It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delivery Driver Woes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Take a look at this video. I can't embed it... ?

www.facebook.com...

I am appalled at how this driver was treated. I can relate to his pain b/c I too was treated this way while doing a delivery driving job. I've got numerous stories of the horrors put upon me while I was driving and delivering product to folks homes. What I am seeing here is total abuse of power and control from this HOA man onto a delivery driver. How do you think the residents living in this community feel about getting their deliveries ? With an attitude of representation like that for the neighborhood I think they might as well forgo the convenience of deliveries in their neighborhood, that or assign someone else to be their HOA rep.

I was treated in a very confrontational manner by many people while I was out on the road and most of it was before the pandemic hit. It was absolute insanity on how people were acting toward me and treating me on the road. It created a very hostile work environment for me and every day it put me on edge of worry and wonder to what might happen next, I had to watch my back daily. I thought gosh... this is not at all how I thought this job would be, why or how could it be so negative I kept thinking. It was just one more thing that made me stop and think about the crazy way people act toward one another in our world. In my case I was antagonized, not once, not twice, but repetitively over and over again by complete strangers similar to what this man is going through. It is horrible, It is unforgivable. Why I kept wondering when I was going through it. For the pay I was making (not enough to live) I knew I definitely can not continue this job, I was very afraid for my safety as well as my mental well being putting up with the hostility every day for such meager low wages just wasn't worth it.

In this video I hear this driver man turn over and resign into a thought process of thinking he did something wrong and being sorry for his response toward the absurdity of what the HOA man was doing to him. Big fat F and NO. I don't see how he did anything wrong or deserving of that type of response of the HOA man. To me... if that neighborhood was having any type of issue then the checkpoint should of taken place before the truck was able to get on the property which would prevent any type of confrontation or confusion from occurring to begin with.

I got road blocked onto a neighborhood road one day that was not a gated community. Imagine trying to deal with this on the road in an area your not familiar with. I was on someone else's turf/neighborhood but a public road... making a simple delivery when someone arrogantly got mad my van was driving down their road and they did a full road block (I do not know what set them off or made them do this to me but they did) so when I turned around to come out I couldn't get out, there they were blocking the road and I could not pass. This did not only happen one time to me, it happened several times. Can you imagine the horrors I felt when that occurred ? The panic that sets in when someone does this to ya ? So in relation to this delivery driver he was doing the same exact thing, minding his own business doing his job and he had to deal with this HOA mans confrontation. An unnecessary unwanted confrontation he was being forced to deal with against his will.

Is this what our world has turned into ? Are folks this hell bent on being in control that they are always going to find a way to abuse their power to control someone in an abusive manner & why ?

leolady

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Yup saw that, he was 100% correct in his handling of the situation, the only thing I would have done different is call the police and file a police report because not letting someone leave is a form of kidnapping.

That said their are a lot of self important pricks in the city of Edmond and unfortunately this isn't a surprise to me.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Driver told his boss his truck hit a branch on road and snapped it. He also said he used profanity on the HOA rep and gave him the middle finger. The HOA rep was not cursing from the video. All he did was ask where he was going. The driver refused to respond. Whole thing could have likely been averted but both are at fault like many of these situations.

1. Lock the gate. Don't want people in there then don't leave it open.
2. Know where you're going.
3. Don't curse at people and flip them off. Nothing good is going to happen.

Honest mistake. Show some respect for people who pay hefty HOA dues and take pride in their neighborhood. Getting unhinged and cursing at them is going to result in an impasse.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Wow. I want to say "I can't believe people would do that to you," but unfortunately I do believe you, and it's a damn shame. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that crap.

When I first saw this video, I immediately blamed it on the rise of the CoVid mini-tyrants... but apparently not. I guess CoVid has just emboldened the mini-tyrants who are already everywhere.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Hmmm I wonder if it happened in that order. The guy says he got roadblocked first and the cops called on him and then he responded with the F and cussing. We will probably never know the absolute truth. But the roadblock happened first is what I walked away with and I personally related to...and that was an act of aggression toward the driver and put him in a state of oppression and fear and he reacted accordingly.

