It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows to strip radical left of total control over social media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: olaru12
Can you imagine the absolute outrage if a democrat considered meddling in private enterprise with even a hint of censorship. Obama would have been lynched.

“The Christian baker HAS TO bake a cake for a gay wedding”

Literally EVERY single dEmocrat and leftist on earth

As a Libertarian I don't support any intrusion into private enterprise. They pay the bills and should be able to run their business any way they see fit. No shirt, no shoes, no service....!!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Can you imagine the absolute outrage if a democrat considered meddling in private enterprise with even a hint of censorship. Obama would have been lynched.

As a Libertarian I don't support any intrusion into private enterprise. They pay the bills and should be able to run their business any way they see fit. No shirt, no shoes, no service....!!

Anything except baking a gay wedding cake right? lulz

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
People do not have the right to have anything they want kept on a private website. The easiest solution to this is to find your own venue or start your own social media site. Trump doesn't understand even the most basic things.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: trollz

You don’t combat censorship with censorship.

Am I missing something here?

I've read the article and I don't see any suggestions of further censorship. In fact it reads quite the opposite.

It says that Trump wants these social media outlets to un-censor "right wing"/alternative users.

There is nothing suggesting censorship of left leaning users?

Again, am I missing something?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I've read the article and I don't see any suggestions of further censorship. In fact it reads quite the opposite.

It says that Trump wants these social media outlets to un-censor "right wing"/alternative users.

You nailed the hypocrisy of em all right there! Trump isn't asking for censorship but "equality" which is the buzzword of the Progs, and they don't like it.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You nailed the hypocrisy of em all right there! Trump isn't asking for censorship but "equality" which is the buzzword of the Progs, and they don't like it.

So true and on the subject of equality, is it not a tad unfair that these corporations flagrantly data-mine peoples personal information but refuse to respect the views expressed by many of their users?

That seems like theft to me.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I know it's an attempted insult. I'm "a people like you" and immune to adolescent internet trolls.

As a onetime retailer...you pay the bills you make the rules. What is it about that you can't understand?
edit on 16-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So true and on the subject of equality, is it not a tad unfair that these corporations flagrantly data-mine peoples personal information but refuse to respect the views expressed by many of their users?

It's quite perplexing, trying to figure out how those who oppose the evil corporations are yet the same ones bowing down to the same evil entities they pretend to despise isn't it?
edit on 16-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's quite perplexing, trying to figure out how those who oppose the evil corporations are yet the same ones bowing down to the same evil entities they pretend to despise isn't it?

Because it suits their agenda. For now...

How long until their accounts start getting banned because they said something the globalist fascists don't like?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

These are neoliberals.

Neoliberalism is a term for different social and economic ideas. ... Neoliberalism is characterized by free market trade, deregulation of financial markets, individualisation, and the shift away from state welfare provision.

Like a Baskin Robbins of political choices there are many flavors. The genius of this strategy is that a variety ensures maximum coverage over a broad range of marketing segmentation categories.

Ultimately, they all boil down to elephants vs. donkeys. They are both vanilla ice cream. Everything else is just mix-ins and sprinkles.

The politicians work for the neoliberal corporations. No matter which hand puppet we pick, they win.

Millionaires making law for the benefit of billionaires. And cable news is the same kind of thing. Millionaires supporting the propaganda arm of the corps like the good little employees they are.

Social media leans left because that is what drives engagement. When they lean right, they lose engagement. I'm not sure why that is. My guess is it is because lefties have to feel like they are winning or they get dejected and engage less. Righties will fight tooth n' nail against almost anything a leftie posts, so -- engagement achieved.

Our regulators are regulating the industries and companies they will retire to when their 30-40 stint in congress is finished. Either as board members or paid lobbyists. Those are the cushiest gigs going (right now).

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I know it's an attempted insult. I'm "a people like you" and immune to adolescent internet trolls.

As a onetime retailer...you pay the bills you make the rules. What is it about that you can't understand?

Social media platforms don't "pay the bills" though do they?

Their users do.

Much like ATS, they depend upon user generated content.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Stupid f'ing idea

No more needs saying!!!!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So the President wants LESS censorship and the left is upset about it

Fascists want fascism I guess

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Government cannot dictate content.

Government proxies (by ideology) shouldn't dictate content, but that does happen because leftist ideology cannot exist in a free society.

link   

I'm amazed that it took 5 pages for anyone to pick up on this.

There is zero mention of further censorship.

link   

Yep, behold the new world Puritans.

They have no idea how alike they are to the religion they despise.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If the media hasn’t directly TOLD them what to think, they won’t “pick up” on anything whatsoever

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yep, behold the new world Puritans.

They have no idea how alike they are to the religion they despise.

They don’t despise fascism. That much is abundantly clear.

“Think how we think, or we’ll attack you”. That’s the slogan of these clowns. Fascist to the core.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Government cannot dictate content. 

Okay, this is a valid point but I'm sure that I read very recently that Democrat congressmen instructed YouTube et al. to remove any Covid content that goes against the official narrative and they complied.

Why weren't the esteemed left outraged about that?

P.S I cherry picked you in my first post because I knew you wouldn't reply with a nonsensical diatribe.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Leftists don't care about censorship, hell, they rely on it or their ideology would crash and burn.

The problem with giving government authority over it is you risk having Trump lose in November then having Biden/Pelosi controlling web content.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join