It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about wearing a mask

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: summer5
If the masks work, then why are some businesses forced to remain closed?
If the masks don't work then why are we being forced to wear them?

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

Nothing is 100% effective in all situations.

Masks at best only inhibit transmission by limiting speed of air flow of exhaled breath.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wearing a mask and gloves then picking your nose, rubbing your eyes or smoking a cigarette won't help a damn bit, mask or no mask.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Wearing a mask and gloves then picking your nose, rubbing your eyes or smoking a cigarette won't help a damn bit, mask or no mask.

I have a mask with a cigarette/straw hole cut out, and gloves with the fingertips removed.

I'll outsmart this virus like the super genius I am.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I have a mask with a cigarette/straw hole cut out, and gloves with the fingertips removed.

We could nail a rubbish bag over our head. Then we'd have, like, mega-acupuncture and an entire upper body protective sheath.

edit on 15/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If you want the skinny on masks, here it is. twitter.com... without the conspiracy BS.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Copy that....

I'm operating on the "keep your insides clean" system. Even if I breathe a bunch of the batflu, it can't last long in the atmosphere I've created in my lungs and guts. I'm reluctant to advocate drugs and alcohol to anyone, but it's always worked for me....hst.
edit on 15-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

The only good a mask does is if you are infected. At that point, it *may* reduce the amount of droplets you are spewing around you.

So why mandate everyone wear a mask? Because there are an insanely high number of asymptomatic cases ... basically, the assumption there are so many of them that everyone may as well be treated as infected until proven otherwise.

And if we've gotten to that point, then why are we locked down? Most of us are already infected.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

We could nail a rubbish bag over our head.

That's so March 2020 triage without PPE.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Copy that....

I'm operating on the "keep you insides clean" system. Even if I breathe a bunch of the batflu, it can't last long in the atmosphere I've created in my lungs and guts.

Um, go to 2.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they can make you wear a mask, then you're more likely to be compliant, more willing to turn in people who don't.

It's also a great way to infiltrate a group, if one were so inclined to do such a thing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: summer5
If the masks work, then why are some businesses forced to remain closed?
If the masks don't work then why are we being forced to wear them?

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

Reducing your risk of infection (or infecting someone else) is a matter of probability, not certainty.

For example, if wearing a mask reduces the probability of you breathing in someone else's virus-laden aerosols by 90% and standing at least 6 feet away from them reduces the probability by another 90%, doing both together would reduce your risk of breathing in the virus to 1% of the risk if you didn't do either. So when people say masks work, they mean that it improves your chances of not contracting the virus by quite a bit, but not that it absolutely prevents it.

For some businesses, like beauty salons, massage parlors, tattoo shops, dentists, doctors, it is impossible to maintain 6 foot separations. Also, it seems that physical touching is another vector for virus transmission, over and above airborne transmission. For those businesses, even wearing masks would still not reduce the probability of transmission very much.

Okay Boomer.

No, really, I agree with you, I juat couldn't resist, given your handle

I think a lot of confusion was sown for those who are unable to figure out masks themselves.

If they would have said, "masks will block some but not all of the virus from getting out of one person and into another, this reducing the viral load and making serious illness / death - or even noticable symptoms at all, less likely as the immune system more easily overcomes a small viral load", then people wouldn't have been so confused by it all.

Instead, we had the WHO telling us "masks don't help, don't wear masks", followed just a few weeks later with, "always wear masks, masks are critical!"

Simply put folks - masks help, especially when they're on the giving and receiving ends. They don't block 100% of the virus.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you want the skinny on masks, here it is. twitter.com... without the conspiracy BS.

Funny thing is that I have read studies that are equally convincing by equally qualified professionals that say the exact opposite.

Go figure ...
:
edit on 2020 5 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: summer5

The masks are nothing more than an instrument in social engineering.

If they can make you wear a mask, then you're more likely to be compliant, more willing to turn in people who don't.

The mask is a new symbol of obeying government and subserviant compliance.

The reaction that I see in people bears witness to this. I have never seen or heard of anyone who didn't have a mask getting upset or self-righteous or start virtue signalling toward anyone who did, but it sure works the other way around. This belies the fear and level of manipulation they are under.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Right? I keep getting clean bills of health from annual exams and I do all that stuff!

"Keep doing whatever it is you're doing," they say.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I have never seen or heard of anyone who didn't have a mask getting upset or self-righteous or start virtue signalling toward anyone who did, but it sure works the other way around.

It has happened whether you saw or heard it or not. We asked "are you sick?
....no?
...because people are only supposed to wear masks if they're sick"

Because that was the beginning

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wearing a mask is a great way to show everyone that you’re a CUCK

Oh you wear a bandana instead of a face mask? You’re also a CUCK

Oh you only wear one when you’re unable to ‘social distance’? You’re a CUCK

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's a conformity issue - people feel safer by wearing masks & by seeing others do the same.
There's no safety issue (other than for healthy mask wearers). It's a psychological placebo.
Social control device.
Not everyone in Texas wears a mask, and those that do, frequently cover their necks, hang the mask from an ear, put it over their ballcap visor...
CONFORMITY - SELF-SUBJUGATION TO AUTHORITY - warm fuzzies for folks glues to their TV news

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join