It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Broken?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So I don't really post all that much anymore on ATS, I won't get into why but i do still lurk around from time to time.

Anyway I know members have long complained about the lack of a HTTPS domain as a issue and I remember last year when we endured that issue where about a certain time the site would basically stop for up to 10 minutes ever hour of the day and and the private messaging box doesn't light up like it should.

However during my lurking time I feel like while some issues have been fixed overall the technical side of the site has gotten worse, load times for most pages are just ridiculous to the point that it puts me off visiting the site. Sometimes I takes me 3 attempts to get a page to load, I actually thought my internet was down earlier but then remembered what site I was using. I also seem to have issues at times with the graphics loading or randomly being signed out of the site. The annoying pestering adds also continue but are way worse if am not signed in.

Even the look and functionality of the site seems to be getting rather dated, its one of the few sites a visit that has gotten technically worse rather than better over the years. I remember a time when we had a chat function for example.

I guess I am just asking what the deal is.

Is this site broken, are we awaiting a site upgrade, or is it just going to dwindle away because of a lack of maintenance.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Fixing these issues takes money.
The admins are not willing to invest.

The conspiracy part is already dead and the most popular political threads are available on sites without the issues you listed.

So yeah, it's dying at the end of the vine.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Load times are good for me here in Portugal, like they usually are.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wait... there was a chat function?! When? Where did it go? Why?

So many threads get bogged down with idle chatter, content would be much stronger if this chatter was moved to an area where it doesn't cause thread drift. Hell, whole threads would be eliminated!

But all this costs money, and if they don't have enough for general maintenance then what can be done?

What kind of numbers are we talking here? How much is required for what we have now? How much would be required for increased maintenance? For chat? I imagine it's a monthly cost and not a lump-sum-and-done.

I ask these questions because I could be convinced to shell out some $, provided there's some kind of group effort from other members. The admins already have a job that they do for us, they do their part. Why should it be them shelling out money on top of the hours they spend sifting through this site? All they'd get in return is more work, and they'd be paying out of pocket for this increased workload. How is that fair?

Hell I pay $70 for a damn game that is so lazily made and full of progressive garbage that I can't finish it. This site adds a lot more useful knowledge to my life than these games. I will be pulling out of that genre of entertainment entirely, and that would free up some $.

I'll be keeping an eye on this...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh oh I found a new bug!

ATS says I've authored 4 threads when I most certainly have authored zero.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is this going to be an annual thread? Fix it or lose it

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke
Have you ever alerted the Mods on anything? That starts a new thread in their forum.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: DietWoke
Have you ever alerted the Mods on anything? That starts a new thread in their forum.

Oh I see. I take it back then. That's probably what it is.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can agree and I’ve noticed a lot of irritating small problems.

But because of the superior content and poster input here.

I can suffer the small things .

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Miss your intellect OSOTC, hope all is well

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So I don't really post all that much anymore on ATS, I won't get into why but i do still lurk around from time to time.

Hey! I've had to recently re-join here. I was on here many years ago. Loved the chat and the in-fighting. It made the site interesting. Am still finding my way around here now. Things have changed somewhat. Still like coming here too.

My internet is down most days. It doesn't seem to matter what site I use. I have found that if I get up really early in the morning it helps a little. Sometimes, my internet just goes down and then back up for no reason within a few minutes. But I have fixed this a little. It would be good to have unlimited and reliable internet.

I also wish we could get notifications to my desktop on when someone posts a thread or replies to one I'm following.

What sites do you visit now? I'm usually on Facebook, but the censorship is killing me there. Also on MeWe. And am trying WG1WGA. And of course Pinterest. Love to meet up with you at one of the sites.

ATS is different somehow. ATS is here and it's all we have right now. I'm just happy to be back here.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have noticed some loading issues, started about an hour ago and can still get through. Usually been pretty good connection otherwise.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The site is running 1000% better now than it was 12 months ago. Back then, from 21 to 31 minutes past every hour, navigation was aggravating.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The site is running 1000% better now than it was 12 months ago. Back then, from 21 to 31 minutes past every hour, navigation was aggravating.

Totally agree !

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

and the private messaging box doesn't light up like it should.

I had wondered if that was just me.

I basically stopped using U2Us on ATS quite a while ago due to this issue.

This contributed to a reduction in my collaboration with others on/via ATS. I doubt I'm alone in this.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Another possible bug?

I can't remove the board business forum from my favorites list. I've tried a dozen times and thought maybe once I could access RATS I would be able to unsubscribe, but nope.

It's stuck with me!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

and the private messaging box doesn't light up like it should.

I had wondered if that was just me.

I basically stopped using U2Us on ATS quite a while ago due to this issue.

This contributed to a reduction in my collaboration with others on/via ATS. I doubt I'm alone in this.

Yes, been that way for some time, I think though, for some people, the message icon does light..?

new topics

top topics

join