It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the law of the land...PERIOD!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If you don't think this is the case, then maybe you should read up on some US history, or move to Canada if you don't agree. Many supporters of these executive orders, either don't know, or could care less about "the law of the land."

Thankfully, there are a few sheriff's around the country who are sounding off against the Executive Orders that many governors are forcing upon the public.

These sheriffs know full well that a Governor’s Executive Order is "not enforceable by law enforcement." Here are a few examples:

Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker has threatened to deploy law enforcement against business owners who reopen before he grants them permission, defying his pandemic lockdown orders.

“Businesses and individual professionals who are licensed by state agencies will be held accountable for breaching public health orders,” Pritzker said during a press conference on Wednesday, according to Illinois Policy. “Local law enforcement and the Illinois State Police can and will take action.”

“The Governor’s Executive Order is not a law,” Kendall County Sheriff Dwight Baird explained. Sheriff Baird said that his department will not order businesses to shut down, nor will they break up wedding celebrations or other events.

Massac County Sheriff Chad Kaylor said he has spent hours studying the executive order and the coronavirus pandemic.

“It became clear to me that the Governor’s Executive Order was not enforceable by law enforcement. The order was not drafted by a legislative body; therefore, it is not a law. The order was not signed by a judge,” the sheriff explained.

“Ultimately, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the law of the land,” he wrote. “Each person is free to speak and have your own opinion. You are free to assemble, and you are free to worship.”

Sheriff Kaylor said that his office will not enforce Pritzker’s executive order.

tinyurl.com...

"I will enforce the laws when they are violated but I will not arrest for a failure to heed a recommendation on how to act whether in a business or out in the general public. If you do not want to protect yourself and not practice safe distancing or wearing of mask, that is your individual decision. It may not be the right one, it may not be the responsible one, but last time I checked there is no 'escape clause' in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights allowing for suspension of our constitutional rights when there is a virus plaguing us."

newschannel20.com...

edit on 5/15/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

"...if we can keep it..."
🦅🇺🇸⌛

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

These lockdowns are 100% unconstitutional and all these bleeding heart idiots who don't actually do their research are 100% on board with it and think anyone criticizing this is a deplorable POS.

On the contrary, those who aren't doing their own research and seeing through the BS to recognize how this is unconstitutional and authoritarian are the ones doing damage to our country and our freedom

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Don't move to Canada, we don't like weak people.

Don't you guys have like a constitution and guns and stuff.......seriously, don't come here, we don't accept weaklings.

PERIOD!!!
edit on 15-5-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I want to agreee with you. I am a liberty person and maybe you are right. But these EMERGENCY declarations give these type of vague powers to state officials right??

I havent even heard if Trump lifted Natinal emergency yet.

SO we are under vague emergncy declarations right??

+6 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Don't you guys have like a constitution and guns and stuff.......seriously, don't come here, we don't accept weaklings.

Bwhahahaha...

Your PM is trudeau....
Can't get much more [snipped] than that guy...

edit on Sat May 16 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone
And the beauty is, for those jurisdictions where citizens were arrested, many if not most cases were dropped by simply challenging them in court. There is no legal basis for the arrest, errgo, your free and clear of any conviction.

And for the slaves who still believe (secretly wish for) some apocalyptic plague death for daring to live free, it is not happening and has not happened, and will not happen with Covert Op Viral Intel Deception .

It may happen when the Bilderberg conference seeks a counter attack to bring the human race into submission, but this is not it yet. When it actually happens, it will be an illness with well over a %1 (closer to 20%) lethality rate, and death will be quick, probably less than 72 hours no matter the resources thrown at it.

We should be watching for another slaughter/disappearance of microbiologists over the next couple of years like this community monitored in the earlier 2000's .

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Unless you're Trump and then neither apply apparently.

Trump as a Defender of the Constitiution

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Touche...at least he can box.
As much as a softie he is....my PM can still beat up most presidents, just not Putin.

Trump vs Trudeau....Trump would get murdered.
edit on 15-5-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Any government elected official should be sent to prison for the tyranny with which they have shown toward the freedoms of the American citizens. The people who are standing up against these violations are leading the rebellion against those leaders that have forgotten who they work for.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I said this would happen back in March.

All people did was soil their panties about the billions that would die and government was here to help us.

Nice to see people waking up a bit though.

It's about damned time.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
shawman, your OP should be shown on every news network.
It's killer!

Yes, it does the heart good to see those sheriff's refusing to comply with the dictaters. I'm sick of hearing people say that state governors can do ANYthing they want "because it's a state of emergency".

We've seen firsthand how crazy some of these politicians are.
"We're going to track you down if you violate the lockdown."
These morons have no regard for the Constitution. They should not be in office!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
dang man, you messed up by putting this in the mud pit. It does not show up as a recent thread on twitter, where I can forward it to a much bigger audience. It looks like the algorithms are set to ignore any mud pit topic, for good reason of course. Consider a move request to Social issues civil unrest forum???
edit on 5-15-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

PERIOD!!!

That only really applies west of Thunder Bay, ya? Seems like the average toughness factor takes a serious dip east of Thunder Bay, almost to the point of ridiculousness.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I placed the thread in "The Pit," anticipating a few off topic, or vitriolic comments and didn't want member's comments removed by the mods. We're adults and I believe everyone has a right to express themselves, as long as we're not disrespectful to one another.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Touche...at least he can box.
As much as a softie he is....my PM can still beat up most presidents, just not Putin.

Trump vs Trudeau....Trump would get murdered.

Well yeah, but he's 30 years older than Trudeau. That said, if Trudeau squared with him expecting a "gentleman's fight" he'd be likely to take a punt to the location where his Canadian jewels presumably once existed. In all liklyhood, Trump would just slip a few grand to one of the many boxers he's associated with and Trudeau would find himself in quite the mess.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I can't even believe I'm entertaining this, but, did you bother considering the age disparity?
I'd be willing to bet, Trump in his physical prime, would give old Blackface a run for his money.

Part of me still feels kind of dumb for addressing that, but the kid in me just fist pumped, so yeah.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Americans and Canadians arguing over who would win in a fight between President Trump and Justin Trudeau is the living embodiment of America telling Canada "My Dad can kick your little sister's ass." only for us to be told that's not their little sister and asking us not to hurt their effeminate PM's feelings any further.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Don't move to Canada, we don't like weak people."

Justin Bieber. For all the intolerance of the weak, you sure push out some pretty pansy ass people. Dave Coulier.

"Don't you guys have like a constitution and guns and stuff.......seriously, don't come here, we don't accept weaklings."
PERIOD!!!

Why yes, we do! The latter will be used to protect the former, once it can be established it need be done, with no other recourse.
Killing our own countrymen may seem to be taken lightly from the outside, but if you believe media sensationalism, that's on you.
Most patriotic Americans are law abiding, peace loving, and basically good people.
It's obvious why you misunderstand the ability and usage of such a right and document.
You don't have them.

edit on 14Fri, 15 May 2020 14:21:08 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20205America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Fighting terror

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I know he is a wuss, but so are the people whining about a constitution they won't bother fighting for....yeah, I said it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join