It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI Gov whitner calls protesters racist and misogynistic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In the vice presidential debate, Mike Pence would mop the floor with Gretchen.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Oof... How long have they been married? I'm glad my wife chuckled this crap off as much as I did. Only thing we changed is that we didn't take our 3 year old to the grocery store for a couple of months. Now we wipe the handle off with a Lysol wipe so he can hold it. That 2 months off from the grocery trips made him forget his manners though... The other day I was in there with him picking up some things for Mother's Day and he leaned over to look past me and blurted real loud, "DAD! That girl has a BIIIIIIIG BUTT!"

SMH

I'm gonna have to domesticate the little turd again.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I think it also has more than a little to do with symbolizing rebellion against authority too.

It's a rebellious symbol as much as anything else. Look at how it was used in Dukes of Hazzard for example. They were rebelling against the authorities.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Our ancestral history ties together in that we both had ancestors who fought in the Civil War. I also have ancestors who fought in the American Revolution.

Our shared ancestral history continues then... I too have forefathers that fought in the Revolution. The one we use for our DAR apps was once called George Washington's "hero" -- but I don't know how true that is! He gave up English titles for the Revolution. I can also (only half) jokingly say that Sam Adams is my Uncle Sam.

Can we take this back even further? Many of mine came with the Puritan Migration... can't claim any on the Mayflower though!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can already tell you how that would go...

Pence would give a long, thought out answer full of common sense and she'd say it's misogynist, or racist, or homophobic and that would be her full response. The left would parrot it and talk about how correct she was and the media would run 24 hours about Pence being all of the above.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: neo96
Do it Michigan!!

Get rid of that (insert word of choice here).

She takes the "O" out of COUNT...

Automatic aussie citizenship right there.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Great thinking, I haven't thought about it that way.

link   
It looks like Michigan governor Whitmer is guilty of the same atrocities committed by Governor Cuomo of New York!

twitter.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

They have been married 20 some years and both recently retired. She would rather watch TV and he wants to be outdoors

I miss the kids but wouldn't want so do it again. Too scary. A friend had his first at 52 and died at 58 not fair to anybody.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

VERY INTERESTING! This is the kind of talk I could go for days about. My ancestry, for America, has traced back to the early 1700's or late 1600's. Not as far as yours.

If you're ever passing through Altamont, TN, that's where most of my family finally settled.

"Altamont was established in 1848 as a county seat for Grundy County, which had been created in 1844. Adrian Northcut, a prominent local farmer and military officer, was the prime advocate for the site's selection."

Link

Adrian was my 5th great grandfather and I want to say he was either a 4th or 5th generation Northcut. They came from Britain.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: neo96
Do it Michigan!!

Get rid of that (insert word of choice here).

She takes the "O" out of COUNT...

Automatic aussie citizenship right there.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Ouch. Yeah that hurts... I have 4 boys from my first marriage (married before I was ready) and they range from 13 to 18. I had another son with my 2nd and last wife when I was 37. But she was 24 and didn't have any so it was only right. No more though.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think a large part of why Whitmer, who is on the Biden Election roundtable, and other Democrat governors are so adamant about keeping everyone locked down is because it will make it harder to schedule Presidential debates. The longer they can keep Biden doing no more than soundbites and away from a debate with Trump the longer they can convince their base that he isn't old and tired and not cut out for this.

No Presidential Debate and no VP debate either.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Not to mention rallies where Trump draws 25,000 people and packs a stadium and Biden barely fills up a high school gymnasium. The optics would be devastating to Sleepy Joe, plus, I don't think he could stand there for more than 15 or 20 minutes, much less an hour and a half.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

She would reply with some bogus story about how Pence doesn't understand what it is like to be a single mom, working and taking care of her sick mother who couldn't get insurance (nevermind dad was an executive at Blue Cross Blue Shield) and that she just wants to "Fix the damn country." And everyone would clap because she's a woman and the struggle is real.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

VERY INTERESTING! This is the kind of talk I could go for days about. My ancestry, for America, has traced back to the early 1700's or late 1600's. Not as far as yours.

You would have enjoyed talking to my dad! He was like a walking talking encyclopedia combining our family history with U.S. history. He gave us such pride in our ancestry, but made it clear that their glories were NOT our glories!!! (We were just accidents of birth!) I had a really awesome U.S. History/Constitution teacher in high school that was the same way. I loved how they could both bring history to life... so much more than dates and places and names.

If you're ever passing through Altamont, TN, that's where most of my family finally settled.... Adrian was my 5th great grandfather and I want to say he was either a 4th or 5th generation Northcut. They came from Britain.

That looks like a cool little town. I'm going to say it's a good thing the Civil War slowed its growth or Heaven only knows what it might have become. I'd love to live someplace like that -- especially as a fourth or fifth generation. They did good!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

No Presidential Debate and no VP debate either.

With today's technology, they could easily do a cyber debate....

Heck with so many people using that very technology to keep in touch with family and friends during the shutdowns, I would expect that would be recommended at the very least. Gotta continue that social distancing donchaknow!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Off topic question:
What did you put down on the Census under your "ethnic origin"?

My family has all been here since before the Revolutionary War and I identify as American. I have never hyphenated my origins because where would I start?

So I just put down Colonial American.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Off topic question:
What did you put down on the Census under your "ethnic origin"?

My family has all been here since before the Revolutionary War and I identify as American. I have never hyphenated my origins because where would I start?

So I just put down Colonial American.

I just said "American" -- if I remember correctly. I know I answered "American" to one of the questions. I think that was the one my husband wanted me to write "Eden."

For race, I wrote in "human." I definitely remember that one!

I've always refused to play that game. Sounds like you do too...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Ha! Good for you. Yeah, I don't play that game.

I thought about Fertile Crescent and then said, nah, I'm American, for what it's worth!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join