It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad UFO Photos that Drive Me Nuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wish people would just stop creating bad UFO photos. I know they're probably all excited, or why would they even bother to upload them. But people need to recognize when what they have is just garbage. This is just from a couple of days of images at:
UFO Stalker

That blue light you saw dancing around that video? It's a lens flare. Sorry.

That "orb" you saw? It's because it was out of focus.

That flying saucer that "you didn't notice when you took the photo?" It's a freekin bird.

Also Starlink.

Drives me crazy. The signal to noise ratio is just ridiculous when it comes to this stuff.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yes

There's always the factor of
"It's a photo with more grain than a 1950s television, of course the subject is unidentified!"

Give me an HD UFO or bust. I wanna see that puppy in 4k and if I can't identify it then, maybe we have something.
edit on 5/15/20 by servovenford because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The only thing worse is an enhanced photo from a video of a film that is out of focus. Each step just adds more noise.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Simple explanation.

Most people have their Bigfoot camera and they suddenly see a UFO.

Likewise other people have their UFO camera when they see a bigfoot.

Everybody understand the issues now?

Thank You

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift The signal to noise ratio is just ridiculous when it comes to this stuff.

i agree entirely. however one can only hope that there is signal to be found among the noise.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Simple explanation.

Most people have their Bigfoot camera and they suddenly see a UFO.

Likewise other people have their UFO camera when they see a bigfoot.

Everybody understand the issues now?

Thank You

This makes total sense to me. With all the great pics people can take with IPhones and stuff, you’d think there would be way better pics.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
That "orb" you saw? It's because it was out of focus.
Right, but even if you focus it you might just get a "dot" which could still be anything, Venus, Jupiter, a star, or a distant plane.

With a different type of camera an out of focus light can become other shapes like a hexagon, or a diamond in this example:

www.youtube.com...

That's actually an airplane. It doesn't look much like an airplane though, so some people get excited when they see that in their camera. It's not what you would see visually which is probably just a "dot" of light without the zoom, at a large distance.

originally posted by: servovenford
Yes

There's always the factor of
"It's a photo with more grain than a 1950s television, of course the subject is unidentified!"

Give me an HD UFO or bust. I wanna see that puppy in 4k and if I can't identify it then, maybe we have something.
I'd give 100 stars for that post if I could.

Not just graininess, but at a great enough distance, known objects can become "UFOs" because eventually they just look like dots and it's hard to identify a dot. And this doesn't apply to just photos, but also to the Navy's released UFO videos which are basically fuzzy dots that could be anything if you got a closer look and in focus. Chris Mellon and others say they can't be planes because if they were planes, you'd be able to see the wings. If you're close enough, that's true, but if you're far enough away, you can't see the wings especially on FLIR, as this example photo of four F-15's shows. They look like "Tic-Tacs" or oblong dots, yet why do people assume they must be alien space ships just because you can't see the wings?

Advanced Targeting Pod Forward Looking Infrared Pod Flight Test Demo on F-16 and F-15 Aircraft

Screenshot from time 2:16 in the video showing four "Tic-Tacs", I mean F-15 airplanes, followed by an enlargement of the two on the right:

Yes, this is how F-15's can look on infrared if they are far away. Don't believe the lies people are telling that planes can't look like this.

Now if someone took a photo like the image below, and said it might be an alien space ship, that would be a lot more convincing than "dots" or "tic-tac-shaped dots".
(Screenshot from a Sci-Fi program on tv).

edit on 2020515 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join