It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Has your opinion changed about it over the course of the outbreak?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't know if there are other viruses that present exactly the same way covid-19 does. But I do know that when symptoms begin to show is not when you were infected, it is when your body began to lose the battle against it. That is true for just about any illness. When it starts and when you notice symptoms are rarely, if ever, the same time.

I wonder if this is a test run at disenfranchising people or if this is the real deal at its nascent...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So you are firmly in the "better safe than sorry" category. Hard to go wrong there honestly. As I mentioned earlier, one mutation is all it takes to be a real game changer. And this virus has shown a propensity for mutation. I think its too early to sound the all clear, but the way this has been handled right from the start in China has pretty much limited the options available to us now. Time will tell...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You make an excellent point about the reasoning behind the actions taken - to slow the rate of infection so as to not overwhelm the hospitals/care givers. From that perspective, the world wide spread of the virus was a foregone conclusion. The virus is holding true to form and proving that it is going to run its course regardless of our attempts at mitigation.

It follows to reason then, that at some point in the future virtually everyone who has contact with strangers will at some point be exposed to the virus. The most susceptible will continue to fall until viable treatments and vaccines are available. Covid-19 will be one more added to the great swirling pool of viruses that continually circle our globe only to pop up again when we least expect it.

I think the idea of an effective quarantine was over before it started. This outbreak began in a city of 11 million densely packed people. What chance was there for a quarantine to actually work? Then add to that the idea of asymptomatic travellers and there is no way this was ever going to be locked down.

I have a hard time picturing people dying due to broken supply lines in this country. But then I remember that children die of hunger and exposure in this country all the time. Its just not polite to talk about it...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was terrified of it back in January after seeing videos of people dropping dead in China, who ever i talked to told me it was just the flu and i should not worry. Now it's the complete opposite, literally.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

My opinion still hasn't changed.

Just like the moment I witnessed things unforlding on 9/11, my first words were; "they did it to themselves" (U.S.).

Those in high power but unseen, have caused something to further their own private agenda and blamed someone else.

I do not think this pandemic was initiated by the Chinese, they are and will probably always be in a state of shock forever, meanwhile, someone living in luxury is laughing inside their evil lair and they are not Chinese imo.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I hear ya. That is why I started this thread. It seems that the players keep trading places on the field but the game never really changes much.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I still have a hard time believing 9/11 was an inside job. My America just wouldn't do that. Maybe I have blinders on.

That lab in Wuhan is very suspicious to me. If the ties to people like Bill Gates are real then I think something nefarious is afoot. But I also have to believe that someone like Gates could afford to cover his tracks regardless of how difficult it was. Unless he, and others like him, think so much of themselves they no longer fear us knowing the truth about them. If that is the case then all the rules change...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How many times a week are we going to see a "how has your opinion on covid changed?"

Quite a few of us rang the alarm early. Quite a few of us said it was going to be used for political gain. Quite a few of those who were worried about it changed their opinion on it, and now think it was, and still is, being overblown.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah I was mad about the overblown coverage and the paranoid panicked response as a strategy for protecting us from this “super duper killer” virus .

Now I’m madder 🤬

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I've noticed certain posters have gone ghost lately.

The "two weeks" crowd and the "omg look at these graphs" crowd. Also the "this is not the flu!!!!" crowd. So ready to spread the gospel the TV was preaching while missing what was right in front of their face. Only one I can think of admitted he/she was wrong and for that you have my respect.

The others? Just gone. And I wouldn't trust them to tell me the sky is blue. No doubt they will show back up offering their brilliant opinions acting like nothing happened.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
How many times a week are we going to see a "how has your opinion on covid changed?"

Quite a few of us rang the alarm early. Quite a few of us said it was going to be used for political gain. Quite a few of those who were worried about it changed their opinion on it, and now think it was, and still is, being overblown.

This post followed by the tag line "speak for yourself"...

I was one of the people who said early on it was potentially serious, moreso than the typical seasonal flu. I was also one of the people who said it would be used for political gain. I think one side of this is being completely overblown for financial purposes, among other things. And I also believe the real number of infections is probably higher than even the overblown estimates. That does not, however, mean it is not as dangerous as some would like to believe. Many people have shown symptoms and recovered only to come down with symptoms a second or third time. This could be due to multiple strains of the virus. This virus has shown a propensity for mutation.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It has. Initially I was a lot more worried about it because of the untrustworthyness of the Chinese. As it began to hit more trustworthy western countries and we saw the numbers were severe flu season levels with the median deaths being elderly, my worries turned away from the virus and towards the clear Constitutional Rights violations state and local governments were beginning to perform in the name of COVID along with the pending economic disaster those responses are 100% responsible for causing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm so tired of social distancing that I've skipped hand shakes, by-passed hugs.

Everyone I meet now?

I dry-hump their leg like a Boarder Collie on meth.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It's not just this country.

The snowball effect will be extreme. How sound we and the Western World are financially, directly impacts everyone down to the poorest of countries. If we are having a difficult time getting goods to paying customers in the US, imagine the difficulty in getting food and medical supplies to Third World countries.

Add to that, we here are the most giving people on Earth. Right now though all our largess is being focused on the fallout from this virus and our response to it. Private donations that once went to helping the poor around the world, will now be going somewhere else and that money is finite.

The term "Butterfly Effect" is overused but applicable here. The deaths caused directly or indirectly due to the economic collapse may well outnumber the deaths from the disease.

It may sound harsh, which would make it no less true, but by stretching this out instead of just letting it run its course, we probably have done more harm than good. In fact, I'm certain of it. I'm just as certain that, humans being human, even after we realize that, we will do it again next time. Lessons learned don't pass well from generation to generation.

We protect the seals, they overpopulate and wipe out the mollusks endangering them. We go overboard protecting habitat by not allowing time honored forestry techniques to be employed, we cause huge forest fires that wipe out more forests than we ever could ourselves. It's our nature to knee-jerk react to problems without a single synapse being used to look at the long game. But we are well-meaning

edit on 5/15/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I agree. We are one piece, albeit a very big piece, in a global economy. What happens to us will affect others. And as you pointed out we are very generous when it comes to helping others. I have always suspected, though I hoped otherwise, that if the tables were turned and we were the ones in need that the world would look the other way. I guess time will tell on that one. But I am not feeling terribly optimistic.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This should put everyone's mind at ease....Operation Warp speed!!!

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes my opinion has changed over the course of the outbreak

In February and March I was worried that the virus could be as deadly and contagious as the worst case scenarios where projecting.

I am now relieved that the virus has proven to be much closer to the best case projections.

So in turn in March I supported the social distancing measures taken and now believe it is time to start lifting them.

I am of the opinion had our elected leaders had the information they do now about the virus and the ramifications of their social distancing measures they would not have ordered many of the things they did. However now that they do have the information they are content to play politics.

It was another beautiful day in the epicenter of the world pandemic and the streets where abuzz with a lot of activity for a friday (work day), felt more like a normal prepandemic Saturday. If the polititions don't get on board soon they are going to be left behind.

edit on 15-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join