It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do elected leaders work for us or the other way around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
IWe call them leaders but if they work for us should we call them followers? I think we should. If they work for us the people then we are the leaders and they are the followers. Maybe impractical but it is a bit of a contradiction that we call them leaders but we also say they work for us.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

They are not leaders.
They are representatives that are elected by constituents.

Unfortunately people are to stupid to hold them accountable and just re-elect them.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Leaders? Seldom.

Representatives? Again, seldom.

Obviously, that's not the way it's supposed to work.

But until the apathy is removed from the American voter, or any other group of voters for that matter, it's going to remain just as it is.

They are supposed to answer to us, not us to them.

No one to blame but ourselves.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They are representative of their donors so that's not entirely correct, if the average Joe had more money to donate they could be represented too.

edit on 14-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
we work for them (taxes) they work for themselves (stealing taxes)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Work?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They work for who ever puts the most money in their pockets . They just fool enough of the people with fake promises that are soon forgotten to get elected.

In reality, they work for us, but try getting enough people together to change the true agenda, to screw us over and get rich.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Too true.

That's why all too many of us have no reason to fuss when things don't go as we think they should.

Civic involvement is a thing. It requires more than voting every couple of years.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The representatives are supposed to take our vote, the majority of the constituents, to DC since we can not realistically do it ourselves. As long as they did that everything was fine. But somewhere along the way they stopped caring about what the people wanted and started to decide for us. We should have stepped in right then and there but we didn't. Now, after decades of letting our elected officials run roughshod over us, we can barely get their attention long enough to let them know we are still here waiting to be represented.

Nothing short of an in-your-face demand to be recognised will matter at this point. And if you make that in your face demand you can expect to be promptly deprived of life and liberty without due process.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well , in Theory , they are Supposed to Work for the United States Of America , but in Practice , it is Not Exactly Like that .......(

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The representatives are supposed to take our vote, the majority of the constituents, to DC since we can not realistically do it ourselves. As long as they did that everything was fine. But somewhere along the way they stopped caring about what the people wanted and started to decide for us. We should have stepped in right then and there but we didn't. Now, after decades of letting our elected officials run roughshod over us, we can barely get their attention long enough to let them know we are still here waiting to be represented.

Nothing short of an in-your-face demand to be recognised will matter at this point. And if you make that in your face demand you can expect to be promptly deprived of life and liberty without due process.

Wish I could say that it is about to change, but it will not because people are scared now. I am surprised everyday of the people I meet that are scared and following blindly government advice.

Just waiting for force vax and I am out and gone off into the woods.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Call me a parrot but...

They are not leaders. They are representatives. They represent your will. In a perfect world of course.

Instead? They are sales people. K Street writes the legislation for the highest bidder. Congress sells it. They have no clue what's in it nor do they care as long as it benefits them and theirs.

I find it's the same at the local level with county boards, school boards, city councils, etc. It's all a budget battle and who gets what. Absolutely no sense of duty or honor. Amazing.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They are not leaders.

Unfortunately people are to stupid to hold them accountable and just re-elect them.

All except the president. He represents no one and is not elected by the people.
So I suppose he is a leader. Or the head of the administration. Which would make him Bureaucrat in Chief.

Among other things.

edit on 5/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They are not leaders.

All except the president. He represents no one and is not elected by the people.
So I suppose he is a leader. Or the head of the administration. Which would make him Bureaucrat in Chief.

Among other things.

More like dumbass in chief of dodge ball . We all remember that kid.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

And yet the Democrats are handing him 4 more years on a silver platter.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Maybe they represent us. How much money ya got?

top topics

join