It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their a Pandemic, or is their just a massive Vitamin D deficiency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yup I was sick till about age 6, bronchitis and pneumonia back and forth... then I turned 7 and I had to get real good at faking it cause outside of a summer cold usually just as fall arrives I dont get more than the sniffles.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

When I was a kid I remember the Government gave out Cod liver oil and concentrated orange juice. That's Vitamin D and C which was to improve the general health of the population. Just after the War when their was still some rationing. Perhaps they should do the modern upgraded version as Rickets is showing up again in kids which is a sure sign of low D. We are what we are, and if all the people that have Covid 19 who are hospitalized have low D levels , and not one government agency has moved to rectify it, we have some serious problems.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So how do Innuit's even exist?

I know they historically hunted Beluga whales (high in vit d) to supplement themselves during the winter months but I highly doubt they're running around naked even in the height of summer.

They're not the only culture to historically live in the Arctic circle either. I've got family who've worked night shifts for 10+ years too and they've never shown signs of a compromised immune system, I know one of them do not take supplements at all, doesn't consume food or drink that's high in vitamin D and gets little to no sun throughout most of the year.

I'm not saying vitamin D isn't important though, I'm saying I see no indication that it's that important.
edit on 15-5-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Very interesting (OP)

I saw a headline just yesterday from BBC or some other BS media outlet saying how "Vitamin Supplement pills can actually cause harm" or some #.

Trying to smolder the flames of truth before they turn into an inferno???

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

So how do Innuit's even exist?

They eat a lot of fish organ meats that are very high in Vitamin D.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They have a legal charter to hunt Beluga whales that are saturated in vitamin D. There's other cultures in similar climates that don't have such access. That was mostly my point. Mostly supplemented by synthesized vit d these days.

I don't believe humans need vitamins in the numbers you suggest. Don't believe humans must sunbathe as much as you say to be healthy.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
They have a legal charter to hunt Beluga whales that are saturated in vitamin D. There's other cultures in similar climates that don't have such access. That was mostly my point.

But iot is irrelevant, because Beluga's are not the only, or even primary, source of Vitamin D.

Mostly supplemented by synthesized vit d these days.

Synthetic D is toxic, you don't want that form.

Only supplement with natural D3, usually sourced from lanolin, but now there is a new plant sourced form (no idea how it stacks up to the tried and true though). I'll stick with what is known to work.

I don't believe humans need vitamins in the numbers you suggest.

Your belief is irrelevant.

Don't believe humans must sunbathe as much as you say to be healthy.

Thanks to supplementation, they don't.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Cathelicidin This seems to be how Vitamin D is helping with viruses.

Below is a big study about it with lots of good things to say about vitamin D and virus treatments.

Lots of Interesting things for me learn about. Just wanted to pass it along. 👍

Antiviral therapeutic approaches for human rhinovirus infections

LL-37, or vitamin D-mediated cathelicidin

Studies have shown that deficiency in LL-37 in humans leads to an increased susceptibility to infection [73], and mice deficient in the murine cathelicidin (mCRAMP) also display an increased susceptibility to both bacterial and viral infections of the airway tract, skin, urinary tract and gut [74,75,76]. On the contrary, exogenous delivery of LL-37 in murine models offered enhanced clearance and reduced mortality in lethal influenza infection [77].

Vitamin D is known for its positive effects on bone mineralization and calcium metabolism, and severe deficiency has classically been linked to rickets. Mounting evidence now points to a key immunomodulatory role for vitamin D and to a link between vitamin D deficiency and increased susceptibility to acute viral infections [90]. Furthermore, despite conflicting reports and heterogeneity within studies, a recent systematic review encompassing 10933 participants in 25 randomized controlled trials concluded that vitamin D supplementation reduced the risk of acute respiratory infection, with stronger protective effects in patients with baseline 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Intelligence is expensive from a biological evolutionary standpoint. Perhaps there are diminishing returns?

It certainly seems true from a social evolution standpoint.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join