It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I find it interesting that a "selfless action" has to be mandated by a government.

That's odd, isn't it? Not to mention, utterly contradictory.
edit on 16-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I find it interesting that a "selfless action" has to be mandated by a government.

Not really. The vast majority of what are now considered standard and acceptable safety measures, had to be mandated prior to acceptance.

From seat belts to fall arrest to basic hygiene.

It is the human way, lol.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes, indeed.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Let me know when you have a legitimate concern so far you have spewed ignorance and hokum. I don't put anyone in harm's way. I wear a mask to protect those around me unlike the ignorant or arrogant that don't.

Not hiding behind anyone's gun but I will stand behind my own if dirt eaters ever come looking to COVID parties like they do with their idiotic pox parties.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It isn't mandated in my state so it is a selfless action.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

No, us "mask deniers" aren't going to cough "right into another person's face." And it's ridiculous to suggest that because someone chooses not to take a certain precaution that they will take no precautions whatsoever. It was never cool to cough "right into another person's face" at any time.

Talking produces about the same amount of particles as coughing, so how do you limit the particles while talking? Do you cover your mouth as you talk like what you might do when you cough?

Oh please. So pre-CoVid people didn't talk to each other they were "basically" coughing "right into another person's face."

Amazing we're still here to tell the tale... We all should have been dead a long time ago.

As you talk you spray particles, do you believe that? We are talking about opening up the country and doing what we can to slow down the spread, right? COVID-19 has a much higher transmission rate than the typical flu so to get that transmission done to what the normal flu would be we need to do a couple of extra things to lower the transmission of particles.

We know, fact, that without a mask just talking can spray particles up to 5m, so if we want to social distance we also need to cut down on the spray of particles mainly during talking to one another, and to do this is the mask.

And people can decide for themselves what precautions and protections are best for themselves, their needs and their circumstances. If any are needed at all. Increasingly, people will be infected and recover and attain antibodies. They will not be a threat to anyone and no one will be a threat to them.

WTF are you saying...lol Wearing a mask protects others from you, so if you don't then you are basically saying I don't care if I spread the virus. Don't wear the mask, OK...Don't cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough too, OK... It amazes me that you see the benefit to cover your mouth, but not to do the same thing when you talk.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Therefore, if I am shopping mask-free in the designated times, anyone and everyone there has chosen to accept that level of risk, and I have. It is mutual agreement and consent. No one is doing anything to anyone else. It's just free adults being free adults.

Just admit you do not give a damn if you spread it... Do this then I can understand your point better.

Nope. Not at all. First and foremost, you are assuming that everyone -- just everyone! -- is infected and contagious. That isn't going to happen.

COVID-19 is over 2 times easier to transmit than the normal flu, a big part of that is you can go days with zero symptoms while being contagious, so how do you know when you should finally wear a mask/stay isolated?

But more important, it's not man vs man but man vs Mother Nature. In this case, we've decided to slow the spread, not stop the spread, and there is no hard and fast rules on how we do so, or how fast/slow we do so. We make the rules.

We need people to be exposed and contract the virus and gain antibodies and natural immunity for the sake of everyone. It's quite fair, reasonable, and effective to allow those willing to accept the risks and consequences to fill that need of their own free will. If you aren't that person, okay. You don't have to be.

Its all about slowing down the transition so that the health system doesn't get overwhelmed. Since this virus spreads much faster a mask with social distancing is that added effort to slow down the spread and allow herd immunity over time.

edit on 16-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Not hiding behind anyone's gun but I will stand behind my own if dirt eaters ever come looking to COVID parties like they do with their idiotic pox parties.

I like the one poster that was upset when someone told her to wear a mask and she felt like it was a overstep on her freedoms... Then she said she carries one in her purse just in case she needs to go to a store that requires them... I was thinking if it is in your purse just put the damn thing on...geez

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Let me know when you have a legitimate concern...

Let me know when you give a rats patootie for the people being harmed by your self-serving bullying and demands, because unless and until that happens, you are not capable of recognizing and acknowledging such concerns as legitimate.

And it is exactly that depraved heart that is far more dangerous to society -- i.e., everyone -- than this virus will ever be.

I'm happy to respect and accommodate everyone's rights, needs and autonomy. I refuse to cater to some at the expense of others. Period.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just admit you do not give a damn if you spread it...

HELL NO!!! There is no such thing to admit.

