing is a great loss to us. I've loved him since Fernwood Tonight

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
RIP Mr. Willard, you will be missed.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I loved his work, such a funny man. This saddens me 😔

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
of course Fred was great and his passing is a loss for us...But he deserves to have the correct information posted about him we took the time to research and fix the mistake....I don't know what the agenda of the thread starter was but after googling there is no way this was an innocent mistake....

Fred was a funny man and so talented we will miss him!

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
It does not matter how old he was, he was great and his passing is a great loss to us. I've loved him since Fernwood Tonight

top topics

join