It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If They Are Wrong About It All?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Here is a list of things that I have been allergic to now for over 25 years: (Under certain conditions some would eventually kill me from exposure) Will you stop using them? Can we ban them all?

Deodorants
Perfumes
Colognes
Detergents
Dyes
Cosmetics
Soaps
Polyester
Latex
Powders
Shampoos
Conditioners
Lotions
Softeners
Bleach
Chlorine
Fragrances (lavender)

This list is not complete because it does not include the products I have avoided the use of, mainly any number of medications prescribed, like prednisone (steroids) or vitamins, all man made. There are some natural flowers I have fits with from the high pollen and I do not know what they are called, but I know when I am near them. I am allergic to pet dander.

Allergies affect everyone differently and for me, many of these affect me in my respiratory system. Most people when they have an infection, depending on where it begins, try to expel it from their body through some method. I get a constant drip from my sinuses, that either goes down my throat into my lungs or out my nose. If it goes into my lungs I end up coughing it out or it continues into my blood and becomes a different issue.

Either way, I have been dealt with my own form of social distancing for many years, but it is unavoidable for me. Everyone uses these products, every day, everywhere and I will and have had to find a way to adapt. It does not mean that I get over it, depending on the severity of my contact, trapped in an elevator, eating at a restaurant, did it come in contact with me (hugs, kisses, handshakes, sex, dancing, etc). Was it sprayed airborne and I inhaled it? Did I touch a door handle or faucet that had residual remnants? Did I ingest it through my food because my server or cook transferred it to my plate or food with touch? Did I walk next to you on the street, or was I forced to be in a public or private setting where you were immersed in something, on your clothes, face, arms, etc.?

In other words, wearing a mask never did anything to prevent me having to deal with these issues, it is one thing to be a medical professional and need to protect patients with open wounds or having procedures done, if someone works in that field then they should be wearing masks.

Many people are allergic to products they use everyday without being aware of it, the immunity system is different for all, wearing a mask does not stop it, it just makes breathing and intake of oxygen more difficult. Constantly breathing in and out the same trapped air from a mask does very little to help.

I bet there are plenty of people that never had this virus and still got exposed while they were wearing a mask, so what is the benefit? Aside from the not breathing right, it makes communicating impossible for normal people, imagine how hard it is for people that do not speak the language or have severe hearing deficiencies, of which, also, happen to be problems I deal with daily, I live in a foreign country and I am almost deaf.

Yet, here I am forced to deal with rules being made by people out of fear and hysteria. Adapting, once again, and it sucks. I am thrilled that the world is finally doing something to be more cautious with hygiene behavior, but these are issues that should have always been important.

We have made a habit out of social distancing as a society to some degree for decades now and we have increased that 10 fold. We live on social media, our phones and the internet. This was the same and now magnified, how are people supposed to become actual friends or have any romance at all? If you are married, at least you have someone to be with, if you have kids you have someone to hug and hold, what happens to all the people that are already alone?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you think your banning my red gimp latex suit you got another thing coming buddy!!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

Here is a list of things that I have been allergic to now for over 25 years: (Under certain conditions some would eventually kill me from exposure) Will you stop using them? Can we ban them all?

Deodorants
Perfumes
Colognes
Detergents
Dyes
Cosmetics
Soaps
Polyester
Latex
Powders
Shampoos
Conditioners
Lotions
Softeners
Bleach
Chlorine
Fragrances (lavender)

This list is not complete because it does not include the products I have avoided the use of, mainly any number of medications prescribed, like prednisone (steroids) or vitamins, all man made. There are some natural flowers I have fits with from the high pollen and I do not know what they are called, but I know when I am near them. I am allergic to pet dander.

Allergies affect everyone differently and for me, many of these affect me in my respiratory system. Most people when they have an infection, depending on where it begins, try to expel it from their body through some method. I get a constant drip from my sinuses, that either goes down my throat into my lungs or out my nose. If it goes into my lungs I end up coughing it out or it continues into my blood and becomes a different issue.

Either way, I have been dealt with my own form of social distancing for many years, but it is unavoidable for me. Everyone uses these products, every day, everywhere and I will and have had to find a way to adapt. It does not mean that I get over it, depending on the severity of my contact, trapped in an elevator, eating at a restaurant, did it come in contact with me (hugs, kisses, handshakes, sex, dancing, etc). Was it sprayed airborne and I inhaled it? Did I touch a door handle or faucet that had residual remnants? Did I ingest it through my food because my server or cook transferred it to my plate or food with touch? Did I walk next to you on the street, or was I forced to be in a public or private setting where you were immersed in something, on your clothes, face, arms, etc.?

In other words, wearing a mask never did anything to prevent me having to deal with these issues, it is one thing to be a medical professional and need to protect patients with open wounds or having procedures done, if someone works in that field then they should be wearing masks.

Many people are allergic to products they use everyday without being aware of it, the immunity system is different for all, wearing a mask does not stop it, it just makes breathing and intake of oxygen more difficult. Constantly breathing in and out the same trapped air from a mask does very little to help.

