It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says US could sever all ties with China

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

originally posted by: JAGStorm

a reply to: JAGStorm

A lot of American consumers and workers would like that.

I'd love to think that, but I don't think it's so.

Many people choose cheap over all else.

I agree with you, but they choose what they choose largely because its the only choice. If they could buy something made in their own country, of better quality than Chinese goods, even if it was a little more expensive, I am betting they would buy American.

No they wouldn't, I literally watched this happen with my own eyes.

Walmart at one time was filled to the brim with Made in America cheap stuff. I guess it just wasn't cheap enough for consumers or for the businesses bottom line. One by one, everything went to China and people didn't even blink. US consumers didn't even blink.
I supported a made in America company, and the #1 complaint from people was that the product was too expensive. It too went to Chinese production, and then went out of business.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Finally we have someone with a workable solution

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders When Obama was President my healthcare Pharmacy plan with my husbands company was bad. I need a drug they would not cover. It was $320/ 3 month supply at Targets. I ordered it from Big Mountain drugs on line in Canada for $90/ 3 months supply. Have your doctor fax your prescription there. Lots of drugs are made by Ely Lilly in Indiana and others.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's not the President's job to 'sever all ties' with any country. He or she does not have that power and should not have that power.
The absolute control of private enterprise is a key tenet of facism. In fact that is the key difference between facism and communism, control private enterprise instead having everything under state ownership.
The President can work with Congress on sanctions/law and regulate using tariffs - but not dictate to private enterprise.

If Trump means sever all diplomatic ties and impose tarrifs - fine - but severing all ties? Total BS.
edit on 18/5/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's not the President's job to 'sever all ties' with any country. He or she does not have that power and should not have that power.
The absolute control of private enterprise is a key tenet of facism. In fact that is the key difference between facism and communism, control private enterprise instead having everything under state ownership.
The President can work with Congress on sanctions/law and regulate using tariffs - but not dictate to private enterprise.

If Trump means sever all diplomatic ties and impose tarrifs - fine - but severing all ties? Total BS.

so lets take your logic and apply it to someone else than china.

so your saying we should not (before declaration of war) "cut all ties" with nazi germany, imperial japan, iran or the african dictators?

or outside of a diplomatic mission we were cut off from soviets during the cold war time.

that the president should not have the power in anyway or form to do so?

with respect (since you laid out your thought in adult and reasonable way) do you see how your logic falls when it isnt "trump doing it" or its china?

scrounger

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

War with China would bring about a third world war or at the very least destabilize the whole area.

It would not be good for America, China, or anyone else for that matter, especially in times like this.

Aside from Donald Trump of course because what American president in a time of war has not gotten another term in office?

None, as far as im aware.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
or outside of a diplomatic mission we were cut off from soviets during the cold war time.

No we weren't, in the 40's, 50's and 60's there was a fair amount of trade, it was only in the mid-70's on where it began to drop off.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

so your saying we should not (before declaration of war) "cut all ties" with nazi germany, imperial japan, iran or the african dictators?

with respect (since you laid out your thought in adult and reasonable way) do you see how your logic falls when it isnt "trump doing it" or its china?

scrounger

Whether the US SHOULD sever all ties with China is not the question.
The bottom line is that any Presdient of the USA does not have the authority to sever all ties with ANY country.
Any attempt to do so would be facism, as it would require the full usurpation of decision making within a private enterprise.

edit on 19/5/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

When he says he's going to sever ties is he talking about the hideous ones he has made there?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

A lot of American consumers and workers would like that.

I'd love to think that, but I don't think it's so.

Many people choose cheap over all else.

I agree with you, but they choose what they choose largely because its the only choice. If they could buy something made in their own country, of better quality than Chinese goods, even if it was a little more expensive, I am betting they would buy American.

No they wouldn't, I literally watched this happen with my own eyes.

Walmart at one time was filled to the brim with Made in America cheap stuff. I guess it just wasn't cheap enough for consumers or for the businesses bottom line. One by one, everything went to China and people didn't even blink. US consumers didn't even blink.
I supported a made in America company, and the #1 complaint from people was that the product was too expensive. It too went to Chinese production, and then went out of business.

I really believe things have changed. People are tired of low quality "cheap" Chinese goods that break after a couple months. They are also ready to support their own country.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

scrounger

Whether the US SHOULD sever all ties with China is not the question.
The bottom line is that any Presdient of the USA does not have the authority to sever all ties with ANY country.
Any attempt to do so would be facism, as it would require the full usurpation of decision making within a private enterprise.

first they ALREADY have the power to sever ties.
they have used them with the above examples I have given.
it isnt "fascism" as you claim unless your saying we were "fascist" when we severed ties with iran, nazi germany, imperial japan, china, ect...

so you cant seem to grasp the President DOES have the authority, has used it, and more important the hypocrisy of your claim.

because unless your calling (for one example) president Roosevelt "a fascist" when he severed ties with nazi germany then its because trump is doing it .

hence definition of hypocrite

scrounger

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When he says he's going to sever ties is he talking about the hideous ones he has made there?

funny dont seem to see you chastising others who have done so that are not named trump.

that falls from businessman to other presidents who didnt have an R by their name.

scrounger

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

funny dont seem to see you chastising others who have done so that are not named trump.

That's because you aren't looking, sweetheart.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Nazi Germany went to war with the greater part of Europe, whats China did aside from handle the situation regarding COVID in a piss poor manner?

Your comparison between China and the likes of Nazi Germany is kind of apples and oranges with regards to the current situation.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You sure defend China an awful lot. Ask Uyghurs and other religious people in China how true that comparison is. Or Tibet. What ever happened to Tibet anyway?

Same thing they want to do to Taiwan and Hong Kong.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

You sure defend China an awful lot. Ask Uyghurs and other religious people in China how true that comparison is. Or Tibet. What ever happened to Tibet anyway?

Come on! It works both ways. Ask Iraq people how they feel about thousands of men, women, children who have died since the Iraq invasion, and gave raise yo isis. Ask the people of Libya how they feel about America involvement of turning Libya into a hell hole, again, with thousands of people dying.

Ask the people in Yemen who are being murdered and raped, how they feel about America's involvement on what's going on there!

China have done terrible things, but here is a news Flash, so has your government. Because your government have not done these terrible things to their own people, and mainly external, does that make it any better?

Most people are conditioned to point the finger at other countries, while sweeping under the carpet the horrors your givernment has done.

How do you think these sociopaths get away with what they do?

Conditioned patrioism is a horrible thing!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Our own History is not exactly squeaky clean JBurns, not by a long shot.

China won't touch Taiwan else risk WW3 as to Hong Kong, its there's now, we only rented it, as unfortunate as the case may be, they get to govern it as they see fit, same as we get to govern our own nations, well at least "they" get to govern our nations.
edit on 20-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Oh, and as much as you desperatly want it to happen, China will not invade Taiwan and Hong Kong. Why? I have stated this already. It would be suicide for China.

Try and use some logic about this.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Quite possible suicide for everyone, nevermind just China.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Jay-morris

Quite possible suicide for everyone, nevermind just China.

These people want this so bad, it's very worrying, because their logic goes out the door. Invading Taiwan or Hong Kong would most def cause i eorld war 3. If not , every western country would not do business eith China, with means their economy would crumble in a matter if months.

It makes no sense at all, but like I said, these armchair soldiers want it so bad.

Lime I said also, conditioned patrioism is a terrible thing. No matter what country you are from.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join