It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

An OP recently suggested designated hours for shoppers who wish to wear masks and shop exclusively with others wearing masks. Or I suppose conduct most business outside the home. The more I think about it, the more I think it's an appropriate strategy.

People need to determine the level of risk appropriate for themselves, their needs, their circumstances.

I'm also keeping in mind that our purpose is to slow the spread, not stop the spread. We can only do that by people becoming infected and developing antibodies. I've read there is some evidence the virus is already weakening. And we have a much better grasp of how NOT to treat patients, as well as how to effectively treat patients.

We especially need more healthcare workers who have developed antibodies and can treat these patients properly, without fearing unduly for their own safety.

I would also like to see far more advice from government and healthcare officials on taking appropriate supplements to strengthen and prepare the body, such as Vitamin D3, which is showing to be a factor in severity of symptoms and complications.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: rickymouse

I was in my twenties when I worked at the foundry, I would get off work, go for breakfast, then go sleep till one oclock in the afternoon. Then it was time to go out socializing, some brats and a few beers, and no more drinks after six oclock because work started at nine thirty at night. I put in ten hours a day every day. The only psychological problems we had was our desire to party hardy on weekends. Masks were worn all day long and it was usually ninety degrees working in the Kohler foundry even with the fans blowing on you.

Okay... you're a badass superdude and I bow to your superior fortitude!!!

Others are not so fortunate. Someone's gotta think of their best interests as well.

I could never wear a mask and work all day anymore, I am sixty four, I am retired, I don't even want to spray paint cars or equipment anymore, did my share of that kind of stuff. But I still have masks for all that kind of stuff.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Be careful what you wish for. This is not a joke. This is an actual cafe in Germany and what they mandate their customers wear to enforce proper social distancing.

Chinese kids are wearing those too. I posted a picture of them already.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thats a heck of a strategy. I LOVE it! Here they will keep the state shut down as long as Pritz wants to. Masks everywhere. NO gatherings. NO farmers markets. No nothing. Cootie police fines and arrests... insanity.

Well, the masks lessen the viral load if a person is infected and exposes others. Lower initial viral load.. better chance of the body being able to handle it. It prevents nothing completely. No one seems to get that.. It also doesnt protect anyone completely.

Advise from govt on supplements or treating the WHOLE person to prevent severe illness... rather than just the symptoms after you get it?? NEVER... they dont make money if you prevent severe illness and they want to make supplements only by RX or illegal in many instances as they can. We get questions all the time about Vit C and D and Zinc and etc.. and we are told that under NO circumstances do we discuss it or answer any questions concerning any "alternative" treatments. Nice.. huh? At first we were commanded to tell people NOT to wear masks that it would be bad for their health and medical needed them. Then we were COMMANDED to tell people to wear masks at all times that you were in the presence of others other than household members and that was the only way to prevent severe infection. Those are commandments by the CDC and IEMS. You cant trust much.. it might change real fast.

Personally I think there are several strains all operating simultaneously and they have different levels of infection and severity and death rates. Thats why we all can argue till the cows come home , but none of us are exactly right about it. Ive seen it rip through a local nursing home within just a few days.. and kill a lot of people very rapidly. Ive seen it rip through another facility more South in the state.. and no ICU admissions. I mean its a nasty virus, but it has this huge variable between being mild to moderate to severe to deadly. it seems different in different parts of one state even.. so everyone is arguing with everyone else. Samples from ALL of these hotspots are being submitted.. but we never get the real information about whats really going on either. SOmeone knows.. and theyre not publishing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Oh no! Don't shatter my illusions!!!

I confess, I'm a wimp. I've tried to wear N95 to do things like clean the bathroom or rake up the yards, and I just can't do it. I can't breathe in enough. I have one mask left if I really need it but I dread the thought.

My husband has to wear one occasionally for work, and I guess he actually has different ones for different jobs. They even have some kind of equipment that pumps air out of the bay or building as they perform some construction and de-construction work. I think for asbestos and fine concrete particles, stuff like that. You probably know more about that than I do!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

It is soooooooo past my bedtime, and I'm barely staying awake here! So I'll comment on this --

Personally I think there are several strains all operating simultaneously and they have different levels of infection and severity and death rates.

I've wondered exactly that, for pretty much the same reasons. There are so many variables, so many different presentations, so many different progressions, and so on.

And I'll leave you with this -- EVMS CRITICAL CARECOVID-19 MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL -- that you might find interesting. I sure did -- and do.

Have a great night

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Go to bed silly!! Have a good night

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Oh no! Don't shatter my illusions!!!

I confess, I'm a wimp. I've tried to wear N95 to do things like clean the bathroom or rake up the yards, and I just can't do it. I can't breathe in enough. I have one mask left if I really need it but I dread the thought.

My husband has to wear one occasionally for work, and I guess he actually has different ones for different jobs. They even have some kind of equipment that pumps air out of the bay or building as they perform some construction and de-construction work. I think for asbestos and fine concrete particles, stuff like that. You probably know more about that than I do!

In the spring when I first mow with the riding lawn mower, I need to wear a mask. The mold or mildew cloud from the rotting leaves sure screws up my lungs. If I wait till the leaves get loose and the rain washes it into the soil, it is ok.

