It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Isolation, Public Solitary Confinement, Facemasks and Breaking the Human Spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

I can respect your attempt to ease people's fears, but ultimately I think your actions will further reinforce the fear they have. It's normalization.

I'm not going to inconvenience myself every time I go into public simply to put fearful people at ease. I don't cater to fear.

I don't play into fear. I don't condone it.

I want people to be free. I want people to live.

Living in fear is the antithesis of life itself.

Fear is weakness. Fear is control. Fear is the mindkiller.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

I can respect your attempt to ease people's fears, but ultimately I think your actions will further reinforce the fear they have. It's normalization.

I'm not going to inconvenience myself every time I go into public simply to put fearful people at ease. I don't cater to fear.

Fear keeps the rabbit and deer alive.
Fear kickstarts vigilance.
Fear means better chances of survival.

Irrational, uninformed and/or mindless fear leads to panic and that leads to control and eventually death.

... and buying up all the damned toilet paper and laundry bleach.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
I don't understand the term social distancing. It's physical distancing. Social distancing would be like not calling or texting your friends.

Also, I agree. There is a certain level of humanity that needs to be there and this stuff is killing it.

It only shows you people in charge have no idea what the hell they are doing or talking about.

It is "phsical distancing" of an amount of distance that your "innate " wits will tell you to take and NO ONE knows that but you.
6 feet, BS try 6 feet out doors , the fact of it is the virus outdoors can travel a distance, indoors with no ventilation, yes, make sure you are at least 12 to 20 feet away from the next person.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Irrational, uninformed and/or mindless fear leads to panic and that leads to control and eventually death.

Yes exactly, we saw the mindless fear in that panic buying, Alex Jones and David ike etc that peddle fear know this and it's how they make their living, it's a survival instinct to focus on danger, without it we would be complacent and go by the way of the dodo, the media tap into our inherent survival mechanisms like any other charlatan to squeeze out every last drop of it they can.

Threads like this one are a prime example of it's effectiveness.
edit on 16-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Grocery stores and Walmart won't let people in without a mask. I find them stifling now that the weather is getting warm. You have to stand outside a while before they even let you in because they don't want too many in the store at the same time. Last week I came home with a headache.
When it gets hot and humid, I would die. Gah! I am still pleasant to people I come across and people have been pleasant back. We can still laugh and talk to each other. We are all in this boat together. Hate the masks!!!!

So anyway, came in to give hugs to everyone.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

There's a Bible verse that I site in a longer version of this essay, 2 Timothy 1:7, that says:

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Fear does the opposite of those things.

Instead of imbuing us with power, it makes us weak so that we run, we hide, we cannot confront and deal with those things that confront us.

Instead of imbuing us with love, is makes us selfish. (The opposite of love is not hate, but selfishness.) We can't think of others. I remember a conversation I had with someone years ago on a forum like this; he said that he didn't agree with the basic premise of Christianity because the law of love goes against the law of self-preservation. I pointed out that if I love myself above my neighbor and sacrifice all of them so that I can survive, I have done nothing for the survival of the greater group. If I am willing to give my own life in order to save my neighbors, I have accomplished more for the sake of survival than if I'd just saved myself. Stumped him. Fear is, ultimately, selfish.

Instead of imbuing us with self-control, fear makes us manipulable, weak, open to the control of whatever promises to make us safe. It takes control away from one and gives it to the thing feared.

Yes, fear in its proper place - controlled and harnessed - can be good. It keeps me from touching the hot stove a second time. It keeps me from doing stupid things. But a spirit of fear ... that's another thing.
:

edit on 2020 5 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Grocery stores and Walmart won't let people in without a mask. I find them stifling now that the weather is getting warm. You have to stand outside a while before they even let you in because they don't want too many in the store at the same time. Last week I came home with a headache.
When it gets hot and humid, I would die. Gah! I am still pleasant to people I come across and people have been pleasant back. We can still laugh and talk to each other. We are all in this boat together. Hate the masks!!!!

So anyway, came in to give hugs to everyone.

[/pic]

Thanks for hte hugs.

You're getting the headache because the mask is catching your carbon dioxide and making you re-breath it. You're getting hypoxia and a CO2 build up. These are unhealthy and actually weaken you immune system.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

There's a Bible verse that I site in a longer version of this essay, 2 Timothy 1:7, that says:

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Fear does the opposite of those things.

