It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.D.A. Halts Coronavirus Testing Program Backed by Bill Gates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Non-paywall link

An innovative coronavirus testing program in the Seattle area — promoted by the billionaire Bill Gates and local public health officials as a way of conducting wider surveillance on the invisible spread of the virus — has been ordered by the federal government to stop its work pending additional reviews.

The program involved sending home test kits to both healthy and sick people in the hope of conducting the kind of widespread monitoring that could help communities safely reopen from lockdowns. Researchers and public health authorities already had tested thousands of samples, finding dozens of previously undetected cases

the Seattle program does not test for antibodies and has wide backing, including from public health leaders, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Mr. Gates, whose foundation has been deeply involved in fighting the pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also provided an in-person technical adviser to the project.

An F.D.A. spokesperson said home collection kits raised additional concerns about safety and accuracy that required the agency’s review. The issue in the Seattle case appears to be that the test results are being used not only by researchers for surveillance of the virus in the community but that the results are also being returned to patients to inform them.

We had previously understood that SCAN was being conducted as a surveillance study,” the spokesperson said.

Mr. Gates sure does seem to be popping up a lot in the news lately regarding the pandemic. This time it's a testing system he's pushing that was shut down by the FDA for being used for surveillance. Mr. Gates is also quite the proponent of immunity passports that would limit the movement of individuals and contact tracing that would be used to track and monitor every individual you come into.contact with and would be used to again limit movement and employment opportunities as well enacting quarantine measures on 'case' indiviuals. Finally, Mr Gates has openly supported tracking and monitoring vaccines using microdot tattoos to ensure non-complying individuals can be identified.

Gates was responding to a question on how businesses will be able to operate while maintaining social distancing, and said that, “Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it.”

The ‘digital certificates’ Gates was referring to are human-implantable ‘QUANTUM-DOT TATTOOS’ that researchers at MIT and Rice University are working on as a way to hold vaccination records. It was last year in December when scientists from the two universities revealed that they were working on these quantum-dot tattoosafter Bill Gates approached them about solving the problem of identifying those who have not been vaccinated.

The quantum-dot tattoos involve applying dissolvable sugar-based microneedles that contain a vaccine and fluorescent copper-based ‘quantum dots’ embedded inside biocompatible, micron-scale capsules. After the microneedes dissolve under the skin, they leave the encapsulated quantum dots whose patterns can be read to identify the vaccine that was administered.

Welcome to the new world everybody. Where your health will determine your ability to do things in life such as work, travel or freely leave your home and it'll all be highly automated using a wealth of data that will be forcibly collected in the name of public safety.
edit on 16/5/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Bill Gates, Bill Clinton and George Soros are the 3 big backers of H.R. 6666. The rabbit hole runs deep.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

How clever.

They also didn't use the German manufactured tests, instead, they mandated that US made test kits would have to be used. But the problem was, there wasn't a US manufactured test available.

BuyDie American Made.

And this is all guff. It isn't true. It's a conspiracy theory proposed by the stupid.

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Conspiracy theories aside... do you support mandatory vaccinations?

Do I have a right to refuse a vaccine?...

Especially if there has been no publicly independent review, the company is making a profit from the vaccine (creating a conflict of interest between their bottom line and my health) and I am not allowed to see the underlying data and research behind the vaccine?

Am I not allowed to raise my concerns, and refuse based on a gag on the information related to health choices that others are both profiting from and have made for me?

Governmental medical policies on vaccines have put me in a position where I am incapable of making an informed decision due to lack of information. Rather, I am expected to "take their word" on the expert medical advice that I am not allowed to question... scary.

Note: This post was posted in another vaccine thread, with zero responses... curious if you have a response, as the questions are not conspiracy related.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

It seems the coronavirus may give a long enough immunity to where it would work instead of a vaccine.

So, would you be in favor of either get the vaccine, or be purposefully infected and quarantined in order to become immune?

The risk isn't about you...its that you could catch it, show no symptoms, and give it to an elder or immune compromised that will die from it. This is the issue about people standing for their rights over their neighbors.

There needs to be a logcal, rational compromise.

The courts already decided back in the days of Polio that mandatory vaccines can be used in cases where there is a health threat...which this qualifies for. I think though we could all be adults and discuss things rationally. The vaccine can cause some questions on the safety when being rushed soo quickly and no long term studies. I get that, sure...but we can't just let tons of people die or have massive health issues simply because maybe there might be a problem potentially down the road.
So, where is the middle ground....do we discuss it like adults, or must the government pull their legally entitled iron boot out to keep the savages from eating each other.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

As far as I have observed, vaccination has always been by assent. Why change things?

But, I do believe that those who abstain from vaccination are actually reducing the overall effectiveness of any vaccination campaign. It is an extremely anti-social thing to do to everyone else.

