It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department emails indicate Yovanovitch met with Burisma rep, despite testimony

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Do you remember former U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch...?
She was positioned as a heroine during the impeachment process as she testified in front of the House - under oath.

During this process she downplayed the profile of Burisma holdings, giveing Adam Schiff the coundbites he needed to spin that Burisma was never a visible issue in the State Dept under Barrack Obama's administration around the fall of 2016.

State Department emails obtained by the conservative group Citizens United this week indicate that the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine was involved in discussions about the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings and even in a meeting with a company representative, despite testifying to Congress during the impeachment inquiry that she knew little about the firm.

Yovanavitch testified:

“Burisma wasn’t a big issue in the fall … of 2016, when I arrived,” she said, noting that the investigation and details surrounding its closure “happened before I arrived.”
“It was not a focus of what I was doing in that six-month period,” she said.

That's not in line with this, recently revealed through the FOIA:

But through a Citizens United Freedom of Information Act request for emails related to Burisma sent by former deputy assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eastern Europe George Kent, the organization obtained more than 160 pages of emails and memos sent during the fall of 2016, including communications between Yovanovitch and U.S. Embassy officials about Burisma Holdings and documents indicating that she met with a representative of the firm at the embassy in December 2016.

She either lied directly under oath or lied by ommission.

The question now becomes whether the DoJ will seek to indict for perjury.
If there is any fairness left in the US legal system then she most certainly will be, at the very least, investigated.

foxwilmington.com...

edit on 14/5/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Was this from John Solomon's breaking story last night?

edt...Just saw added link.
edit on 14-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Was this from John Solomon's breaking story last night?

Link added.
Yes, the article links back to John Solomon's report, here:
justthenews.com...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Since nobody apparently asked her under oath about Burisma meetings and letters...Yovanovitch still may have some legal wriggle-room.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Typical Leftist slappy lying under oath.
Every time they’re lips move, they are lying.

link   
They are never going to admit anything. Another I don't recall. You can show them videos of them eating live kittens and they still won't recall...meh. Biden was in the Ukraine days before Trump was sworn in. What is he even doing over there with hours left as VP.

link   
And to think the MSM had her propped up as the darling of the year 😀

She turns out to be just another phony !! 😀

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
They are never going to admit anything. Another I don't recall. You can show them videos of them eating live kittens and they still won't recall...meh. Biden was in the Ukraine days before Trump was sworn in. What is he even doing over there with hours left as VP.

Biden was there a week after he requested Flynn unmasking and was given the 'Medal Of Freedom' by Obama.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The question now becomes whether the DoJ will seek to indict for perjury.
If there is any fairness left in the US legal system then she most certainly will be, at the very least, investigated.

foxwilmington.com...

I think the only person needed to be investigated for perjury is Flynn. All those who were sympathetic to the "cause" can claim BAMN, and get off with no punishment.

The new justice system has been in place since Obama's Wingman installed it.

And leftovers aren't smart enough to realize that's how it is, so they just wait for CNNMSNBC to tell them how to reply.
I worry about the day the MSM of the left will be forced to reveal the facts. All those idiots screaming at the sky all at once might be a global issue.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hmmm, tangled web, deceivers and what not.
Color me surprised.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
That this woman would - at the very least - withhold information that might highlight her activity with Burisma gives more credence to the suspicion that she lied in other areas.

From November:

The former US ambassador to Ukraine used her personal email account to message a Democratic staffer over a 'delicate issue' a month before the whistleblower complaint was made public, according to Fox News.

Marie Yovanovitch testified under oath she had not replied to Democratic congressional staffer Laura Carey.

Three-time ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, who was abruptly recalled from Kiev in May, gave a closed-door deposition on October 11 to three congressional committees investigating whether there were grounds to impeach Trump.

She is a key witness in House Democrats' impeachment inquiry which began on September 24 after a whistleblower's allegations that Trump pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate unsubstantiated corruption charges against Democratic political rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Carey's emails and Yovanovitch's reported replies will raise questions of who knew about the whistleblower complaint before it was made public and which Democrats were warned of its contents. It will also lead to question on whether Yovanovitch committed perjury.

Yovanovitch is said to have replied to Carey regarding the 'time-sensitive' issue two days after the whistleblower filed their complaint over Trump's infamous call with the Ukrainian president.

That despite telling Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin: 'I alerted the State Department, because I'm still an employee, and so, matters are generally handled through the State Department.'

Former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, center, flanked by lawyers, aides and police, leaves the US Capitol on October 11. She reportedly used her personal email account to message a Democratic staffer over a 'delicate issue' days after whistleblower complaint +3
Former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, center, flanked by lawyers, aides and police, leaves the US Capitol on October 11. She reportedly used her personal email account to message a Democratic staffer over a 'delicate issue' days after whistleblower complaint

Yovanovitch told Lee Zeldin, pictured, that she 'alerted the State Department, because I'm still an employee, and so, matters are generally handled through the State Department' +3
Yovanovitch told Lee Zeldin, pictured, that she 'alerted the State Department, because I'm still an employee, and so, matters are generally handled through the State Department'

Yovanovitch added: 'So, she emailed me. I alerted the State Department and, you know, asked them to handle the correspondence. And, she emailed me again and said, you know, who should I be in touch with?

'I didn't respond to that email, because I had already transferred everything to the State Department and I figured they would be in touch, and they were.'

But Fox News reports she did reply, writing she 'would love to reconnect and look forward to chatting with you'.

So she admitted that a Democrat staffer was in contact with her about a 'delicate issue' a month before the Whistleblower complaint was filed. That in itself is troubling if it had anything to do with the actual whistleblower complaint, but she flat out denied she replied..under oath. If her reply is in the hands of the DoJ (and it seems that Fox news are confident enough to even print what she replied) then Yovanavitch should be indicted for perjury, plain and simple.

edit on 15/5/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join