It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Sent COVID-19 Positive Patients Into Nursing Homes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This article bothers me on many levels . How could anyone think sending COVID-19 infected people to nursing homes would have any other outcome other than decimating/killing long term care residents ? If you look at the numbers who have died some idiot must have had it in for old people for I find it hard to believe anyone could be so stupid..

The result: One-third of reported coronavirus deaths in the United States, according to New York Times reporting, are of nursing home residents or workers. Nursing homes accounted for a majority of deaths in heavily hit states like New Jersey (52%), Massachusetts (59%), Pennsylvania (66%) and Connecticut (55%), and for 80% of the deaths in otherwise lightly hit Minnesota.

That percentage is much lower (20%) in America's COVID-19 epicenter, New York, but it still leads the nation with 5,403 nursing home deaths -- about one of every 14 COVID-19 death in the country.

Why so many? On March 25, the state health commissioner ordered that nursing homes to accept patients with the virus. It's unclear why he made this fatal decision. Maybe he wanted to keep hospital beds available, or maybe he feared that sick people would be dumped onto the street.
CARTOONS | Chip Bok
View Cartoon

When asked about this policy in late April, Governor Andrew Cuomo professed ignorance. Two weeks later, on May 9, after 46 days in effect, he reversed it.

New York wasn't the only state that insisted on placing infected patients in nursing homes. New Jersey's policy was similar, explicitly barring homes from requiring testing before admitting patients. California had the same policy but dropped it after 10 days.

townhall.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Look at the color of the states with the exception of one or two .

I completely believe it was the Democrats using Lord Amherst's tactic of giving the Indians blankets with smallpox .

They wanted to drive the death count up .

They had it planned and knew damn well what they were doing .

We don’t mean anything to them .

edit on 15-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Those people are sick.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not one of them has a conscience .

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Look at the color of the states with the exception of one or two .

I completely believe it was the Democrats using Lord Amherst's tactic of giving the Indians blankets with smallpox .

They wanted to drive the death count up .

They had it planned and knew damn well what they were doing .

We don’t mean anything to them .

Your reply are my thoughts too....and it has not stopped as now they are shifting to lock everyone down and destroy all the small businesses. Subversive Imbeciles saying we can not open until a vaccine is available... Give me a friggen break !

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The bean counters did it.

Guaranteed.

If these people were all dragged out of their homes and shot in the stomach ... I wouldn't shed a tear for 'em.

You give people an expectation that they can 'pay into the system' and then live out the rest of their days ... frikken live up to it!!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

If I could give the Democrats a motto for their intentions during this crisis .

It would be

You can’t “rebuild” something until you tear the old crap down “
edit on 15-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If these people were all dragged out of their homes and shot in the stomach ... I wouldn't shed a tear for 'em.

Make it a small caliber bullet through the intestines with no follow up medical intervention and I'll agree.

edit on b000000312020-05-15T07:00:54-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 15 May 2020 07:00:54 -0500700000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How many of those patients are using public employee pensions? Which states have massive public employee pension problems?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Make it a small caliber bullet through the intestines with no follow up medical intervention and I'll agree.

What we really need is to bring back Gladiator Schools and The Arena.

No more death penalty, no more extended jail time ... just go to The Arena. Ya know, people would behave better knowing there could be 'grave' consequences.

The Arena ... and ... The Duel.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
And they knew!
www.foxnews.com...

Pennsylvania health official draws fire after her mother leaves care facility as coronavirus patients return

originally posted by: 727Sky
This article bothers me on many levels . How could anyone think sending COVID-19 infected people to nursing homes would have any other outcome other than decimating/killing long term care residents ? If you look at the numbers who have died some idiot must have had it in for old people for I find it hard to believe anyone could be so stupid..

The result: One-third of reported coronavirus deaths in the United States, according to New York Times reporting, are of nursing home residents or workers. Nursing homes accounted for a majority of deaths in heavily hit states like New Jersey (52%), Massachusetts (59%), Pennsylvania (66%) and Connecticut (55%), and for 80% of the deaths in otherwise lightly hit Minnesota.

That percentage is much lower (20%) in America's COVID-19 epicenter, New York, but it still leads the nation with 5,403 nursing home deaths -- about one of every 14 COVID-19 death in the country.

Why so many? On March 25, the state health commissioner ordered that nursing homes to accept patients with the virus. It's unclear why he made this fatal decision. Maybe he wanted to keep hospital beds available, or maybe he feared that sick people would be dumped onto the street.
CARTOONS | Chip Bok
View Cartoon

When asked about this policy in late April, Governor Andrew Cuomo professed ignorance. Two weeks later, on May 9, after 46 days in effect, he reversed it.

New York wasn't the only state that insisted on placing infected patients in nursing homes. New Jersey's policy was similar, explicitly barring homes from requiring testing before admitting patients. California had the same policy but dropped it after 10 days.

townhall.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The PA Secretary of Health’s conscience only extended as far as to remove his own 95 year old mother from the death camps just before enacting the policy forcing covid19-positive patients into the sealed environments to infect the most vulnerable citizens.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So dems are responsible for this but Trump, the commander in chief, gets a free pass on every matter related to CoVid and can't be blamed for anything?!

Who's to blame for 90 k deaths in USA?

If people behind the movie Idiocracy need material for a sequel they can get plenty of inspiration on ATS.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek
State's rights. Look it up. The Governors of those States are responsible. Take a Civics class instead of Social Justice, wait, my bad they don't teach Civics anymore. By the way, you need to get that TDS checked out. It could raise your blood pressure and we know what that can lead to.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Boy, it is dumb that nursing homes were forced to take covid patients. They did the same thing here in Michigan, but just recently they start talking about seperate covid nursing homes for those with covid.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site, the care homes are infected with covid19 everywhere - totally an inside job. Government are tired of paying to retired seniors.
edit on 15-5-2020 by whiteblack because: Text corrected

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
some idiot must have had it in for old people for I find it hard to believe anyone could be so stupid..

They're not that stupid. Take the case of the health official that pulled out their own mother while still insisting positive patients be sent into homes. They don't care if people die. They didn't care before COVID-19, and they certainly don't now. I agree that they probably wanted people to die for possibly several different reasons.

I definitely think it would be better to just go ahead die than ever enter a nursing home.
edit on 15-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

PA Health Secretary.

Rachel Levine.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Who's to blame for 90 k deaths in USA?

I'll answer this one.......... A virus.....

Was Trump to blame for 60k deaths in 2018/2019 who died to the common flu?

NOW when we look at NYC we can say based on the Mayor's/Governor's actions and inaction they became the largest hot spot in the WORLD with around 50% of their deaths happening in Care facilities. Now the fact that they forced Care facilities by law to take in older patents who had the virus can anyone not say this has played into the HUGE numbers of deaths that have come out of that state?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

PA Health Secretary.

Rachel Levine.

God! I hope she started out as a man..... I would not wish that sexiness on any woman...

edit on 15-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join