It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private jet company founded by Trump donor gets $27 million bailout

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess everybody needs a helping hand in these times;

A private jet company founded by a donor to President Donald Trump received nearly $27 million in government funding under a program run by the Treasury Department, according to government filings.

Clay Lacy Aviation, a private jet charter company based in Van Nuys, California, that serves wealthy executives and celebrities, received the government grant as part of the CARES Act, a $2 trillion federal stimulus package aimed at supporting jobs during the coronavirus crisis.

I mean, I thought government bail-outs were a no no under the free market? Of course, this Trump donor wasn't the only one who received a bailout;

The company appears to have received the largest grant of any private jet company on the list. The vast majority of the other 96 recipients of government funding or loans on the list are major commercial airlines, regional carriers or support companies. Other large private jet operators such as NetJets are not on the list.

The funding is a grant rather than a loan, and doesn’t need to be repaid to the government.

Source

Must be an essential service? God, not even the automakers got it that good. Didn't they have to pay theirs back? Mind you, what's millions compared to billions? Still, after trillions in tax cuts, there's still this need to bail out and rescue large companies that falter under changing conditions. Surprised nobody has said anything about this?

Private jet companies lobbied Congress and the White House to be included in the billions of dollars that went to the commercial airlines and aviation companies, arguing that they support more than 1 million jobs and offer a lifeline to smaller communities without a major airport.

You tax payer money at work here folks.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yeah , but people need private jets ... right ?

I think It shows Dons nice side that he looks after his friends , wholesome.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I keep saying it.

The rich partnered up with the government and robbed us all.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah , but people need private jets ... right ?

I think It shows Dons nice side that he looks after his friends , wholesome.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in there we can blame Obama for this right? Ah who cares anyway.... it's only $27 million, a drop in the bucket.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Surely this isn't surprising.

Can't wait for the bootlickers to come and explain why this private jet company needed some freedom finance MAGA!
edit on 14-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I keep saying it.

The rich partnered up with the government and robbed us all.

That's the norm I'm afraid. Winning !

link   

Crony capitalism at it's finest.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Power comes with position. Has been that way since....forever.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From linked article:

"Private jet companies lobbied Congress and the White House to be included in the billions of dollars that went to the commercial airlines and aviation companies, arguing that they support more than 1 million jobs and offer a lifeline to smaller communities without a major airport."

So you are basically saying that a bill that passed the DNC controlled congress for 3 trillion dollars was hijacked by Trump to give a buddy (that he probably doesn't know) 27 Million dollars. I am assuming that you don't understand the word TRILLION.

Not passing a good judgement on the company in question just loving your ability to take # out of context.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is always pork in these bullsh!t bills from both sides.
The Dems squeezed something for Planned Parenthood and some opera house in some bailout bill, didn’t they?
Not sure this would be considered pork though, they are a legitimate company that provides a service in the transportation industry.
edit on 14-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Can't wait for the bootluckers to come and explain why this private jet company needed some freedom finance MAGA!

I would rather be a Trump “bootlucker” than a Dem “bootlicker”

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I'm pretty sure somewhere in there we can blame Obama for this right? Ah who cares anyway.... it's only $27 million, a drop in the bucket.

Wait the title seems to blame Trump since this guy got within 6 degrees of him. Isn't that the narrative since day one?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Why only those two options? You understand you have choices beyond those right? You can be a conservative and not support Trump and the Republican party in their actions. You can be a liberal and not support the Democrats, Obama and Hillary. We talk about sheeple getting lost in the two party system, yet your post illustrates a fine example of it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Can't wait for the bootluckers to come and explain why this private jet company needed some freedom finance MAGA!

Thanks for poi n ting out my spelling mistake and good on you for admitting you like being a bootlicker, your honesty is refreshing.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why only those two options? You understand you have choices beyond those right? You can be a conservative and not support Trump and the Republican party in their actions. You can be a liberal and not support the Democrats, Obama and Hillary. We talk about sheeple getting lost in the two party system, yet your post illustrates a fine example of it.

Nah...I was just pointing out his misspelling of the word bootlicker.
It was sarcasm.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So then you agree with my post, yes?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Thanks for poi n ting out my spelling mistake and good on you for admitting you like being a bootlicker, your honesty is refreshing.

Wrong again.
I am a Trump supporter but I do not support everything he does.
The $27 million to the company in the OP is not really an issue to me because the Dems always jam sh!t in their bills that they want money to go to that is way less deserving than this.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So then you agree with my post, yes?

I certainly do.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I'm saying I think most of that money was spent like this by everyone in government.

Did you get any?
How many people that you know didn't?
I know one person that got and they didn't even need it.

How much of it really went where we were told it would go?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This will surely get a few Trump voters to change their minds...

Desperate lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join