It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanford Cheerleader Battling COVID-19 Has Had Symptoms For More Than 50 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Appears the virus still has surprises for us. I had heard of one of the Diamond Princess passengers who had it for weeks and weeks but now we are seeing it in younger people with no pre-existing conditons. 58 Days and still testing positive with active symptoms. Somebody needs to give this girl some hydroxycholorqin and azithromyscin like ASAP.

abc11.com...

A week later she tested positive in Chapel Hill.

Lacey seemed to have every symptom including a sustained high fever.

"I had like mental fogginess, I lost all sense of taste and smell. That one really was not fun. And I was sleeping a lot," said Mathis.

Things only got worse. A month into quarantine she was diagnosed with a sinus infection. More recently a kidney infection took hold.

50 days after her first test, Lacey tested positive for COVID-19 again.

With no preexisting conditions or underlying health issues, it's hard to make sense of this marathon illness.

58 days later, there is some light at the end of the tunnel and a dose of understandable skepticism.

"Fever has definitely been knocked down a few pegs. Crossing my fingers, hoping I'm on the way to recovery but I'm not getting too excited quite yet," said Mathis.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think it's most likely that these issues were caused by something being wrong with her body, not the virus magically causing a host of symptoms other than what it normally causes. The article says she had no preexisting conditions or underlying health issues, but the problem with those is you only know about them if you know about them. I had a major kidney problem for 19 years and had even gone to the doctors several times complaining about pain without them figuring out that anything was actually wrong. While my kidney was massively swollen and basically dying from the inside out, I was told I was having "growing pains". I ended up needing a bunch of surgeries.
It makes far more sense to chalk this up to doctors having no idea what they're doing than that the virus has magically mutated into something that causes all sorts of new symptoms.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That is an interesting case for sure. Why would a seemingly healthy girl get this disease that bad for so long. The disease is definitely really contagious, but most times only gives people mild to moderate issues. I would have to assess the properties of the diet she consumes to figure out if she is somehow dampening her immune system so she has more physical energy. People do that all the time....our immune system draws a lot of energy from our body, energy that can be redirected to growth or added muscle energy. Some viruses target people in the prime of their life, hitting those who block their immune system to gain energy, but this virus is usually not one of those viruses that effects those people that hard..

I do not know what is going on in this girls case. I know someone who has had covid for about five weeks and it has really kept him tired and stuck at home sick. He is not real bad, but says it SUCKS.

The stuff I am talking about are only possibilities, I do not know why this girl is actually having a bad case. She is having a worse case for someone her age and in her condition.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Probably getting reinfected from the cat cleaning itself and rolling around everywhere.

top topics

join