It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Essential workers" do not deserve "hazard pay" for working during Covid-19 pandemic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
To be fair I dont know why anyone in the US or the UK is supporting the government.
The UK essential workers have been on a pay freeze since 2008

and are being asked to work in a dangerous environment against their right to refuse to work in a dangerous environment, employee rights act 1999

same with those in the military , why the # are they even working for the government when they are paid so poorly and dont get the benefits they are promised down the line treated as expendable all dressed up in patriotic propaganda , Look at how the government treats veterans

It took a 100 year old veteran here in britian to raise money for the NHS which is paid for by our taxes , but then stolen away by government through cuts.

All the while we are asked to go back to work to prevent big corporations from going broke and losing all the monies we raised via taxes and work.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Your comparison to that of a soldier is laughable , you compare a doctor who saves lives daily to a soldier who is paid to kill for war profiteers for the military industrial complex whenever the economy is #. Or to bring about global supremacy of one nation over others.

Anti-military propaganda completely detached from reality.

Thanks for letting us know what true scum you are though.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As usual, the alleged "fiscal conservatives" are worried about thousands going to Main Street but completely unconcerned about billions going to Wall Street.

Or is it just virtue-signalling to the All Trump Supporters herd ...

SMH

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
As usual, the alleged "fiscal conservatives" are worried about thousands going to Main Street but completely unconcerned about billions going to Wall Street.

SMH

As usual, you can't address the substance of the OP and offer any kind of rational thoughts on the subject. At least you're consistent.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

SMH

You do know that Wall Street isn't just executives don't you? Wall Street is also working class peoples pensions.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

SMH

You do know that Wall Street isn't just executives don't you? Wall Street is also working class peoples pensions.

No one ever said leftists understood economics.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I’m essential and sought out an essential position intentionally because I was sick of hurricanes making me broke every year here in Florida. Would I take the money? Of course. Do I expect it? Ha. Do I feel I deserve it? Well, I got a rather large raise after I prepped our commercial property to allow any tenants who needed to come to work, to do so and feel as safe as we could possibly make them. The raise was coming regardless, but the preparations added several thousand more to it. The raise I definitely felt I deserved. I was already in the process of negotiating a raise before this started. I ended up getting more than I was going to negotiate. Do I feel I deserve government (our) money? Seems like a moot point to even consider. Our government hands out money like Halloween candy. I suppose at least the people get the full size candy bar this time instead of the fun size.

But I don’t see it happening.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I quoted what she said. I don't know anything about it otherwise.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, if essential workers don't deserve pay, then soldiers shouldn't get hazard pay. Why are you paying them more for doing their job?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That’s why truly essential services like medical pay more than many other positions. Why do they get an extra 25k while I’m not able to have gainful employment? It’s hugely offensive that funds like that could be given as bonus to some workers while millions simply don’t have employment. What about finding funds for other social programs like universal health care? These “gifts” seem odd. Free money is never free.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sounds like people want bonus' for doing their job.

Who would have thought people working in medical would have to fight viruses! Im sure thats not what they signed up for!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Essential workers include everyone from low paid home health aides, grocery store clerks, and pretty much anybody else who's been working throughout this entire pandemic making less money than all that government cheese most of you lazy entitled asses are getting while sitting on your #ing couches.

Actually WORKing while other people are getting extra bonuses and padding to their unemployment checks that allow them to make more while not working, and you greedy #s don't think they deserve any compensation to even things up while most people get a paid #ing vacation with a raise.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Why do they get an extra 25k while I’m not able to have gainful employment?

You know anything about home repair and improvement? Know how to run a cash register? Can you get to work on time?

I know a place that's hiring. You'd earn money the honest way.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As an essential that has work through all this, just compensate me for the extra alcohol consumption and please keep the nons off the roads. It's been so nice without them .

Signed,
grumpy elevator guy to close to retirement.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Essential workers include everyone from low paid home health aides, grocery store clerks, and pretty much anybody else who's been working throughout this entire pandemic making less money than all that government cheese most of you lazy entitled asses are getting while sitting on your #ing couches.

Actually WORKing while other people are getting extra bonuses and padding to their unemployment checks that allow them to make more while not working, and you greedy #s don't think they deserve any compensation to even things up while most people get a paid #ing vacation with a raise.

I am with you on that. I could have taken a furlough at the beginning, but didn't and worked through it. I was brought up to work and support myself with no help. SOmeone, at the end of this all, will be paying big, and it will be probably people like us paying higher taxes. That money is not free.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

People like you and me are being screwed at both ends of the equation.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25170237]face23785[/post

I sort of agree with you but sort of don't. I work at a company that has a real class division. We have the hourly workers, who are production people. And we have the salaried people, office workers and engineers etc. Many of the salaried people get fat year end bonuses for how well the company does; the hourly production workers get a pittance. Now those very same salaried people are all working from home, in relative safety, while the production people are having to come in to the facility and are not able to socially isolate, putting them at higher risk, because they are "essential" . At years end, assuming the company does well and survives because of our efforts, these work at home personnel will again get fat bonuses, when the people who came to work and literally risked their lives, will get the same pittance. Its totally indecent and despicable, and I would be lying if I said it didn't anger me. What I am saying to you, is that their are all kinds of people who are taking a lot of risk trying to keep companies going, and in the end the same group of greedy sociopaths who run corporate America, and are keeping themselves and their cronies safe, will profit from the lower tiered workers sacrifice, risk and efforts. My question is to you, should one group of people be allowed to put another at risk and then profit from it, denying the workers they are putting at risk any sort of compensation for the risk?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Much of wallstreet is 401k, IRAs, union pensions and so on....

I have a worker who is 72 and was going to retire and then he saw his investments lose 400k in a few days...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Much of wallstreet is 401k, IRAs, union pensions and so on....

I have a worker who is 72 and was going to retire and then he saw his investments lose 400k in a few days...

It's almost as if having our entire system we use to prepare for retirement based on high risk gambling is a bad idea or something...
edit on 5/16/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

you can call me scum all ye like , still doesnt change the fact that war is state sanctioned murder/ terrorism

carried out by the military on poor people in other nations by world super powers

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join