Nonetheless, if 20% abstain, that leaves a herd immunity of 80%, sufficient to overcome the pathogen - eventually. And those who abstain and catch the disease are naturally immunized (if they don't die, or become permanently disfigured by the illness), so there is a fudge factor even in those figures.

Especially if there has been no publicly independent review, the company is making a profit from the vaccine (creating a conflict of interest between their bottom line and my health) and I am not allowed to see the underlying data and research behind the vaccine?

Am I not allowed to raise my concerns, and refuse based on a gag on the information related to health choices that others are both profiting from and have made for me?

Governmental medical policies on vaccines have put me in a position where I am incapable of making an informed decision due to lack of information. Rather, I am expected to "take their word" on the expert medical advice that I am not allowed to question... scary.

Note: This post was posted in another vaccine thread, with zero responses... curious if you have a response, as the questions are not conspiracy related.

Vaccines aren't perfectly benign. The risk is small, but there is risk. As such, vaccination for trivial and transitory illness is wrong because it exposes people to unnecessary risk.

The issue to me is the monetization of medicine (not just immunization). In many countries of the world, immunization against deadly diseases are fully subsidized by governments. This allows medical advancement to make money but defrays end user costs as a fraction of taxation of the entire population. It also allows oversight panels to review the necessity of, and therefore the subsidy of, medicines. Not so in America where the pure profit motive drives medicine.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
“Clever”

Is definitely the correct term to describe the ‘halting’ of any program that is backed by bill gates

I’m glad the usual hoax-contributors agree on this move

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
But it's not by assent in reality, and what objections there still are, are being quickly taken away from us.

For instance, right now in Australia, the NRL football league is mandating the flu vaccine for all players in order to get football started again. A few players have tried to decline, with massive push-back, all the way to our Prime Minister saying "No jab, no play.". How does one object to that type of social peer pressure?!?

Also, Conscientious Objection was removed from Australia in 2016, so outside of medical reasons (such as a reaction to a previous vaccine... lol... though that's not even enough to get exemption sometimes), there is NO avenue to refuse vaccines, if there is some "official" activity that requires it.

Good example... children are not allowed in school without vaccination...

... I don't see very much "... vaccination has always been by assent.", in any of that!

There is no good avenue to object, or to see the underlying research.

Plus there are many aspects of these vaccines that have zero independent reviews at all, yet are presented like they do.

For instance, multi-booster shots, that combine many vaccines into one dose have never been adequately studied, yet the individual vaccines may have, so they present a 7-in-1 shot as safe with zero medical justification, then make it almost impossible to get the individual vaccines by themselves... terrible business practices that are in conflict with my health, and forced on me without the need for transparency.

I am getting to the point where I have to refuse vaccines based purely on human rights, regardless of any social responsibility I may feel to the "herd".

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The article states that the testing program is being closed down because they are actually giving people the results of the tests when it was only suppose to be about surveillance in the community. The OP has it backwards.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

What there needs to be is transparency, and open independent reviews and inquiries.

I would be in favour of reading ALL of the research myself, related to a vaccine to be able to make an informed decision myself.

The problem is, as soon as I ask to read the research, I get labeled an anti-vaxer and told to just accept it, and there "needs to be a compromise".

There is no compromise with my own health. If you want me to put something in my body, I need to be convinced in an open discussion.

There is NO openness in the vaccine debate.

And I'm sorry, this IS about human rights... especially where there is a conflict of interest with profit, financial opacity and peoples individual health... it's specifically about the balance between individual rights and group rights, and currently it is very unbalanced.

There is no middle ground if someone is trying to make profit off my health, with no transparency, and massive social peer pressure.

It is reaching the point, where my refusal of vaccines has nothing to do with medicine, but with transparency of information.
edit on 16-5-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Your body your choice, I believe.

That being said if schools wanted to enforce vaccinated only (and that would include people who cannot be vaccinated for health or religious purposes) you'll find the free market finds a place for them.

My big problem with a lot of these things is there are always opt outs. Either it's important or it isn't. Just because your object to vaccination on religious grounds doesn't mean you can bend the rules, because that then means, in my view, the rule isn't important enough to enforce.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong... I actually support vaccines conceptually.

What I don't support is the opacity and authoritarianism that is growing around vaccines, and seems to be mostly driven by the conflicts of interest between profit and health.

The reality is that there are areas of inquiry that have never been looked into because of finance, and an industry that does that needs massive scrutiny, all the time... which there is actually very little of... rather, there is a information approach that actively discourages questions into the field, all the way down to valid questioners being labeled anti-vax, and silenced from the conversation, rather than answering the concerns.

I get people that know way less than me, emotionally telling me, essentially, to "stop making a fuss"... classic tactics when there's something to hide.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The article states that the testing program is being closed down because they are actually giving people the results of the tests when it was only suppose to be about surveillance in the community. The OP has it backwards.