Instead of imbuing us with power, it makes us weak so that we run, we hide, we cannot confront and deal with those things that confront us.

Instead of imbuing us with love, is makes us selfish. We can't think of others. I remember a conversation I had with someone years ago on a forum like this; he said that he didn't agree with the basic premise of Christianity because the law of love goes against the law of self-preservation. I pointed out that if I love myself above my neighbor and sacrifice all of them so that I can survive, I have done nothing for the survival of the greater group. If I am willing to give my own life in order to save my neighbors, I have accomplished more for the sake of survival than if I'd just saved myself. Stumped him. Fear is, ultimately, selfish.

Instead of imbuing us with self-control, fear makes us manipulable, weak, open to the control of whatever promises to make us safe. It takes control away from one and gives it to the thing feared.

Yes, fear in its proper place - controlled and harnessed - can be good. It keeps me from touching the hot stove a second time. It keeps me from doing stupid things. But a spirit of fear ... that's another thing.

Incredibly eloquent... thank you for posting this.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Certain powerful/influential individuals and corporations are attempting to accomplish what Al-Quaeda and ISIS couldn't accomplish in America. They did a better job, but not good enough. The same American spirit that made us a wonderfully strong and independent nation will prevail.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Certain powerful/influential individuals and corporations are attempting to accomplish what Al-Quaeda and ISIS couldn't accomplish in America. They did a better job, but not good enough. The same American spirit that made us a wonderfully strong and independent nation will prevail.

This is what I hope and pray. I am not currently living in the US (though I am a citizen). I've spent about half of my life living outside of the US. Going back only every few years, we've seen disturbing changes in the culture since 1983. I hope that this serves as a useful shock that gets people's attention and reestablishes some critical things. (If I were living back in the US, I'd likely be in jail by now.)

We can prevail. I hope we do. It will take sacrifice. It may even take a few drops of the blood of martyrs and tyrants to water and manure that tree of liberty. I hope we are prepared for that should it prove necessary.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wal-Mart and co are full of Chinese produced goods, shop local support your local community and you likely will not have that issue.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The threat of violence from the outside is manageable. They have appealed to our existential fears, hit us not just where we live, but also where we die. Some are not ready to confront that.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

In my part of the U.S. (Chicago area), there is no enforcement of wearing masks, except in retail establishments.

The bars/restaurants are closed. But the Walmart/Target/Home Depot/Dollar stores are open, there's far less traffic, lower gas prices, and the Covid-19 Unemployment/UnderEmployment compensation equates to a $23.00 @ hour full-time (40hrs @week) job. Lots of "awoke" people are capitalizing on the dirt-cheap airline ticket prices too.

A part of me doesn't want this "crisis" to ever end. And that internal part of me seems to grow larger every week. Must be because I'm over 50, lol.

edit on 5/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The bars/restaurants are closed. But the Walmart/Target/Home Depot/Dollar stores are open, 

Do you ever ever wonder why the local shops ran by locals are shut but the conglomerates filled with Chinese produced crap are still open ?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I firmly believe that the end goal of the whole social distancing and face mask movement is the breaking down of the human spirit, the end being to make us all less than what we are.

[...]

We are being driven apart. We are being conditioned to bear an inherent distrust for all other human beings. We are being divided no only as a society, but as a race, as a species. This will weaken us, will weaken our cohesiveness, our collective will and social health. This is what is needed for further agendas to be carried out.

Exactly my thoughts. That is intentional on the part of evil people and they simply used the "virus" as the perfect rationale to further their nefarious agenda. I've been recently constantly thinking, what other "good reason" they could have used to achieve their evil goals, besides the virus (?). Maybe some kind of cosmic event, a natural disaster, etc, but then again the virus is the most multi-vector weapon that can achieve quite a few of their targets simultaneously, which you properly laid out above.

"Social distancing" is in fact an intentional separation of humans, it's soul breaking, more complacent and easier to control populations, etc. Also that results in people's inability to gather together to protest unjust laws and politics, (one of their main goals). You see with one stone (virus) they kill many birds.

As to whether they'll be successful or not, that depends on the awakening of the peoples of this planet and the intervention of the good spiritual forces, especially the second one in these End Times we're living in.

Good thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join