I bet there are plenty of people that never had this virus and still got exposed while they were wearing a mask, so what is the benefit? Aside from the not breathing right, it makes communicating impossible for normal people, imagine how hard it is for people that do not speak the language or have severe hearing deficiencies, of which, also, happen to be problems I deal with daily, I live in a foreign country and I am almost deaf.

Yet, here I am forced to deal with rules being made by people out of fear and hysteria. Adapting, once again, and it sucks. I am thrilled that the world is finally doing something to be more cautious with hygiene behavior, but these are issues that should have always been important.

We have made a habit out of social distancing as a society to some degree for decades now and we have increased that 10 fold. We live on social media, our phones and the internet. This was the same and now magnified, how are people supposed to become actual friends or have any romance at all? If you are married, at least you have someone to be with, if you have kids you have someone to hug and hold, what happens to all the people that are already alone?

I'm sorry you have difficulty living in society.
Might I suggest a YouTube career, or something else than requires little interaction.
All respect to you and the fact you are still alive with all these allergies.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Funny, but even as much as I am a computer idiot, I was just now updating my YouTube account settings for just that reason, not that it will amount to much, but hey, maybe I'll go viral...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

As long as I am not forced to wear it you are just fine, gimp away! Love the Red!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Funny, but even as much as I am a computer idiot, I was just now updating my YouTube account settings for just that reason, not that it will amount to much, but hey, maybe I'll go viral...

What is funny about it?
I feel for you if you are that hard put out in social situations.

I think you can share your youtube here without repercussion. In certain situations, with this possibly being one.

I'd be happy to give your channel a view and even a like if I enjoyed the content.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoulDoes it seem apparent to you they don't care they are pushing their agenda

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme Here are some videos that I have done, with very little attention to good viewing, in other words, not edited or directed or "lighting" some silly some not.

www.youtube.com...

assuming the link works. Never tried.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: spiritofsoulDoes it seem apparent to you they don't care they are pushing their agenda

You will have to clarify who they is and what the agenda is, mine was only to inform from a different perspective what I view, from my agenda, if I am they.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
People don't wear masks for themselves, they wear them for those around them.

Everyone finds them uncomfortable.

When you see people wearing masks, they are sacrificing their own comfort for the wellbeing of others.

No shortage of selfish tittybabies crying about simply wearing a mask in public, though. All day every day.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Constantly breathing in and out the same trapped air from a mask does very little to help.

My feelings exactly......most of us have systems that adapt to conditions and

each person builds up immunities to deal with living within our own systems.

After all isnt that the reason humans gave up cotton handkerchiefs for disposal

tissues?

I think too that it is possible to be 'too hygenic' our personal systems need to learn

how to deal with various forms of germs?

I dont think thats strictly true, I have never been able to understand this 'new'

fashion of *BIG HUGS* group hugging, hugging strangers on first introductions

etc...etc... For me its keep your hugging/touching to yourself till I have known

you forever!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Oh , noes , you said viral....

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I use most of those things you mention without issue. I can't use spray or white chalky deoderant though as it makes my under arms sore.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

I'm allergic to a lot of stuff as well. I can't take non-drowsy allergy meds because of my heart, can't take other allergy meds because they make me so sleepy it's not safe for me to drive, etc. So I just deal with it and am stuffed up, itchy eyed and sneezy a lot of the time. Oh and then there is the lovely breaking out in hives. Still doesn't stop me from living my life though.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

There are things out there that can help modulate immune responses, as well as many sources that are detrimental. Im convinced it is one of the most overlooked aspects of health today.. perhaps benign, but it sure generates a lot of profit over the years too.

Things that can help are items like curcumin (turmeric), honokiol, quercetin, local honey (take it slow if you go this route), things like vit d, and a variety of antioxidants (like Vit C, Hydrogen-rich water, even NAC).

The problem is that, for the most part, we tend to want a quick fix and a lot of these take time to balance immune response. For me, turmeric tea helps my recent issues dramatically, but also has a 24-48hr lag time.

Sources that are detrimental to immune response (either through stimulation or suppression) are stress, extreme emotions, environmental allergens (duh), pollution, EMF, vaccines, and other things that are nearly ubiquitous in modern society.

Many of these things are viewed with near contempt in their relation to our immune systems, and balancing response too. There isnt a one-size-fits-all solution either, just a general concept that will likely apply a bit differently to each individual. Its a pretty broad topic, and involves everything from "allergies" to increased risk of opportunistic infection.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul
Try salt crystal sticks as deodorant, you may have to use it three times a day but it has no alcohol, perfumes or anything else in it. It might burn a bit on first usage or after a shaving.

I use simple soap and do not shower to hot or long. A lot of the things on you list is not needed if the skins bacteria is well balanced. No cosmetics needed if the skin is healthy. Food has a lot to do with it. It depends on the type of skin too. Maybe I am just lucky.

But I am guilty of dying my hair and tattoos may not have been the best decisions health wise. YOLO, I guess, right?

top topics

join