This^^^^^. It was not shutdown because of surveillance but for the return of the surveillance data back to the testee. The FDA knew about the surveillance and was apparently ok with that.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
How about we promote a healthy lifestyle as most dying are fat bastards..How about my Gov tell me how improve my immune system...How about we throw all the masks in a bonfire...as they do no good. How about those too afraid or sick just stay home and not infringe on my right...How about we cant shame people who are fat, dumb, lazy, a he or she but i can be for not wearing a mask..How about all those who think they are a voice of reason just shut up. On a side note...chemtrails must be essential business as they are lighting up the skies today but no one ever mentions that..a reply to: SaturnFX

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: latic

I agree.

If vaccines are of such global health importance, make the vaccines non-profit (services around vaccines can still be profit based if people can't get away from market-based health), make the research transparent, have regular independent publicly available reviews, and take an inclusive policy of education and engagement.

Don't tell me "I have to have it, and it's too complicated to explain", as if I'm a 5 year old.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If they had publicly traded stock, it's about to go way, way down.

Better sell at 8am Monday!

I've been investing and selling with a small amount of money lately. Companies working on and testing vaccines shoot up whenever they release good news.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Polly explains perfectly what is going on and who is doing what to us.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
How about we promote a healthy lifestyle as most dying are fat bastards..How about my Gov tell me how improve my immune system...How about we throw all the masks in a bonfire...as they do no good. How about those too afraid or sick just stay home and not infringe on my right...How about we cant shame people who are fat, dumb, lazy, a he or she but i can be for not wearing a mask..How about all those who think they are a voice of reason just shut up. On a side note...chemtrails must be essential business as they are lighting up the skies today but no one ever mentions that..a reply to: SaturnFX

Contrails
masks help
elders are the main victims here (and immune issues)

here is the deal. a mask won't stop the virus from entering through most masks. What these makeshift masks and stuff are for, is so when you cough, you don't launch your particles 15 feet across the room
Stick your hand in front of you and cough. feel the air?
now cover your face in anything at all..pull your shirt up, now do the same test
see how you didn't feel the air?

and now you know.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

As far as I have observed, vaccination has always been by assent. Why change things?

But, I do believe that those who abstain from vaccination are actually reducing the overall effectiveness of any vaccination campaign. It is an extremely anti-social thing to do to everyone else.

Nonetheless, if 20% abstain, that leaves a herd immunity of 80%, sufficient to overcome the pathogen - eventually. And those who abstain and catch the disease are naturally immunized (if they don't die, or become permanently disfigured by the illness), so there is a fudge factor even in those figures.

Vaccines aren't perfectly benign. The risk is small, but there is risk. As such, vaccination for trivial and transitory illness is wrong because it exposes people to unnecessary risk.

The issue to me is the monetization of medicine (not just immunization). In many countries of the world, immunization against deadly diseases are fully subsidized by governments. This allows medical advancement to make money but defrays end user costs as a fraction of taxation of the entire population. It also allows oversight panels to review the necessity of, and therefore the subsidy of, medicines. Not so in America where the pure profit motive drives medicine.

I did not vaccinate my children. I can tell you based on the chicken pox vaccine that the only thing the vaccine did was change the virus. How do I know that? Because every time the chicken pox was going around the elementary school I'd get a call from the school nurse informing me of the "outbreak" and informing me I could keep the kids home if I wanted to. I made play dates with the kids we knew that had them so my kids would catch them and get it over with. Wanna know what's even more interesting? I was unable to get my children to catch the chicken pox from the infected children who were vaccinated against it and passing it around to each other. Think about that. It's a new strain that ONLY vaccinated children pass around to each other. Those with no vaccine don't or can't catch it.

Let's assume that those who have had decided to take said covid vaccine only spread around a "new vaccinated strain" to each other and those who don't have the injection are going to be the ones blamed for getting the vaccinated sick. It'll be some effed up bull# what ever the outcome.

And to say that vaccines are harmless is just not true. Look into vaccine injury cases which in the US alone has paind out over 4.2 Billion in rewards (that figure does NOT include attorney fee awards as well) from harm caused by vaccines. My nephew died after and because of round of vaccines he was given. I don't know if you've ever been to a child's funeral but when the casket is made for a baby it's pretty damn sad. I also have a niece and a nephew who are both autistic after having their 'mandatory' shots. They were perfectly fine prior to the injections and some how mysteriously stopped responding and making eye contact. They no longer tried speaking or playing with favorite toys.

Sorry, I got a bit off topic of the particular virus we are discussing but to say the risk is small (and that is on vaccines with lots of supposed research and testing) I would have to kindly strongly disagree.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

They also didn't use the German manufactured tests, instead, they mandated that US made test kits would have to be used

And your point was what ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join