It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. Health official moves mother from nursing home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's a long title so I had to trim..
Here's the whole headline.

"PA Health Secretary Moved Mother Out Of Personal Care Home After Ordering Nursing Homes To Accept COVID Patients"

Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine moved her mother from a nursing home after ordering the homes to accept covid patients.

Im not to familiar with her or the whole situation but it does feel a bit hypocritical to move her own mother out when others don't have that option.

dailycaller.com...

www.abc...##.###/news/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-health-secretary-offers-guidance-governor-insists-on-gradual-reopening/

edit on 15-5-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd move Heaven and Hell to move my mother out of a nursing home right now.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Why even bother taking her out. She would not be in there in the first place if she truly cared about her mother...meh. As soon as the crisis is over mom is going right back in. Seems a rather ridiculous course of action. I imagine those harboring fugitives feel the same. Empathy for them but it's only temporary. Can't stay here sorta thing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'd move Heaven and Hell to move my mother out of a nursing home right now.

Yeah..nursing homes pretty much suck at the best of times.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

My mom was in and out of nursing homes in her last days. She had various surgeries and needed to convalesce outside of the hospital.

If Covid would have been rabid during those days, we would have purchased a bed, hired a nurses assistant and quarantined the whole house for 2 weeks, or whatever it took. The money was there. But, at the time we thought the money was better spent on the convalescent home. I visited her everyday, as it was only a few miles from home. She hated the place, but it was a nice place, as these places go.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Understand. I'm sure many are doing it and this woman is getting a bad rap. Some people can live with if they die of it in there that is life. Others can't live with that the rest of their life knowing they could have saved them.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 15-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Not only did they make the nursing homes accept covid patients, they told them that they could not transfer covid patients to hospitals.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Are you saying she should be subject to the same stupid rules she makes for others?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well kinda...yeah...

I realize it's asking alot...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It’s worse than it sounds

She assured people nursing homes were safe, 100 percent tested, have adequate resources from government etc.

Then she took her mom out of one

And then pushed for policies that made nursing homes death camps

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-5-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ditto.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sounds like she did the right thing. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt too regarding the declaration of the use of homes as shelters. Remember...this is government here. They get their "ideas" and directions from somewhere

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Screw em all. I'm sick of them.

new topics

top topics

join