It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says US could sever all ties with China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Yeah, can you imagine how it would change N America if we worked more with Mexico and they had the power to deal with cartels THEMSELVES in their own way?? That would be amazing really. It would kill several birds with one lucrative stone

Heck YES YES YES YES!
We need to embrace our neighbors South and North. Just imagine if we all worked together, that would be a force to be reckoned with.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I have a lot of respect for the Mexicans (the ones that aren't breaking immigration law, anyway)... and I really wish I was able to visit without worrying about being caught up in a gunfight between rival cartels. Rich, rich culture and an absolutely beautiful country. Did you know there are still vestiges of Mayan culture around the Yucatan? I have a cousin who is half-Mexican and half-Mayan! He retired from NASA a while back as a lead engineer... awesome intelligent fellow. I could sit and talk to him for hours. He knows his Mayan heritage inside and out.

China, as I mentioned earlier, has a multi-generational approach to goals. They have been purposefully and steadily weaving tendrils into our economy for at least the last 50 years. It'll indeed take time to separate them all out.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Makes you wonder how far China’s reach really is? Especially when Senator Feinstein had a Chinese “spy” working for her for twenty years.

“Spy” or was it handler......
edit on 15-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added fixed

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Or.....

Joe Biden took his son Hunter on official trip to China – ten days before communist regime's bank signed deal with private equity firm Biden jnr runs with John Kerry's son, book reveals
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Im a dudette... and calm the hell down.

Maybe I dont consider many of our operations hostile. Maybe I consider some actions and operations hostile and some not. Still doesnt negate the idea that we can decentralize our dependencies on foreign countries and make them with less hostile and more reliable countries.

Of course you will not view your countries hostilities as bad. How else do you think governments get away with the horrible things they do. As I said before, it's called conditioned patrioism.

Basically means you ignore, or sweep under the carpet your own government horrors. But it's not just your government. Many government use the same patrioism conditioning.

Means you will always point your fingers her at other countries, but never your own.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Go ahead show me where I said that Ill wait...

You love to complain that people put words in your mouth when that's pretty much all you do when you reply to anyone.

You posted how bad China's government has been, so I posted how bad your government has been. Ok, so if you agree with me, then no one should do business with America until they stop funding the war in Yemen right?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Says the guy who has been making ignorant statements the whole thread...

Oh please enlighten me! Have I been making out that I know how every American acts, and know all their personalities? Have I been clumping all Americans together?

Of course they are individuals. But they are also a part of a culture. I don't consider any culture "better" or "worse" than any other, but I do understand there are differences.

America has a culture, UK, Japan, Australia etc I could go on and on. But you are labelling the chinese the same, and that is wrong!

America has a gun culture. Does that mean all Americans love guns and likes to shoot things? Of course not, and you know that yourself, so why should it be any different in China?

All I did was point out the cultural differences. Sorry if that bursts your fantasy bubble

Have you been to China? Has every chinese person you have know stabbed you in the back?

not everyone on the planet thinks like you.

Did I say everyone thinks like me?

As a matter of fact, only a small fraction of people on the planet think like you. Fortunately.
otherwise we would have killed off each other and gone extinct long ago.

And where is your logic from this statement? Please explain how me being against governments and wars, racism, violence etc means that people like me would have killed this planet a long time ago.

Please explain?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I have a lot of respect for the Mexicans (the ones that aren't breaking immigration law, anyway)... and I really wish I was able to visit without worrying about being caught up in a gunfight between rival cartels. Rich, rich culture and an absolutely beautiful country. Did you know there are still vestiges of Mayan culture around the Yucatan? I have a cousin who is half-Mexican and half-Mayan! He retired from NASA a while back as a lead engineer... awesome intelligent fellow. I could sit and talk to him for hours. He knows his Mayan heritage inside and out.

China, as I mentioned earlier, has a multi-generational approach to goals. They have been purposefully and steadily weaving tendrils into our economy for at least the last 50 years. It'll indeed take time to separate them all out.

TheRedneck

Ive been all over the place.. and we lived in Mexico for a bit, but this was long long before cartels were as bold as they are. Regardless of the weird stereotype, Mexicans work HARD. We lived in Laredo for a bit and would employ day laborers from Mexico ( Nuevo Laredo) setting up construction sites and those guys worked their guts out.

The generational thing is the same in other countries.. mainly those who view their population as chattel.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Maybe I dont consider many of our operations hostile. Maybe I consider some actions and operations hostile and some not. Still doesnt negate the idea that we can decentralize our dependencies on foreign countries and make them with less hostile and more reliable countries.

Of course you will not view your countries hostilities as bad. How else do you think governments get away with the horrible things they do. As I said before, it's called conditioned patrioism.

Basically means you ignore, or sweep under the carpet your own government horrors. But it's not just your government. Many government use the same patrioism conditioning.

Means you will always point your fingers her at other countries, but never your own.

You just hate Americans.. since you think we cant think any further than you apparently have difficulty with. Carry on.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Jay-morris

You just hate Americans.. since you think we cant think any further than you apparently have difficulty with. Carry on.

The more you people post, the more you look stupid. When did I say I hated Americans? Please post where I said that. You think Americans and their government is the same thing?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Ive been all over the place.. and we lived in Mexico for a bit, but this was long long before cartels were as bold as they are. Regardless of the weird stereotype, Mexicans work HARD. We lived in Laredo for a bit and would employ day laborers from Mexico ( Nuevo Laredo) setting up construction sites and those guys worked their guts out.

The generational thing is the same in other countries.. mainly those who view their population as chattel.

