It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Nursing Homes & Covid Patients...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm keeping this OP apolitical and hypothetical...by not mentioning any names or political parties...and keeping it in an "Imagine if you will..." premise.

Here goes.

Imagine if you will...that you had vulnerable elderly loved ones with health issues that were residents in a senior living/assisted-living/nursing home during this Covid-19 pandemic.

...And the governor of that state just...for some reason...ordered that Covid-19 patients be moved into that same facility alongside your elderly and vulnerable loved ones...essentially placing your loved ones at serious risk of death.

Would you be pissed?

Would you praise that decision?

Would you want that governor to run for President so you could vote for him or her?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A few other questions that you could've included:

Would you want this self-centered governor (bozo) on a press conference, aired nearly everyday, on your local news channels?

Would you be pissed that the reporters attending these press conferences ask soft ball questions, while totally ignoring the ineptitude of this governor?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

First I think it should not be legal to order a private business to take any "customers".

Second I blame those that could be taking care of their loved ones but are just to lazy or heartless to do so.

Third My vote will be decided by much more than just one event. So it would depend on all the other policies this persons was putting forward.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No. I would not vote for that person.

That person made a deliberate decision to place the elderly in harms way.

If anyone ever deliberately chose to place in situ a contageous patient right next to an "at risk" individual, then that would be manslaughter at the very least.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

magine if you will...that you had vulnerable elderly loved ones with health issues that were residents in a senior living/assisted-living/nursing home during this Covid-19 pandemic.

...And the governor of that state just...for some reason...ordered that Covid-19 patients be moved into that same facility alongside your elderly and vulnerable loved ones...essentially placing your loved ones at serious risk of death.

I would say someone wants the old people dead.

Like the Indians and blankets story.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would be pissed, and I am pissed. I am in a state where exactly that happened. I was appalled when I first saw that it was really happening. In the beginning it seemed no one seemed to notice when it was ordered that they have to take them in. Now there's all an uproar, understandably so.
My dad is in a nursing home, and it's been awful not being able to visit. My brother and I used to visit at least 3 times a week, so my dad got a lot of visiting time. Now nothing. I understand the need for caution, so I guess I don't understand why the governor thinks it's ok to let infected in the homes. And they are confined to their rooms, no socializing. We can video chat, but he's blind, so it's like talking on the phone with him, which isn't the same as a real visit.
Anyway, they finally got a case at their home. 1 day later and now it's reported that there are 5. Who knows how many total.
This governer needs to shut the **** up!

edit: Sorry I didn't keep it hypothetical!
edit on 16-5-2020 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Can you really blame those taking care of your loved ones though?

You've seen what the government does to those who resist in other states. Look at the barbers/stylists who have been defying in Michigan, Kansas, Texas, and Oregon. Those states have brought every single power, legal or not, to bear on those individuals to make them comply. Now you are the director of a nursing facility, and in many cases, you are not an independent business owner but merely managing one in a group of homes for a larger business entity.

How do you fight what the government will surely do to you if you don't comply? It's not just you like it is for these barbers and stylists.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree with some of the responses above.
I would also be wondering if "journalists" giving this governor a pass on this travesty...are actually supportive of euthanizing the elderly and infirmed as part of some sort of larger political agenda.
edit on 16-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

it should not be legal to order a private business to take any "customers".

What? Even though this "legal" action would surely increase the likelihood of the virus spreading among vulnerable, most at risk people who were residing at that "business?"

These "customers" could've been sent to unused field hospitals, but instead were sent back to "businesses" unequipped to handle them.

Yet, time and time again, these governors, who belong to a certain party, either get a pass from the press, or "pass the bucket," in an attempt to cover up their mistake.
edit on 5/16/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The elderly tend to vote more conservatively.

It would be one way to eliminate or reduce a voting block.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yeah, as far as ordering private businesses to take any customers ...

We opened that door when we started down the non-discrimination and public accommodation road. If they're open to the public, even as a private business, we started letting the government have a heacy hand in defining who they will and won't serve.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You've just called everyone with an elderly and/or infirmed loved one in a care facility "lazy and heartless".

