It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows to strip radical left of total control over social media

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Organizations like Alphabet Inc have long been used to skirt around Constitutional restrictions.

Its not so much a matter of there being "alternatives," when these organizations get beyond a certain size. It then becomes about how much influence they can, and do, bring to bear on society.

Depending on how Trump actually pursues this, if it happens, I might support it or not. But corporate technofascism is one of the biggest issues facing the world today, IMO.

We only see the underpinnings for the future right now, but Id prefer we avoided that brave new world..

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

But how is limiting how successful a company can become any different than limiting the amount of wealth one can acquire?

If moves were made to break these companies up, what's to stop them from moving their headquarters to a more friendly country, theoretically losing us all the taxes these companies supposedly pay, while they continue to operate as they always have?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I don't want to silence anybody bud.

Then stop making false claims that

a) Trump wants to censor anyone, and

b) The major Social Media platforms don't censor information they don't like

Can you quote him on that point?

Quote who on what point?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Anyone find it ironic that trump threatened social media on twitter. What a clown!

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Trump will need to cubby-hole the PC, radical Leftists that hold sway over many Progressive media outlets as Propagandists instead of Journalists or Reporters...

and have their Kind to Register much like the Army of Agents and Lawyer/Lobbyists are required to Do

Would You then Condone the social-terrorism formented by 'Propagandists' as opposed to sanitized 'Progressives' doing Gods' work ?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: trollz

President Donald Trump has vowed to break the “radical left’s” apparent control of social media platforms.

“The Radical Left is in total command & control of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google,” Trump tweeted on Saturday. “The Administration is working to remedy this illegal situation.

Source

Thank God. Hopefully something comes of this. The blatant censorship, thought control, manipulation and violation of free speech online, on these sites and others, has been a growing problem for a long time.
I'm glad we still have websites like ATS where people aren't banned or have their posts made invisible to others because the owners don't agree with their beliefs or opinions.

Don't you see the irony of trump utilizing censorship, thought control, manipulation of corporate systems, and violation of free speech of those he disagrees with.

And how can trump criticize twitter when he uses it for propaganda purposes touting his ideas.

Is only right wing ideology allowed info? The US is Looking more like communist China and North Korea every day.

This isn't just about free speech. This about YouTube and Twitter deleting, banning and de-monetizing people's accounts for simply having conservative viewpoints. THAT is the opposite of free speech. Take Prager U for example. They got demonetized when they started posting videos of African American's with conservative views.

Trump's tweet was poorly worded. This is nothing new.

edit on 18-5-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

This isn't just about free speech. This about YouTube and Twitter deleting, banning and de-monetizing people's accounts for simply having conservative viewpoints.

You don't think conservative platforms do the same?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

/yawn

a) Haven't claimed that.

b) Haven't claimed that either.

You were talking about your rendition of what you think Trump is going to do.

You can't quote Trump to support your claim, because that's not what Trump said he was going to do.
edit on 18-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And yet, Youtube has millions of "conservative" accounts as has been shown. Same for the others.

The claims to the contrary are false on their face, which makes much of this argument invalid.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Any corporation that pays taxes, pays the bills to stay in operation should be allowed the freedom to determine what products they sell and how to run the organization. trump doesn't want freedom, he wants control.

Fox should be able to determine their content; Just like social media sites, both are corporations with stockholders and boards of directors. It should be up to them on how to conduct business...NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Isn't this one of the prime talking points of conservatives?

What changed?

edit on 18-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Anyone find it ironic that trump threatened social media on twitter. What a clown!

www.independent.co.uk...

Kinda of like the folks who talk about religious repression in their mega-churches.

It's a BS argument from the get go. Trump is blathering as usual.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This isn't just about free speech. This about YouTube and Twitter deleting, banning and de-monetizing people's accounts for simply having conservative viewpoints.

You don't think conservative platforms do the same?

Is there a conservative Twitter and YouTube out there? With all 7 subscribers? Lol

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And yet, Youtube has millions of "conservative" accounts as has been shown. Same for the others.

The claims to the contrary are false on their face, which makes much of this argument invalid.

The bias is provable. The video I posted literally proves my point. You don't watch it because you have confirmation bias. Ignorance defined.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Any corporation that pays taxes, pays the bills to stay in operation should be allowed the freedom to determine what products they sell and how to run the organization. trump doesn't want freedom, he wants control.

Fox should be able to determine their content; Just like social media sites, both are corporations with stockholders and boards of directors. It should be up to them on how to conduct business...NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Isn't this one of the prime talking points of conservatives?

What changed?

All good points. YouTube, however has broken it's own policy by banning/demonetizing videos they say are hate speech are harmful when they are not. They are deeming some conservative channels as hate speech without violating any of YouTubes policies and removing them from search algorithms. Provable data here.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

The bias is provable. The video I posted literally proves my point. You don't watch it because you have confirmation bias. Ignorance defined.

Yet, there are milliions of conservative Youtube and Facebook accounts. Google links to millions of conservative sites.

You're staking your argument on one sample; I gave you nearly a billion counter examples in terms of numbers of entries.

edit on 18-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If not, why not?

Aren't there enough conservatives to make such a thing profitable?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yet, there are milliions of conservative Youtube and Facebook accounts. Google links to millions of conservative sites.

You're staking your argument on one sample; I gave you nearly a billion counter examples in terms of numbers of entries.

I didn't vote for Trump and the bias is obvious. Here's another example. Tim Pool is center-left and even he gets de-ranked for simply stating how biased the left is. There's no clear explanation from YouTube for this. Even Reddit's CEO went into a conservative user's post and re-worded it. He then later apologized for it. How do you explain this?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You posted a youtube videos!!! I watched them; How can that irony escape you? Talk about confirmation bias and ignorance to use the very social media you want to shut down.
edit on 18-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It was interesting for awhile until you decided to go strawman on me. Thanks anyway.

Really?

Strawman?

Here we were talking about corporations that control the social networking of the world and how bad it would be if they had a full agenda of one way or the other and you come in with some white supremacist killing a jew.... What context does that have with anything we been talking about...lol

As I said, I have no clue what you are trying to say with your statement.

edit on 18-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join