I agree with you on that! Before I moved to Kentucky 6 years ago I lived in Texas. I hired Mexicans any time I needed major work done. They were always so polite and such hard workers. They always left things cleaner than they found them (even doing indoor re-modeling work) and I never had to worry about anything being stolen. Every job was always finished on time if not sooner. Plus they always minded their own business.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is all about labor cost and labour unions. Perhaps the collapse of the economy makes drone labour attractive to more people, and thus manufacturing can return. Perhaps a big push for automation in manufacturing is needed. Mostly manufacturing goes to place with the cheapest labour and least stringent environmental and human right policies. You choose. I personally consume mostly digital products and services, manufacturing the technology is important, but perhaps more for use than for accessory.

I believe there will be a greater shift toward digital consumption and remote labour, which may bring into question the need for so much production of useless physical stuff.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Chinese culture doesn't see anything wrong with using our corruption. If they can affect our political process, that's not their problem; it's ours. They see their actions as completely reasonable, because we are so easily to sell out and therefore so inferior.

We, of course, see it differently... that's the cultural difference. China is far from alone in that respect, too... many cultures actually see a thief as a proper occupation and worthy of respect if they are good at it (as in, they don't get caught). My culture sees a thief as potential fertilizer.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You may be a southerner but the whole of northern industrial England has been #ed up by China. You may not realise this being a southerner but we have lost the vast majority of our jobs due to underhand Commie tactics. Question................... What THF is to be gained for the average working man in the street in the western world by letting Chin dictate economic policy to us? Answer.....# all..... Nuke the Chinks and question solved.................. Then WE CAN START MAKING THINGS FOR OURSELVES AGAIN.............

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Oh please enlighten me!

Maybe when I get through developing zero-point energy... then I'll feel like taking on a truly impossible task.

America has a culture, UK, Japan, Australia etc I could go on and on. But you are labelling the chinese the same, and that is wrong!

Er, so you're saying every country in the world has a culture specific to them, except China?

Yeah, maybe I'll take back that promise above... some things are just impossible.

America has a gun culture. Does that mean all Americans love guns and likes to shoot things? Of course not, and you know that yourself, so why should it be any different in China?

America has at least 20 different unique cultures. None of them are simplistic enough to be so labeled. Your first mistake is the assumption that there is a singular American culture. We have a few things in common, but really very few. I have driven all across this nation, and I feel like I am visiting a different country when in New York or California.

Have you been to China?

Nope. Never been to the moon either, but I'm pretty sure it isn't made of green cheese.

Has every chinese person you have know stabbed you in the back?

Nope. But I have seen them do so to others. I tend to keep myself independent so they don't get the chance.

Did I say everyone thinks like me?

Nope. But you insinuated they should.

And where is your logic from this statement?

Sorry, I don't normally go around explaining quantum mechanics to grasshoppers, so I certainly wouldn't try to explain logic to you.

You'll maybe figure it out some day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Very simple question for this;

What happens when the alternate trade partners are also hostile?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That's why you are a nobody and he is President. The most basic rule of negotiating is start high.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Oh, believe you me, there's no such thing as a lazy Mexican! Or at least, if there is I have never met one. Some of the hardest-working people I have ever known. Why do you think they find it so easy to skirt the laws here? It isn't just the lower pay... a Mexican worker will work their butts off sunup to sundown and never complain.

Despite my support for closing the border to illegals, I truly believe it is our soft complaining nature of the last few generations that has contributed significantly to the problem.

In a way, the very concept of generational goals requires the concept of the individual being worth less than the whole. Otherwise, the rights of the individual would override the long-term goals of society and derail them. It's just part and parcel of the whole generational ideal.

Our response can be compared quite easily by mentioning Walmart. When Sam Walton was alive and running it, Walmart prospered due to customer service and community involvement. I remember when there were signs up, large signs, asking for small businesses to sell through Walmart, and Walmart would actually structure payments to allow small businesses to gear up for the higher production. I remember when every Walmart parking lot was open to trucks for overnight parking. When Mr. Sam retired, his elder son took over, who Sam had trained in how he wanted the company ran. Everything was fine, until that son died and the business was left to Sam's wife and other children. They lost the long-term goal and removed the community assistance, began imports from China instead, and even allowed some Walmarts to restrict truck parking. Now we have the Walmart of today... the big, evil corporation that drives small business into bankruptcy everywhere they go.

All because there was no long-term goal. The only goal was how much profit could it bring in this quarter?

And notice, to increase profit, companies will usually learn to treat their workers like chattel in the name of pure profit. So while generational thinking is based on treating the individual like chattel, short term thinking leads to the same thing.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

China should pay for this. They can't go on unaccountable.

Also, I think President Trump should take the first step and sever his own business ties. He and his family.

Set an example you know?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You may be a southerner but the whole of northern industrial England has been #ed up by China. 

Well, should that be blamed on the business that you are talking about? They are the ones who decided, not China, so who's fault is it?

You may not realise this being a southerner but we have lost the vast majority of our jobs due to underhand Commie tactics.

No, people lost their jobs because companies want to make me more, so they follow where they can make the most money. How is that China's fault?

What THF is to be gained for the average working man in the street in the western world by letting Chin dictate economic policy to us? Answer.....# all.

Again, why are you not blaming these companies that lost people their jobs?

Nuke the Chinks and question solved.................. Then WE CAN START MAKING THINGS FOR OURSELVES AGAIN.............

Dear oh dear! So your solution is to nuke China, killing millions of innocent men, women and children! All because you do not have the balls to blame the companies that would rather do business with China so they make more money!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join