It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI seize your internet history without a warrant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm not sure but I would hazard a guess at yes they already do, it's just going to get worse.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Obviously it's my neck of the woods, and not the US, but i seem to recall some retard near enough getting the tin pail over posting a vid of his dog doing an approximation of the Nazi salute on FB.

I imagine it would have been Facebook censored and drew the local authority's attention to the idiots nonsensical act.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not sure but I would hazard a guess at yes they already do, it's just going to get worse.

I think what people (sometimes, perhaps) miss is that while (yes) they can already do just about anything they want, the goal here is to normalize it in the eyes of the public and the law so that it is not seen as an abuse of power.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ah yes I forgot about the Nazis pug

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Thought police perfectly illustrated i suppose.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I think what people (sometimes, perhaps) miss is that while (yes) they can already do just about anything they want, the goal here is to normalize it in the eyes of the public and the law so that it is not seen as an abuse of power.

Seems to be yes, at least in the U.S it's easy to fool the people into doing they're bidding, all a goverment stooge has to do is blame the left or blame the right depending on the flavour of goverment and boom the people on their side support them.

Eta .i should add our goverment are probably worse they just past legislations when nobody is paying attention.
edit on 16-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

That's been going on since at least 9/11.

9/11 was a huge catalyst for this totalitarian tiptoe.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have just always assumed that the FBI could look at my browser history anyway whether they have a warrant or not as they don't seem to particularly care whether they are following legalities since at least 9/11 and probably even before that. So far they can't arrest you just for searching the internet for things but at the rate they're going I'm sure that will change soon.

*waves at thought police*

Oh wow, you posted pretty much the same as I did before I saw your post. I didn't plagiarize you, just seems we got the same first impression.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Peloci wearing masks has more replies than this thread.

/state of the board.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Let them.. let them be astounded by the amount of explainable or just plain crap searches and page visits.

If they ever want to browse mine... theyd surely be confused and dumbfounded. I look up a lot of things depending on what has caught my eye or what Im reading at the moment. I mean like I searcehd Kebab murder. A girl in the UK was killed and supposedly used for kebab meat in a guys deli. Or better yet... I was looking to find a source for chloroform. My main education and hobby is entomology... and I kill and mount my own insects that are captive bred. I was looking for a means to make the parts more pliable after death.. so I looked to find a place to buy cyanide. I have a masters in science.. and due to my employment I can order some gnarly stuff. I look for it... since on my own I decided Id try to source chems that were not originating in China ( and that I didnt have to pay 100 bucks for a hazards fee on top of shipping).

There are lots of reasons for being in strange places on the internet and learning strange things.

I continually have to look up the definition of a lot of slang. People I deal with dont speak that way.. and I had NO idea what a Karen was.. or frumunda cheese... among many things.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Sandro420

Whats that???

do Americans not have that ?
in the uk it's An Act to make new provision for the regulation of the processing of information relating to individuals, including the obtaining, holding, use or disclosure of such information.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Apparently not.

I would expect, very shortly, several--as in lots--of court challenges. How this even remotely begins to pass Constitutional muster is quite beyond me.

Of course, the actions of too many state govs shouldn't be passing muster either...so what do I know??

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Here ya go...

It's, obviously, not applicable to the US, as it was an act from the British govt.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

True that.

Most of us, maybe even all of us, have clicked on, or looked up, subject matter that's embarrassing, but not illegal.

Where does one even begin to explain what's wrong with this??

Illegal search and seizure--good place to start.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Never heard of it.

Sounds nice though.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So they spent countless millions to discover I dig jazz and black chicks.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
long long agaio They did not even have the right to search your car without a warrant if you pushed it .
Now all they need to do is say i smelled something .

Long long agaio Unless you did something really bad at 18 your record was expunged giving a young [person another chance to get things right .
L:Ong long agaio you did get in prison you were Required to get educated in a skill and NOT just dumped on the streets with a 100 bucks when let out .

Freedom what you have left is being taken piece by piece Trump was going to stop that Remember ?

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Nothing done online is private. Internet search history being one of those things.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
rand paul v0ted no
skumbag shumer of course v0ted yea

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not good, and not surprising that all let this crap carry on..no matter who is in charge.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join