It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Vaxx, Right-Wing Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theorists Vs. Bill Gates

What is the real conspiracy?

What happens when you put the word “conspiracy” in front of the word “theory”? It certainly makes the theory more laughable and ridiculous. With this tactic alone, one has one’s opponent on the ropes; the argument at this point has been rendered all but moot. To make it worse, all one has to do is throw in the words “far-right” in front of “conspiracy,” to deliver the knockout blow. In order to demonstrate the conceit, the deceit, and the bias of the media, let’s analyze this following article for fact vs. opinion. www.nytimes.com...

Anti-vaccinators, members of the conspiracy group QAnon and right-wing pundits have instead seized on the video as evidence that one of the world’s richest men planned to use a pandemic to wrest control of the global health system.

So, if you harbor any suspicions of the very same person who stands to profit from this outbreak who also ran simulations of the very same type of outbreak only weeks prior to its inception, you are anti-vaxx, Q-Anon, right-winger (in other words, Satan himself). Ok. Got it, thank you for helping me think for myself and understand this complex issue, mr/mrs/mix reporter. Let’s take a further look.

Mr. Gates, 64, the Microsoft co-founder turned philanthropist, has now become the star of an explosion of conspiracy theories about the coronavirus outbreak. In posts on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, he is being falsely portrayed as the creator of Covid-19, as a profiteer from a virus vaccine, and as part of a dastardly plot to use the illness to cull or surveil the global population.

An explosion of conspiracy theories… uh oh. Sounds scary.
Yeah… and your point? Care to address the accusations themselves? PS (BEWARE anyone who calls him/herself a philanthropist. Being a self-proclaimed philanthropist is akin to telling everyone how humble you are. If you have to say it, chances are you are not it.

The wild claims have gained traction with conservative pundits like Laura Ingraham and anti-vaccinators such as Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as Mr. Gates has emerged as a vocal counterweight to President Trump on the coronavirus

Have you ever seen such a despicable group of people? Oh, and if that’s not bad enough….Trump!

Misinformation about Mr. Gates is now the most widespread of all coronavirus falsehoods tracked by Zignal Labs, a media analysis company. The misinformation includes more than 16,000 posts on Facebook this year about Mr. Gates and the virus that were liked and commented on nearly 900,000 times, according to a New York Times analysis. On YouTube, the 10 most popular videos spreading lies about Mr. Gates posted in March and April were viewed almost five million times.

The public’s opinion on this matter is being closely tracked and analyzed. Your opinion is known to authorities who can keep an eye on those whose opinions are contrary to the state ordered thinking.

Mr. Gates, who is worth more than $100 billion, has effectively assumed the role occupied by George Soros, the billionaire financier and Democratic donor who has been a villain for the right. That makes Mr. Gates the latest individual — along with Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading U.S. infectious disease expert — to be ensnared in the flow of right-wing punditry that has denigrated those who appear at odds with Mr. Trump on the virus.

I was wondering when Soros was going to make his appearance! So here we have our teams being established. You can pick only one of two teams, according to the author of this op-ed disguised as journalism. Team Good, or Team Trump.

“Bill Gates is easily transformed into a health-related meme and figure because he’s so well known,” said Whitney Phillips, an assistant professor at Syracuse University who teaches digital ethics. “He’s able to function as kind of an abstract boogeyman.”

Anyone suspicious of the billionaire philanthropist is allowing their superstitions and fears to speak for them, not their logic or Gates’ own questionable records.

Especially since Mr. Gates has sharpened his comments about the White House’s handling of the coronavirus in recent weeks.

People don’t like Gates because he was brave enough to stand up to Trump!! Forget the fact that he is on record numerous times talking about population reduction (and having had 3 kids of his own-- Gates is only interested in reducing YOUR population). That’s the only conceivable reason why anyone would question the man’s actions and thinking.

The conspiracy theories about Mr. Gates may particularly damage what people think about a future coronavirus vaccine, said Claire Wardle, executive director of First Draft, an organization that fights online disinformation. She said the narratives “have the potential to kick off coordinated and sophisticated online campaigns that turn people against taking a virus vaccine.”

Your opinion is very dangerous and might end up killing unknown numbers of people.

YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, which also owns Instagram, said they were fighting coronavirus misinformation.

These wonderful platforms will do your thinking for you.

The foundation has worked to distribute vaccines in developing countries, advocated family planning through greater use of contraceptives and funded the development of genetically modified crops. Those efforts have prompted unfounded accusations that Mr. Gates was hurting the world’s poor with unnecessary drugs and harmful crops while trying to suppress the global population.

Well, I wonder why India discontinued the wonderful vaccinations Bill Gates in all his philanthropic glory offered.

