It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Nursing Homes & Covid Patients...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Oh, it's not that bad.

Even that older ones who get it don't have that high a death rate.

Yes, it's much more dangerous for them, but a good percentage of our elders come through it too.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The information I am getting is some governor's actions are seen by a large group of high priced lawyers as indefensible to the point in about 6 months you will see this lawyer group on TV looking for families of the elderly that died for billion dollar lawsuits against these governors's and other state bureaucrats.

you are also seeing democrates trying to get laws on the books protecting governor's and other state bureaucrats.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm asking HOW does it make sense to mandate that virally-infected patients be forced to live in confinement with the virus' most vulnerable?

Incompetence or they want people to die.
I think it's just ordinary incompetence but stuff like this is why some think people others are evil though.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

No, I only said that about the ones that could be taking care of their loved ones and choose not to because they are heartless or lazy.

Exactly.

YOU are setting yourself up as the arbiter of who could be and should be placing loved ones in care facilities...while personally assigning blame and denigration ("Heartless and Lazy") according to your own completely uninformed judgmental opinion; an opinion which is neither based in any intimate understanding, nor knowledge of the people involved...or their individual situations.

The appropriately descriptive term for what you are doing is called 'Virtue Signaling'.

THAT, IMO...(based upon your own words)...is truly heartless and lazy.

edit on 16-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
On the other hand...if the governor in question were interested in cultivating the maximum number of Covid-19 deaths...in order to gain excess to a maximum amount of Federal funds...perhaps to even obtain a Federal bailout for his nearly bankrupt state...

...THIS move would certainly assist that motive.

I first see people as stupid and not evil. Because this is a level of evil that I just don't think most are capable of.

But I'm not saying they can't be both stupid and evil though..

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Then they hid how deadly that policy turned out to be.

And that's the thing that should have some heads roll.
Leaders make dumb choices sometimes but they need to own up to them.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I and my bride have already instructed our children to place us in a home if needed.

I will never be a burden to my children.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I and my bride have already instructed our children to place us in a home if needed.

I plan on getting really liquored up and driving my Aston Martin off a cliff.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I plan on getting really liquored up and driving my Aston Martin off a cliff.

I plan on going out in a bank heist gone horribly wrong.

Or a boating accident where they never find the body.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schmae

Replying to my own post since it's related. This just came out local DFW. It's just so strange.

''Health officials say of the 170 deaths reported to date, more than a third have been associated with long-term care facilities. There have been 7,250 cases countywide since testing began in March.''

www.wfaa.com... id=IwAR3ZiXDgk6TOvcbyRKXMZzPZxaf72ANplWVzyQebHXA0azP2CojFtPhVg3Q

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: ketsuko

Then they hid how deadly that policy turned out to be.

And that's the thing that should have some heads roll.
Leaders make dumb choices sometimes but they need to own up to them.

No. Heads should roll over sending people back into their nursing home environment with unknown virus when you did know enough to know that the elderly were more susceptible to it.

Look, I know it sounds somewhat contradictory to say our elders aren't that susceptible to it, but the elevated risk to them is great enough that extra care should be taken to protect them. Even back in the earliest days, it was clear that the risk of death to an older person was quite a bit higher than it was for younger, healthier people -- enough of a difference that the elderly needed the sorts of special measures that were being put on to society at a whole.

There is no excuse for ordering infected senior citizens out of specific medical care and back into their nursing home environment. None.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My mother (also an ATS member - hi mom!) just told me that my grandmother's nursing home is moving her to another wing this weekend, because they will be bringing in COVID-19 patients.

They are moving COVID-19 patients into my grandmother's nursing home! How is this not considered premeditated murder, given the death rate among the elderly?

She was only recently placed in the home, because she fell and broke her hip. She needs round the clock care and rehabilitation, to heal.

So, the 'low-risk' people are ordered to stay at home, to keep the "high risk" people from getting the virus; while moving people WITH the virus in with high-risk people?

Am I understanding, correctly?

ETA: She's in Texas
edit on 16-5-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

I'd be wondering where her transfer to a different facility is.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's the same facility, Ketsuko, just down the hall.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

This is all surreal.
edit on 16-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I know. I meant I'd be on the phone arranging to get your loved on transferred if at all possible to another facility with a lawyer in my back pocket if I felt it necessary.
edit on 16-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So, the 'low-risk' people are ordered to stay at home, to keep the "high risk" people from getting the virus; while moving people WITH the virus in with high-risk people?

Wow. That is probably the best, most succinct statement about the culpability, hypocrisy and criminality yet. Good job.

And yes. It's looking like premeditated murder to me. It will not stay in that wing. They know how communicable this virus is.
edit on 17-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
" The 5,500 nursing-home deaths in New York are more than the total deaths in all other states except New Jersey."
nypost.com... s&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

------------------------

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

These people are sick.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

These people are sick.

Dead bodies = Federal funds.