When I was driving and got roadblocked, I didn't do anything. The road block just happened and I was super freaked out. Imagine where my mind went during that roadblock? Is there people behind me too, are they going to ambush my vehicle and take me ! ? As I am rapidly looking at all access points to be sure I am protecting myself against this extreme odd behavior on the part of the person in the vehicle doing the roadblock. There is no reason, no explanation for it. None. I am now panicked and on edge. No telling how I am going to react to the situation at this point. I do manage to safely escape this extreme aggressive behavior from a complete stranger but I don't know why it happened, it was super bad and super odd. It wasn't the only very aggressive and odd and negative thing that happened to me as I went about my day doing my job and doing a good one at that. But i kept encountering it over and over again. So when is my full blow reaction finally going to hit... which occurrence or time will I finally of had enough ?

leolady

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
In this video I hear this driver man turn over and resign into a thought process of thinking he did something wrong and being sorry for his response toward the absurdity of what the HOA man was doing to him. Big fat F and NO.

Agreed...

In fact, I'd have handled the ending a little differently. I'd have followed the man back to his home, and blocked his car in his own driveway, then called the police and informed them I'm the guy that buttwipe called them about then canceled the call, and I want to file criminal charges against him for false imprisonment (or whatever would apply)...

Probably wouldn't go anywhere, but that wouldn't stop me from having some fun...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I suppose that is what I should of done (called the police) each time it happened to me... it scared me badly.

leolady

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

when is my full blow reaction finally going to hit... which occurrence or time will I finally of had enough ?

leolady

Instead of watching video's to promote your fear you should instead be examining why napoleon (had to laugh at that) was reacting the way he was. His percieved safety zone was penetrated so he was operating from the fear of an intruder penetrating his safety. If the driver had simply said, john doe let me in to deliver a parcel, it would have deescalate the entire situation. Instead the driver mounted his horse with sword in hand to try to win a battle of egos.

Negative energy will attract greater negative energy. So try understand the fear people suffer and unarm their fears with greater positive energy.

Don't let their negative energy fester inside you.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It is sad Miller and his co-worker didn't realize they had a legitimate reason to call the police against these men. Or maybe they were just too scared of how the police would react to two black men in a gated community?

I'm also a bit confused why the Police thought they couldn't investigate the false imprisonment without a formal complaint by Miller. They had the back story. Do they need a formal complaint when they find a murdered body?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Uuuh, it is not me that has to change my behavior in the situations where someone blocked me for no reason. What I just read you saying...is similar to saying a rape victim needs to change their mind thought process to prevent from being raped.

In what happened to me same thing. I don't have to change how I think or react for it to be a positive event that happened. The aggressive act should of not happened. Wheh...

The reaction and how one chooses to mend from such a negative trauma situation is not the problem. The root of the problem was what the perp did to begin with and it is what needs to be addressed. I didn't address it in a sense of calling the cops but I surely should have. I likely was not thinking very clearly for many many combined reasons none of which you know or will ever know. Now if you actually knew me then you might know the reasons and backstory but ya don't so... I am quite shocked at your response and guess what, it feels very negative toward me even though its simply your opinion. Are you going to twist that too ? Gosh.

leolady

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

It is sad Miller and his co-worker didn't realize they had a legitimate reason to call the police against these men.

Yeah I agree. & when I relate to this story of what happened I didn't think to call the cops when it kept happening to me either. To me it was just another day where people bizarrely were going around being very nasty toward me while I was trying to get my job done. For me, the roadblocks weren't the only thing happening that were hostile, there were other things too and they were repetitive. I never thought to call the cops . I did however start to video tape when things began happening and I believe this was one way I decided to try and handle it on my own. Evidence at what was going on.

The way I saw him handle it in the video was reaching out to his employer, so in his mind perhaps the cops weren't where he decided he needed to escalate it. That or he was following his chain of command type of scenario and since he was on the job wanted input on how his boss wanted to handle it. Kind of like he was in a mode of protecting his job is how I saw it.

leolady

new topics

top topics

join