Do you want to hold to that grossly judgmental opinion?

I only ask because I'm assuming you are not privy to everyone else's situation...as you are likely not an omnipotent Being.

On the other hand, I could be wrong...in which case I should probably be placing a little plastic statue of you on the dashboard of my car.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No. I would not vote for that person.

That person made a deliberate decision to place the elderly in harms way.

If anyone ever deliberately chose to place in situ a contageous patient right next to an "at risk" individual, then that would be manslaughter at the very least.

In a sane world with actual justice you would be correct. However we don't live in a sane world and none of these individuals who chose to murder the elderly will see one day of prison time. The lunatics are running the asylum.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Imagine if you will a society who takes care of their own elders instead of paying strangers to care for them. In lieu of that imagine if all the people with loved ones in nursing homes took their loved ones out of them so they could be at home with their families rather than trapped in isolation with the infected and hit the nursing homes in the pocket books until they stood up to Big Brother.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Imagine if you will a society who takes care of their own elders instead of paying strangers to care for them. In lieu of that imagine if all the people with loved ones in nursing homes took their loved ones out of them so they could be at home with their families rather than trapped in isolation with the infected and hit the nursing homes in the pocket books until they stood up to Big Brother.

The world you imagine should probably also imagine that everyone has the innate ability and medical and nursing knowledge and staff to consistently provide around-the-clock and immediate medical care to their infirmed and mentally and physically incapacitated elderly loved ones.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't think people knew why the nursing home residents were becoming infected with this virus at first, I kept questioning it. Now that we know there are many questions, why weren't hospitals taking them, they weren't, they were refusing them .

And a nursing home is not qualified or equipped to take care of these patients.

To even get into a hospital in our area there is a tent testing area, employees have been layed off.

My friend is a lab tec and I have heard all the truth, there is not a test for covid she tells me that all the time.

It is so complicated, if I can I will get her to post I cannot explain it.

Why have nurses and doctors lied and claimed patients died of covid when they didn't?

She is in shock over what has happened.
edit on 16-5-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I would want to get some bodily fluids from a COVID-19 patient and throw them on the a$$. While I wouldn't actually do that, you can be sure I not only wouldn't vote for them, but I'd be looking for any way that they could be brought down politically and legally.

I did it against a councilwoman who did her best to have every dog in our city labeled a pit bull so that as many dogs as possible could be banned and perhaps euthanized. I stopped her attack against Dogdom, but I wanted her completely removed from office. I didn't succeed in the latter, but hopefully it was at least a hassle for her to defend herself in front of the Board of Elections. Harassing actions against an enemy count.

People in public positions often have political and legal vulnerabilities: exploit them.
edit on 16-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What I'm seeing in this thread so far...is a segment of ATS taking the initial premise concerning the concept of government intentionally mandating the placing of infectious Covid-19 patients alongside the virus' most critically virus-vulnerable segment of society in a lockdown position.

...and having them ignore that premise in exchange for a debate about nursing homes and how lazy and heartless people are for using them.

This looks exactly like deflection.
Perhaps these people find the governor's actions indefensible...and, as such, choose to avoid the actual discussion...for one that absolves them of their obvious avoidance and conscious ignorance.

Perhaps, these people actually support the governor's actions...and possibly the governor himself.

edit on 16-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And if that person moved his/her parent out of said facility..

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is a double edged sword. I feel it is fine to allow these people to be grouped together, but EXTRA special measures should be extended to the nursing homes to protect the clients and the staff. Throw money and supplies their way to keep the ill separated, as well as to keep the staff plentiful and protected. No more group activities. No communal room gatherings. Over staff the facilities. Remote thermometers. More testing. Screen, don't block visitors. This is the part they missed. ONE thing was definite about this virus, that older people and people with weakened immune systems are most at risk. They failed. At least one state spokesperson got their mother out of the home when they saw this coming.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join