It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raptor down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
An F-22 on a local training flight crashed outside Eglin. The aircraft wasn't part of the scheduled flyovers happening today. The crash happened near Bay County.

www.wsbtv.com...

www.wsbtv.com...

The aircraft belonged to the 43rd Fighter Squadron and crashed 12 miles northeast of the base.
edit on 5/15/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's no bueno. Glad to see the pilot got out safely. Losing an F-22 is not something I'd want to see in my flight log.

-chuckle

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Do you think they will deduct the cost from his check monthly until that Raptor is paid for?

edit: its' a joke!
edit on 15-5-2020 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ouch. Glad the pilot was ok.
A real shame to lose one of the neatest aircraft in the forces. I saw a raptor demo a few times at airshows and I tell you, it's a real treat to see how these gorgeous jets maneuver so effortlessly.

R.I.P. Raptor.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Not confirmed, but I believe this was a non combat coded airframe. It's a former Tyndall aircraft operating from Eglin.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Don't they basically send out one of a handful of clapped-out dud airframes on the demo flights?

This still sucks, glad to hear nobody was hurt at least.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Depends on a lot of factors. The Viper demo team borrows jets all the time when they're outside CONUS. They're all active aircraft from combat squadrons in that case.

top topics

join