By then, falsehoods about Mr. Gates had taken off. The first mention of a baseless conspiracy connecting him to the outbreak was on Jan. 21, according to the Times analysis. That was when a YouTube personality linked to QAnon suggested on Twitter that Mr. Gates had foreknowledge of the pandemic. The tweet was based on a coronavirus-related patent from the Pirbright Institute, a British group that received funding from the Gates Foundation.
The patent was not for Covid-19; it was connected to a potential vaccine for a different coronavirus that affects poultry. But two days later, the conspiracy website Infowars inaccurately said the patent was for “the deadly virus.”

Surely it had nothing to do with Event 201.

The idea spread. From February to April, conspiracy theories involving Mr. Gates and the virus were mentioned 1.2 million times on social media and television broadcasts, according to Zignal Labs. That was 33 percent more often, it said, than the next-largest conspiracy theory: that 5G radio waves cause people to succumb to Covid-19.

Don’t forget to mention the more ridiculous “conspiracy theories” so that people can make the associations between the two!

Some of the theories tapped into Mr. Gates’s acquaintance with Jeffrey Epstein, the financier who was convicted of sex trafficking and committed suicide, saying a global elite had banded together to create the coronavirus.

Or maybe just pointing out that Bill Gates shows evidence of being a despicable human being.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

In other theories, internet trolls twisted comments that Mr. Gates had made. In one, trolls said Mr. Gates, who had raised the idea of “digital certificates” to confirm who had the virus, wanted to surveil the population with microchip vaccination implants.

Why do you have the words “digital certificates” in quotes? To make it seem as if it were fictional? id2020.org...

By April, false Gates conspiracy theories peaked at 18,000 mentions a day, Zignal Labs said.
The theories were amplified by people such as Mr. Kennedy, a son of former Senator Robert F. Kennedy, who campaigns against vaccines as a director of the Children’s Health Defense network. On his Instagram page, Mr. Kennedy has said Mr. Gates pushes vaccines to feed his other business interests.
On Tuesday, Mr. Kennedy posted a cartoon of a smiling Mr. Gates with a syringe and a caption: “Your Body, my choice.”
Mr. Kennedy, whose Instagram followers have doubled to more than 285,000 since March, said in an interview that he was telling the truth about the “terrible damage” that Mr. Gates had inflicted on the world with vaccines.
Of course his vaccines did not inflict terrible damage. Just ask Snopes, they’ll set you straight.

In an April 7 tweet, Ms. Ingraham, a Fox News host, shared a conspiracy theory about nefarious motives behind Mr. Gates’s call to track and identify who had received a Covid-19 vaccine. “Digitally tracking Americans’ every move has been a dream of the globalists for years,” she wrote.
Ms. Ingraham did not respond to a request for comment.

Why would she respond to someone just waiting to catch some quote that could be used against her? I know I wouldn’t respond either. I don’t think she is saying anything most of us don’t know.

And Roger J. Stone Jr., the Trump confidant who was sentenced this year to 40 months in prison for felonies related to the 2016 Trump campaign, said in a radio interview this week reported by The New York Post that whether Mr. Gates “played some role in the creation and spread of this virus is open for vigorous debate.”

Here’s another guy who is close to Trump. He clearly has nothing to say that’s worth a listen.

On Wednesday, after Mr. Gates said pulling funding to the World Health Organization was ill advised, the online reaction was swift. (The Gates Foundation funds the organization.)
One anti-vaccinator posted a poster of the movie “Kill Bill” on Instagram that read “Kill Bill Gates” and called for people to flood the comments on Mr. Gates’s Instagram account.
That same day, when Mr. Gates posted his thanks to health care workers, it received over 14,000 comments. One read: “This virus is a big, big lie.”

Let’s find the most ludicrous quotes in order to further paint a caricature of our opponents.
WHO could argue with this well crafted factual piece? Only crazy anti-vaxx, right-wing, Trump-lovin conspiracy freaks, that’s WHO!

For another example of unbiased reporting, please check this “article.” I’ll add the final paragraph in case you don’t want to read it:
www.nature.com...

The messaging around a vaccine will also need to be carefully thought out. If there’s already fewer COVID-19 infections by then, it’s going to be a hard sell, says Larson. “The thing that’s going to change people’s minds is if the government says that if you have the vaccine, you can go to work”, she says.

There it is. If you want to work, you will take the vaccine. End of story.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Let’s find the most ludicrous quotes in order to further paint a caricature of our opponents.

You must be new here.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
People know. This is The Mark of the Beast. You take it you are damned for eternity.

Most people will not see it as merely the lesser of two evils.

They will see it as eternal damnation and refuse it.

edit on 1452020 by Snarl because: Damned autocorrect

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thank you -- S&F.

I am far too angry to write the reasonable and thoughtful reply this deserves, so I'll leave it at "thank you."

