It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Gov Pulls Out All the Stops to Destroy Mother Who Reopened Her Salon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is that even though the only legal standing the governor has is on the lease if this woman tries to fight it in court she will lose on all contrived counts because I guarantee the case will be tried before the most liberal judge available with no allowance for a change of venue.

Our youngest girl lives in Salem and they are an odd lot out there!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sort of the like the petty regulators husband talks about who make changes to the regulations not because they really think they're making anything better. They don't care. They do it because it looks good for their advancement if they can point to changes they made to the system with their name on them. Of course, those are often costly changes for business ... but who cares?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Meh, maybe she was already doomed to fail anyway and realizes that if she "stands up"
the Go Fund Me feel good fraternity will save her.
It could be a retirement plan.
Hmmmmmm? Come to think of it....
edit on 2020151202000000031 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This must be some of this freedom Americans like to think they are the champions of.

On a more serious note isn't Salem vampire land, just jokes what a bunch of assholes sending cps around and those fines are just ridiculous.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So the drug addicted, alcoholic, welfare queens, whores, pimps, whoremongers, disability frauds, lazy, victim card players, illegal aliens, homeless, and those with prior or pending felony convictions have very little interference where their kids are concerned, but present a well deserved middle finger to an elected fascist and CPS shows up at a small business owner's door? Oh yeah, it's well past time to roll some politician heads down the capital stairs coast to damn coast.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How can someone STILL earning a substantial income tell someone with NO INCOME who earns a meager one to shutdown their business in cold blood with fines. Forfeit your income first then we can have this discussion. This has got to stop. How about help these businesses out FIRST. They are suffering. Pathetic. These are your own people begging for help. Do your job and find a solution. What about a higher end respirator for these type of workers other than a flimsy mask. Why would that not work.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What is it with the idea of a hair cut?

First we have a salon owner jailed in Texas. Then we have Whitmer's ongoing battle with 77-year-old Karl Manke who just wants to eat.

The idea is to criminalize and demonize even the most basic and normal of human activities. Everything you do is now suspect. It's already been claimed that, with excessive and draconian laws and regulations on the books, no American can make it through a day without committing several felonies. It's getting worse. Anything that we as a society consider normal, healthy, good is now a threat to the children and the old people.

You want to work to feed your family? You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You want to pursue a hobby. You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You want to go outside and exercise? You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You live in the streets, sleep in cardboard boxes on the sidewalk, defecate in public spaces and get your booze, drugs and drug paraphernalia from public handouts? That's perfectly acceptable.

We are being re-engineered.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Salem, Massachusetts was the witch place. Salem, Oregon is on the other coast.

Yes. The CPS thing was pretty gestapo-esque.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 727Sky

I deal primarily with hospital compliances with standards being met so the hospitals can claim Medicare, Medicaid reimbursements.

I did 2 Joint Comission inspections and a CMS inspection last year.

I kissed so much ass, the Preperation H burned my cheeks!

Plus I have 2 JC inspections in the third quarter this year!

When I worked for a hospital (IT) they always told us to stay in our offices while the Joint Commission people were there. They didn't want us to have to answer any questions that we didn't absolutely know the answer to, and we didn't know anything about the operations of the hospital anyway so we just hid for the few hours they were there.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: ketsuko
What is it with the idea of a hair cut?

First we have a salon owner jailed in Texas. Then we have Whitmer's ongoing battle with 77-year-old Karl Manke who just wants to eat.

The idea is to criminalize and demonize even the most basic and normal of human activities. Everything you do is now suspect. It's already been claimed that, with excessive and draconian laws and regulations on the books, no American can make it through a day without committing several felonies. It's getting worse. Anything that we as a society consider normal, healthy, good is now a threat to the children and the old people.

You want to work to feed your family? You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You want to pursue a hobby. You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You want to go outside and exercise? You're acting out of selfishness! You're a criminal and a danger to society!

You live in the streets, sleep in cardboard boxes on the sidewalk, defecate in public spaces and get your booze, drugs and drug paraphernalia from public handouts? That's perfectly acceptable.

We are being re-engineered.

Every time I imagine someone saying something like this to me I get so angry I want to punch anyone like that in the throat and then kick them in the crotch. I will not accept that bastardized attitude as normal behavior. That type of attitude should be shamed into oblivion! Yes, just reading it upsets me. It's one of the few things that does. People have to learn that to act like that is abhorrent and we cannot tolerate it anymore.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I Wish I could hide.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

gestapo-esque

That's a pretty apt description, the Nazis would certainly be proud of the douchebag leaders that are doing this.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When husband was in quality control, he was always in what they called the "war room" for inspections by different regulatory authorities, meaning he was on the spot and liable to be called up to provide answers or documentation on the fly. No luxury to hide.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is easy for me to say because I work at home and my mother does too.
We are both home bodies. Always have been.
So we both have no reason to go out and risk ourselves.

I think anyone that wants to risk it should be able.
And not be punished for it.

And those that don't want to , don't.
And they also should not be punished for it.

Governments giving orders to private business is something I don't like.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am mostly in the same boat, but I'm really not all that scared of this thing.

In the beginning when we knew nothing, I thought some concern and measures were warranted, but as a few weeks passed and we saw what it was going to do, or more appropriately not do, I thought it was time to start getting back to life.

I think there are some groups who need to be careful going forward because it can be a serious illness, but let's just say they tested a meat packing facility in a county north of us. All 400+ employees, every one, tested positive. Only 30 or so actually had any symptoms, and yes, one did die, but he had underlying conditions.

Frankly, I like those odds, and as a healthy person, I'm not too afraid. I'll go out and about as I need to.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Oh yeah, it's well past time to roll some politician heads down the capital stairs coast to damn coast.

All of the politicians who are too weak to stand up to the fear mongers and virophiles, or who think this situation is their chance to become little dictators (in complete violation of the Constitution), or who are using it for political promotion -- Democrat or Republican or what have you -- need to be voted out on their asses the next election. Bunch of weak-minded, pandering idiots, the lot of them.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmmm politicians using their agency to attack citizens? Their rule is not a monarchy their authority has limits and this kind of behavior by politicians needs to have repercussions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join