It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private jet company founded by Trump donor gets $27 million bailout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Michelle Obama spent TWICE this, of taxpayer monies, on her "vacation" trips to Africa!!

Hell, Obama himself spent twice this golfing in Hawaii!!

Didn't take too long to bring the Obama's into this I see.

Oh yes, tax payer money.

Trump’s Golf Trips Could Cost Taxpayers Over $340 Million

That's just for his golf trips alone. It's already been estimated that he's exceeded the cost of vacation and golfing trips etc. than the entire 8 years of the Obamas.

..But hey, different rules apply to the Obamas I take it?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I won't disagree with your post though.

That is true.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'd have to see that fake media math, but for the moment I'll take your word for it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well the wording of the thread title and OP seemed to make it appear..

I just had to read the start of this post to not worry about responding any further.

Thanks.

Am I wrong?

Was OP worded to make this about Trump when there is no evidence he had anything to do with it or not?

Honestly, I provided very light criticism followed by quite a bit of discussion on the thread. Sorry you couldn't handle me pointing out that was glaringly obvious. I made an attempt not to let it prevent me from discussing the issue in depth after briefly touching that point. You couldn't make it past one line. And the left is surprised why they can't get independents.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Located in the Democrat stronghold of California.

Lots of companies are getting bailout money.
Lots of those company owners donate to political campaigns.

What makes this one so special?
Is money going to an American company with American employees supposed to upset me more than the democrats wanting to send stimulus checks to illegal immigrants?

With all the pork in the first bill and the pork in the coming second I have a hard time being upset by money going to an employer that runs a company with high paying jobs.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I knew it was you from the title.

Didn't some kennedy center get a massive bailout?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Am I wrong?

You're not wrong to have your opinion. With regards to the OP, the facts are not disputed. I'm not really concerned about anything else.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Did you expect anything less?

It's not about conversation or debate. It's conjecture and rhetoric.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Am I wrong?

With regards to the OP, the facts are not disputed. I'm not really concerned about anything else.

Lol, I'm sure.

Here's all the political contributions from company and or induvidual that we're discussing.

Maybe the OP is factual, but it's definitely loaded and conveys an intended angle.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

From the source in OP-

“The standard for determining air carrier eligibility was set by Congress on a bipartisan basis and each applicant’s eligibility is verified by the Department of Transportation before any funds are disbursed,” a spokesperson at the Treasury Department said in an email. “Political affiliation has absolutely no bearing on the Payroll Support Program, including applicant eligibility, the amount of assistance provided, or use of funds.”

Now, that doesn't mean there isn't any questionable dealings... But we don't have evidence that there is anything more to this than blanket spending which the bill offers.

To me, the issue is people are more willing to cherry pick aspects that paint their opponents in the light that fits their narrative. The reality is this bipartisan bill was passed in haste which inherently means there will be vast amounts of waste and inefficient spending.

This should be pinned to the top of every page of this thread.
edit on 14 5 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Am I wrong?

You're not wrong to have your opinion. With regards to the OP, the facts are not disputed. I'm not really concerned about anything else.

Do you care about the fact that Trump had nothing to do with setting the criteria that this company met?

We all know this is just an attempt to take a dig at Trump and suggest Trump did something corrupt. That's what you care about.

You failed.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: RazorV66

a reply to: RazorV66

The $27 million to the company in the OP is not really an issue to me because the Dems always jam sh!t in their bills that they want money to go to that is way less deserving than this.

What's this got to do with the dems ?

You do see the title of the thread, which is the headline at the link?
It’s obviously an attempt at a hit on Trump by the Liberal leaning CNBC, when they obviously know the bailout bill was passed with bipartisan approval.
So you tell me what it has to do with the Dems.

So let me ask you again, what's this got to do with the dems ?

Do you understand what bipartisan means ?

Im astounded you are getting screwed over by the government and are still blaming the other side, wake up already.

I see you have a comprehension problem.
For CNBC to make this story about a Trump donor owned company getting some money, when they look the other way when the Dems always try to jam abortion bullsh!t into their bills, is hypocrisy at best.
But it’s always about orange man bad.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm pretty sure somewhere in there we can blame Obama for this right? Ah who cares anyway.... it's only $27 million, a drop in the bucket.

Wait the title seems to blame Trump since this guy got within 6 degrees of him. Isn't that the narrative since day one?

It's just more BS to get the Left hyped up against Trump. It means absolutely nothing. Billionaires know a LOT of people that start companies, donate, etc. and it's just one more smear attempt. It's disgusting but that's all they have.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The $27 million to the company in the OP is not really an issue to me because the Dems always jam sh!t in their bills that they want money to go to that is way less deserving than this.

It’s obviously an attempt at a hit on Trump by the Liberal leaning CNBC, when they obviously know the bailout bill was passed with bipartisan approval.

Im astounded you are getting screwed over by the government and are still blaming the other side, wake up already.

For CNBC to make this story about a Trump donor owned company getting some money, when they look the other way when the Dems always try to jam abortion bullsh!t into their bills, is hypocrisy at best.

He understands, it just doesn't fit the narrative he's trying to push. He knows the media is on this side, and he's more than happy to have their help advancing the agenda.

(post by TXRabbit removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Ah , You Do KNOW that Mr. Trump does Not use the Powers of the Presidency to Favor ANY of His Friends , Right > ? ............Hmm..........

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Maybe to you it's all about orange man bad, to me it's a corrupt goverment, they're all corrupt every last one of them.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He understands, it just doesn't fit the narrative he's trying to push. He knows the media is on this side, and he's more than happy to have their help advancing the agenda.

It's you that doesn't understand, my agenda is to point out that all sides of goverment are corrupt.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" my agenda is to point out that all sides of goverment are corrupt. "

EXCEPT the Present President , Right > ?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Both past and present, also congress and all other entities on the public purse, they're all thieving pricks who laugh in the face of partisan warriors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join