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks Bo. I wonder if we have more like-minded allies than we think.
My hope is that we're on the right side of truth (I always hold space that I could be WRONG), and we know that truth will prevail.

edit on 14-5-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is why the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword" is so true.

Dissemination of information is unfortunately under the control of people who don't have our best interests at heart to put it lightly.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

The good news is that we ALL have voices (and pens are also readily available) to respond with!

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I’m old enough to remember when blind obedience to authoritarians was considered right wing while exercising liberty and resisting authoritarianism was considered left wing.

I am now wingless.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Don't question the man. he ALWAYS has your best interests at heart. If you question him, you must hate puppies and want to harm them. You don't hate puppies do you?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I'm offended by this blatant, hateful wingaphobia!!!

Anyone who disagrees is obviously an extremist, dangerous, terrorist and I demand someone somewhere does something.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why would anyone take medical advice from a computer programmer??? Seriously, give me one good reason lol people have lost their god damn minds mang.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I’m old enough to remember when blind obedience to authoritarians was considered right wing while exercising liberty and resisting authoritarianism was considered left wing.

I am now wingless.

Quoted for truth, fellow wingless person. Or maybe it's the Mandela effect.

Regarding the OP--excellent thread and thank you for putting this together. Some of the language used these days is infuriating. The amount of name calling and rhetoric is childish and what's really maddening is how gullible and emotionally malleable the general public is who consumes this garbage.

The gist of media these days is "I don't agree with this guy so he's a big conspiracy theorist maniac idiot who wants to steal your cookies, get mad with me, people! I'm CNN, I'm angry! I'm Fox! I'm angry about CNN! I'm the NYT! I'm mad about everything! Come get mad and point some fingers with me!"

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Best plan would be to let those who want to be vaxxed go first.

It's gonna take a while to get everyone done so if they all start to show adverse side effects, or worse, then the others will be warned off.
If they're all fine n dandy then others will join in.

As for Gates and his conspiracy worries. Send him on a solo walking tour of India and Africa where he can get genuine opinions on him from real people.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
All of these comments are so on point, btw. I might not be making comments, (writing the OP took it out of me) but I am really enjoying reading what our esteemed membership has to say!!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest issues with examining any of this is just how extensive and multi-faceted it is.

There are multiple layers, and getting some to even look into the first is difficult!

But, it is doubtful that its a mere coincidence that many of the big players in Agenda 21-esque motives are also big players in this pandemic.

I see plenty talk about how "unprepared and incompetent" many were during this.. Yet, there are things that must have took preparation long in the making. The 1400+ page bill delivered by Democrats early on being one of them.

And with the "all-or-nothing" thinking that has been inculcated for years, it makes many incapable of looking at different pieces of a whole.

A great example of this is 5g and The Virus. We have some saying "its all 5g" and others saying "emf doesnt do anything to us." Coupled with search results that are *very* difficult to parse.. and it entirely obfuscates the possibility of EMF's impact on the human immune system.

Check out the difference in results, even on duckduckgo:

emf sensitivity

Makes the topic seem downright laughable.

Now: electromagnetic fields immune system

All of a sudden we get a glimpse of a much different picture. Still tricky to navigate in depth though.

And, thats just one possible piece of a very large puzzle. Some pieces unintentional (albeit fortuitous), and others distinctly planned and exploited for years.

Because of this, it makes addressing each individual item next to impossible. Get some movement on, say, Gates and his BS, and we are missing the things happening elsewhere that are driving to the same end goal.

Effectively stalling, or preventing, these plans is still very possible in my opinion. But, it will take a different, more comprehensive outlook that isnt beholden to simply accepting/rejecting the Narrative. I think there are a lot of options in that direction.

I think that if we aim for systems, tools, and concepts that explicitly yield self-sufficiency, self-determination, and autonomy.. that we are more than halfway there.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Kudos to you for mentioning Agenda 21 which has been renamed Agenda 2030!

I wish more would open their eyes to what we have already been told and put the puzzle pieces together instead of listening and obeying the MSM BS message of fear the unknown and trust the government.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Honestly.. I suspected shenanigans when they renamed it and still do. Maybe its a red herring, or the phase after Agenda 21 has been implemented. Thats the feeling I got from it "back then," but admittedly havent looked into Agenda 2030 specifically in a while.

Either way, I think the Plan remains focused on 2021. Everything Ive seen happen certainly seems in line with that!

Been trying to forge a path into a different direction for years and years though. The tricky part with modern manipulation is that it effectively shapes the thought processes of both the people that accept it and those that reject it.

I would expect the plan now to be trying to precipitate violent response in very specific regions/states/cities. Hope Im wrong..

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Mostly 19 year olds who play video games in Mommy's basement. That isn't the Right Wing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join