In fact, I do take extra precautions to make sure I don't infect others, and I've been doing it for much longer than CoVid has been around. Current practices and protocols make it easier to do than ever, and I make the most of them. I do so for the benefit of others -- NOT myself -- because I'm just freaking awesome that way.

Your assumption that declining to take one precaution, or a certain precaution, is a refusal to take any or all precautions, says everything about you, and nothing about me. You are the one who has no regard for the rights and best interests of others, and will force your will on others.

That's not me.

Do this then I can understand your point better.

Thank you for proving my point. You cannot understand my reality. So don't try to slap your label on me or judge me by your standards.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You are full of S###. I haven't demanded a damn thing.

Maybe when I said you were preaching some dirt-eating nonsense it hit a bit close to home for you. Wearing a mask is kindness to others because it limits the spread of the contagion and if you think that because people don't want to get others sick with a potentially life-threatening disease is the sign of depraved heart you have a broken brain.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I like the one poster that was upset when someone told her to wear a mask and she felt like it was a overstep on her freedoms... Then she said she carries one in her purse just in case she needs to go to a store that requires them... I was thinking if it is in your purse just put the damn thing on...geez

I read that thread and while I thought the guy had no business telling someone on the street to put on a mask I was disgusted at her trailer trash response to him. Yeah he was wrong but he wasn't mean or cras but she had no qualms about being as nasty as she could possibly be.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So rebreathing the virus particles that were already inside you is going to make you sicker. Right on brother. Some people will believe anything.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Gaslighting. Big fat surprise... big sad sigh.

Minimizing and outright denying risks and potential harm to others while forcing them into harm's way is the act of a depraved heart.

Wearing a face mask create risks for the wearer. Those risks are much greater for some than others. Everyone has a right to weigh risks and rewards for themselves, their needs, and their circumstances, and decide for themselves what level of risks they will accept, along with when, where and how.

Forcing anyone to wear a mask with no regard for their health and best interests is the act of a depraved heart.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Mod Note:

The rules of civility apply to this and all topics here. Ignoring them can and does result in post removals or harsher actions.

The topic is not each other or opinions of each other. Please stick to the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Yes, the more virus cells the more severe the symptoms and complications.

The number/quantity of virus cells is known as the viral load. Obviously, exhaled virus cells will lower the viral load if not retained by a mask. When retained by a mask, those re-inhaled virus cells will increase the viral load. Viral overload --increased virus cells -- increases the cytokine storm in response to the number/quantity of virus cells. Viral overload and cytokine storms impact the severity of symptoms and complications.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Just admit you do not give a damn if you spread it...

HELL NO!!! There is no such thing to admit.

In fact, I do take extra precautions to make sure I don't infect others, and I've been doing it for much longer than CoVid has been around. Current practices and protocols make it easier to do than ever, and I make the most of them. I do so for the benefit of others -- NOT myself -- because I'm just freaking awesome that way.

But you don't wear a mask even now knowing that speech is as bad as coughing when it comes to transmission of particles and a mask will cut that way down?

Your assumption that declining to take one precaution, or a certain precaution, is a refusal to take any or all precautions, says everything about you, and nothing about me. You are the one who has no regard for the rights and best interests of others, and will force your will on others.

I'm just trying to establish a baseline with you, SOoo what precautions do you take when you go out? Social distancing? It doesn't matter once you start talking to someone unless you are doing something like 20 feet as a norm....I just do not think people get it...Not wearing a mask basically makes social distancing moot.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I read that thread and while I thought the guy had no business telling someone on the street to put on a mask I was disgusted at her trailer trash response to him. Yeah he was wrong but he wasn't mean or cras but she had no qualms about being as nasty as she could possibly be.

I agree with you...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Safety tip for the day....

headaches, to increased airway resistance, carbon dioxide accumulation, to hypoxia, all the way to serious life-threatening complications

Don't use a plastic bag as your mask....

Thank You, have a nice day.....

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have the autoimmune lung disorder sarcoidosis and heart problems and can not wear a N95 type mask as I get very short of breath due to carbon dioxide accumulation

I can wear a surgical-type mask for very short periods just long enough to get into a store grab what I need and get out but I still feel short of breath and my heart rate goes up.

I have noticed people that wear a N95 anytime they are outside even driving in a car with the windows up and alone.

I wonder if some people will get into car accidents due to carbon dioxide accumulation or other problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join