It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Gov Pulls Out All the Stops to Destroy Mother Who Reopened Her Salon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What is it with the idea of a hair cut?

First we have a salon owner jailed in Texas. Then we have Whitmer's ongoing battle with 77-year-old Karl Manke who just wants to eat.

Now we have Gov. Kate Brown vs. Lindsey Graham.

No. This one.

She opened her hair salon in Salem, Or, and is now facing intense legal pressure from Gov. Kate Brown, including OSHA and CPS.

OSHA threatened her with $14,000 dollar fine even before she opened, just on the mere announcement. But OSHA shouldn't have any jurisdiction since she operates with contractors instead of employees. They contract for their workspaces. But here OSHA is promising to fine her up to $70,000 and threatening to bring in other agencies as if they have some kind of authority.

On May 2, Lindsay let her clients know that she would open her salon on the 5th of May.
On May 4, OSHA threatened her with a $70,000 fine.
On May 5, she reopened her salon in Downtown Salem.
On May 6, Lindsay received a letter from the city of Salem informing her that she was in violation of the office lease contract. (the city of Salem owns the building her salon occupies)
On May 7, child protective services showed up at her home while she was at the office to initiate an investigation of her children’s environment.
On May 14, OSHA told Lindsey they will fine her $14,000 and they will notify other state agencies to initiate additional investigations.

When CPS showed up, both parents were out at work, but the children were home with a sitter. The case is still "open".

I guess the barbers and stylists are the ones showing us the way here.

+12 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oregon is a funny state.

It's progressive left in Salem and Portland, but everywhere else it's like the friggin' John Birch Society.

It's Kate Brown-Shirt right now. She's joined the California-Washington-Oregon Politburo with the other governors to push their communist agenda.

The next few weeks should prove to be interesting.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I can understand the issue with the lease, and almost see the relation with regard to OSHA,

But sending out CPS is just obvious government harassment. I'd think a good lawyer could get a win on that one with no problem at all.

These people(gov hacks) are just trying too hard at this point, It's like they are just begging for people to band together and come for them.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I think the lease is the only one that has firm standing.

She herself doesn't have employees which is what OSHA is all about. She leases space and her contractors sign agreements to use some of that space for themselves. They technically aren't her employees in that sense.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's really a common tactic.

State agencies are all incestuous.

If you get on the bad side with one agency, you're in Dutch with all agencies.

I work with CMS a lot. You have no idea the intertwining between CMS, OSHA, Fire Marshals. . . .

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I can understand the issue with the lease, and almost see the relation with regard to OSHA,

But sending out CPS is just obvious government harassment. I'd think a good lawyer could get a win on that one with no problem at all.

These people(gov hacks) are just trying too hard at this point, It's like they are just begging for people to band together and come for them.

It's lawfare.

Even if the fines don't get her, the attorney's fees will. Either way she's out of business.

And the government won't go away after one loss. Remember, their purses have no bottoms, their employees get paid every two weeks regardless, and if you scorn someone in government, all their co-workers will circle the wagons because you challenged their authority. It can quickly turn from "enforcement" to vengeance.

Heck just sitting here I could think of ten ways to make this miserable for her. "OSHA inspection" for the twentieth day in a row. Subpoena for all her bank account records since the day she opened from the revenue man. CPS car parked outside her house all day watching. I could go on.

I'm advising a few clients recently who want to do something similar. My advice is that the first person to openly defy whatever "order" is out there, it will be dealt with hard, fast, and as publicly as possible, to make an example of them. Be ready.
edit on 15-5-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Lets face it. It looks like it's going to be Barbers and Stylists leading the fight to save the Constitution.

I think it's time that the people start telling the Governors how they are going to handle it. If the Governors don't like it, as Trump would say.........You're Fired!

edit on 15-5-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This guy gets it ^^^.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I would guess they're the ones falling through the cracks in the safety nets.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: highvein

I would guess they're the ones falling through the cracks in the safety nets.

It seems so. The forgotten one's yet again.

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
She should just claim to identity as a pet groomer and her customers identify as dogs. Species are a social construct. Problem solved.

Oregon
Governor has extended stay at home order through July 6. Pet Supply and Pet Care services are exempt from the shutdown. Click on the link for more information on essential services.

www.akc.org...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's really a common tactic.

State agencies are all incestuous.

If you get on the bad side with one agency, you're in Dutch with all agencies.

I work with CMS a lot. You have no idea the intertwining between CMS, OSHA, Fire Marshals. . . .

They are like a pack of dogs and if one sniffs you then you become the prey for the pack. If things escalate and words are no longer effective then the enforcers arrive just doing their job to throw you in prison and ruin your life forever.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I deal primarily with hospital compliances with standards being met so the hospitals can claim Medicare, Medicaid reimbursements.

I did 2 Joint Comission inspections and a CMS inspection last year.

I kissed so much ass, the Preperation H burned my cheeks!

Plus I have 2 JC inspections in the third quarter this year!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Regulatory and compliance is husband's career, not mine, but I'm pretty sure he's more than familiar with overlapping regulatory agencies, and even worse overlapping international regulatory regimes.

Those are his war stories though.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I got a hair cut Tuesday. It was empty so I went in with a mask on and the first thing they did was take my temp.

Then she had me clean my hands with her hand sanitizer. She moved my mask a couple times to get around the ears. She was very professional and gave me a good haircut. By the time I left other customers had come in.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

They've been gradually re-opening the salons in this area, but the whole state has been re-opening, and when the governor said "re-open" he meant it. He put guidelines more on how to re-open than he did on what could re-open, and then he left it up to the various locales how and when to proceed.

The only reason we haven't gotten our hair cut yet has more to do with the waits than with anything else.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It seems certain idiots want to make an "example" out of someone, in the (false) belief that the sheeple will be intimidated and not violate draconian orders. It will work for some, but most Americans would rather die fighting, than being obedient sheep.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Most people do not know just how messed up the state and federal bureaucracies can be; not all but way to many . They go renew their drivers licenses and pay their taxes and bitch for a while but soon forget as they are to busy working and trying to make a living. I am so glad I am out of any domestic or federal entanglements except for the taxes which I pay and pay and pay. One of the companies I had many years ago provided mental health providers to nursing homes. The government wanted you to change your billing program every few years at a substantial cost simply because someone was getting a kickback or a brother in law was selling the software.

Maybe we are just old but... the longer I live the more I think the world runs on corrupt officialdom...and... they are not nearly as smart as they used to be.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Local coffee shop sells groceries to open and told the local cops to read the sign from the outside. It said mask mandatory. They told her that she needed to close and she asked what they wanted to drink. They told her again and she said they couldn't loiter and they left. She's been open every day selling bread and milk with the 30 types of coffee.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I knew of one JC inspector who left to start his own business making HEPA Filter chambers for duct work in hospitals. A year after he started, it became mandatory and he made millions before selling out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join