It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magnetic North Pole Is Rapidly Moving Because of Some Blobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Earth's magnetic field is generated by molten iron in its outer core. The flow of this liquid iron can influence the location of the planet's magnetic poles. While poles have drifted and even swapped places numerous times over the course of Earth's long history, what's different about this recent shift is how quickly it's happening. From 1999 to 2005, Earth's magnetic north pole went from shifting 9 miles at most each year to as much as 37 miles in a year.
The bolding in the above is mine.

These scientists pored over 20 years of satellite data from the European Space Administration's Swarm satellite mission and discovered that "...over the last two decades the position of the north magnetic pole has been largely determined by two large-scale lobes of negative magnetic flux on the core–mantle boundary under Canada and Siberia," according to the study.

Between 1970 and 1999, the flow of molten, magnetic material in Earth's outer core changed. Because of these changes, the researchers say, the magnetic blob lurking beneath Canada slowly elongated in the early aughts, weakening the corresponding magnetic intensity on Earth's surface.
The Magnetic North Pole Is Rapidly Moving Because of Some Blobs

The troublesome blob under Canada split and the stronger section started moving toward Siberia. Causing the north pole to move toward Siberia.

When the poles shift the magnetic field protecting the Earth from harmful radiation weakens, letting more strike the Earth and it's inhabitants. This is pretty much fact.

So is the fact that navigation instruments of humans and beast will become inaccurate. No big deal yet for humans, we just re-calibrate. I don't think the animals can re-calibrate as fast.

I have seen that the jet stream may be influenced by the Earth's magnetic field. And when the field weakens the jet stream can move much closer to the Earth. Now that's what I would call climate change.

How bad it will be all depends on how weak the field gets when it flips and how fast it all happens. I think the consensus is that it is a slow process.

But drastic changes could happen fast, even in a slow process. And a slow process would be worst than a fast flip, for anything caught in the middle.

To gauge how bad it could get. Look at what is agreed by science would happen to an atmosphere like ours, if there was no magnetic field.

What If Earth's Magnetic Field Disappeared?

A magnetic field is not crucial for having an atmosphere — Venus has no magnetic field and has a massive, if unwelcoming, atmosphere — but it certainly acts as an additional protective layer. Mars, which used to have a magnetic field but lost it some 4 billion years ago, has had its atmosphere almost entirely stripped away. And if there were a way to give the moon an Earth-like atmosphere, the solar wind would whittle it to nothing in a mere century, Archer said.

There is some evidence that when the magnetic field flips life on Earth is effected. A flip has never happened in recorded history, so it is really unknown what will happen. I guess you could call it novel.

+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I was wondering why my dog was pooping in different directions, this explains it all. Thanks. : )

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The magnetic field changes is probably the total reason for the weather changes, but what is affecting the "blobs" seems to be affecting all of the planets at once.

edit on 16-5-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

what is affecting the "blobs" seems to be affecting all of the planets at once.

Can you give some examples?

You mean like Jupiter's red spot?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
-a reply to: LookingAtMars

what's different about this recent shift is how quickly it's happening.

So what?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
-a reply to: LookingAtMars

what's different about this recent shift is how quickly it's happening.

So what?

Exactly, what does it mean, if anything.

Could mean there will be some noticeable changes in the magnetic field of Earth.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

While I do find this subject very interesting, we really don't know if this is different, or not.

Yes, it is different in the context of the time for which we have accurate data, but that time frame is less than the blink of an eye in terms of the planet's history.

I know we have data from magnetic orientation of rocks, lava flows, etc, but that can't be broken down on a yearly, decade, or even century long basis reliably. Certainly not for any time antedeiuvian.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Agreed.

It could just be a fluke. We could be at the start of a flip or in an ongoing one.

It does look like we are overdue for a flip, but no one really knows.

edit on 16-5-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Three interesting videos to view in order:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Interesting stuff.
Any info on if a magnetic shift could alter fault lines and or increase volcanic activities?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Interesting stuff.
Any info on if a magnetic shift could alter fault lines and or increase volcanic activities?