Also, there is some kind of weed that I mow in some areas that really bothers my breathing a lot. I wish I could identify what it is, but my whole throat gets messed up. People think it is only poison ivy that can cause lots of damage, there is a common weed around here that can mess up your skin and throat too. Even chemicals from cutting stinging nettle and burdock can cause reactions. Being that my problem exists in the early summer, it is probably not ragweed that is causing my problems that time of year. I am allergic to ragweed but that is late summer when it gets to be a problem.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The covid19 has no problem crossing the blood-brain barrier.
So why mention that it could infect the brain via the nasal passages?

It infects the brain-stem and affects breathing once it’s in the body.
Just google it?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

With the advent of the so-called COVID-19 pandemic

Anyone who starts a discussion on this subject with that opening line really should be ignored.

Its not a 'so called' pandemic. Its very, very real. No doctor worth their salt should be suggesting it isn't.

edit on 16/5/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/5/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
My household where I lodge is completely compromised now, so I feel it is my duty to wear one for other people's sake when I am out shopping.

This was an interesting OP, thanks 👍🏻 snf

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
The covid19 has no problem crossing the blood-brain barrier.
So why mention that it could infect the brain via the nasal passages?

That's not exactly true. At least not in all cases. It seems that it can cross the blood-brain barrier, but not always, and it's not established exactly when or how.

Just google it?

This is from April 27:

Crossing the blood-brain barrier

SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, may cause neurological disorders by directly infecting the brain or as a result of the strong activation of the immune system.

Recent studies have found the novel coronavirus in the brains of fatal cases of COVID-19. It has also been suggested that infection of olfactory neurons in the nose may enable the virus to spread from the respiratory tract to the brain.

The article also notes --

Respiratory viruses getting into the brain is thankfully a rare occurrence. But with millions of COVID-19 infections worldwide, there is the risk of significant neurological disease, especially in severe cases.

Coronavirus Patients Are Reporting Neurological Symptoms. Here's What You Need to Know

So Dr. Blaylock would seem to find it worth mentioning for the same reason this article (and medical studies) find it worth mentioning. It seems that it's not readily apparent how or how often this virus crosses the blood-brain barrier, but that the nose and nasal passages are suspected to be part of it.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Its not a 'so called' pandemic. Its very, very real.

Yes, it is very very real. People are suffering and dying. In large part because it was not being treated correctly (or at all). Treatments are improving, especially in terms of knowing what NOT to do.

It is a pandemic in the strict sense of the word, but technically we have "pandemics" every cold and flu season. I'm not going to quibble over that word or the "so-called."

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
My household where I lodge is completely compromised now, so I feel it is my duty to wear one for other people's sake when I am out shopping.

This was an interesting OP, thanks 👍🏻 snf

I understand, do be careful and take what precautions you can wearing a mask.

And you might be interested in these revised recommendations from the East Virginia Medical School for mitigating symptoms/severity if you do become infected:

Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
•Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1 -5]
•Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1 month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
•Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]•Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
•Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]

For symptomatic patients at home, it recommends increasing the melatonin, and adds optional pharmaceutical medications.
EVMS CRITICAL CARECOVID-19 MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL

Good luck and take good care!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If this were true, there would have been many doctors and nurses over the last 100 years dying or seriously ill and I doubt the Medical profession would want their staff dying out or missing work due to wearing masks!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

If this were true...

There is no "if" about it. The many many clinical studies reported prove that there are problems with face masks. Many of those clinical studies were conducted with healthcare workers, because it is a known problem. YOU not knowing that does not make it untrue.

....there would have been many doctors and nurses over the last 100 years dying or seriously ill and I doubt the Medical profession would want their staff dying out or missing work due to wearing masks!

No, and that's just stupid and ignorant. It isn't happening because the issues are known, have been studied, and protocols and equipment have been appropriately made.

Do you really think you know if or how many healthcare workers -- or anyone -- have been so affected? That you would know? Another poster posted a link for two young boys in China who have died after wearing a face mask during physical exercise. Did you know about that?

We can quibble about risks vs rewards, how much is too much, how long is too long, who is more vulnerable to these adverse effects, and so on and so forth, but there is no doubt that it's true. There is definitely a need and a place for masks, and especially for healthcare workers, sometimes specific situations and circumstances make the risks of wearing a mask better than the alternative.

This should not, and does not have to be an either/or all or nothing situation. It does call for educating and informing people so that they can make the appropriate choices and decisions for themselves.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That you would know? Another poster posted a link for two young boys in China who have died after wearing a face mask during physical exercise. Did you know about that?

That was me.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I guess that is why doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals wear them. They are just ornaments.

They are not wearing them for extended lengths of time. They also are not doing heavy physical exertion.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
That you would know? Another poster posted a link for two young boys in China who have died after wearing a face mask during physical exercise. Did you know about that?

That was me.

I was actually referring to a comment in this thread from Advantage -- but you're in good company!

I also just noticed your new OP. I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet, but I hope you don't mind if I post a link to it here as well:

A few things you should know about masks

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join