Watch the first 2:40 of the video directly above your post. I warn ya ... you might get stuck there for the full hour that follows. -chuckle

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: SeaWorthy

what is affecting the "blobs" seems to be affecting all of the planets at once.

Can you give some examples?

You mean like Jupiter's red spot?

I realize they have stopped telling people this and changed the story but for years we were shown the increased storms and changes we have never seen on the other planets.
My opinion is that they are changing.

Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Other warming worlds

Others have pointed out anomalous warming on other worlds in our solar system.

Benny Peiser, a social anthropologist at Liverpool John Moores University who monitors studies and news reports of asteroids, global warming and other potentially apocalyptic topics, recently quoted in his daily electronic newsletter the following from a blog called Strata-Sphere:

“Global warming on Neptune's moon Triton as well as Jupiter and Pluto, and now Mars has some [scientists] scratching their heads over what could possibly be in common with the warming of all these planets … Could there be something in common with all the planets in our solar system that might cause them all to warm at the same time?”

Peiser included quotes from recent news articles that take up other aspects of the idea.

“I think it is an intriguing coincidence that warming trends have been observed on a number of very diverse planetary bodies in our solar system,” Peiser said in an email interview. “Perhaps this is just a fluke.”

In fact, scientists have alternative explanations for the anomalous warming on each of these other planetary bodies.

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There is clearly collusion between the Canadians and the Russians on this. There should be an investigation!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have seen that the jet stream may be influenced by the Earth's magnetic field.
Interesting. More information, please.

And a slow process would be worst than a fast flip, for anything caught in the middle.
Why?

There is some evidence that when the magnetic field flips life on Earth is effected.
Please provide this evidence.

The strength of Earth's magnetic field has been declining for three hundred years. And it still stronger than it has been in the past 50,000. Still stronger than its long term average.

This new evidence is consistent with the factor-of-2 equator-to-pole paleointensity signature of a geocentric axial dipole field and also indicates that the time-averaged field is considerably weaker than the present-day field. The resulting dipole moment provides a new calibration standard for cosmogenic isotope production rates and suggests that the present decrease in geomagnetic field intensity may simply be a return to a more average magnitude rather than a harbinger of a polarity reversal.

source

edit on 5/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Observationalist

Interesting stuff.

Watch the first 2:40 of the video directly above your post. I warn ya ... you might get stuck there for the full hour that follows. -chuckle
Not kidding. Fascinating and makes sense.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
that banned adam and eve book talks about this.
some jack has it on ebay for hundreds of dollars.

i wish i was rich, i would buy it, scan it, release to a-t-s for free.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This probably just effects climate patterns. It may be being caused by extensive mining going on all over. I highly doubt if anything other than earthquakes or volcanos could effect the pole like this.

Fracking could only change local weather patterns, you would have to mine out some of the dipole areas to cause that to move. Bodies of conductive metal ores being mined could effect the magnetic field. Magnetite and diamonds could do it, so could mining big bodies of gold or copper ore. Mining a few mines is different than mining multiple areas. A mine not on a geomagnetic area would not really do much, just in areas with lots of magnetic flow through them, that magnetic energy would hop to a different place and cause a move of our magnetic field. This could happen naturally too with volcanic action or even underwater activity.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

that banned adam and eve book

This one?

archive.org...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
There is clearly collusion between the Canadians and the Russians on this. There should be an investigation!

I would venture a guess that investigation may be generations away. The above governing bodies, are not the only ones involved.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
that banned adam and eve book talks about this.
some jack has it on ebay for hundreds of dollars.

i wish i was rich, i would buy it, scan it, release to a-t-s for free.

The floods? Just look at how many times the earths oxygen content has fluctuated. Trees can not produce oxygen under two situations, 1 burned in a fire, or 2 submersed under water. For the most recent global flood, the evidence as its mechanization's are in our faces, not quite washed out by time, yet. The older ones are still there but almost unrecognizable.

ADDED: Global floods are also a very convenient way of removing unwanted life forms, and adjusting their mindsets. Or, setting them back to a hard reset, both knowledge and technology. You mat not kill every single one, but they will revert to survival mode, and not too concerned about history.
edit on PMSaturdaySaturday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago4752 by All Seeing Eye because: Add:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join