It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobbit Film Four Years Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hobbit Picture Four Years Away

Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson has said that it will be up to four years before he starts work on a film version of The Hobbit.

So we can expect Mr Jackson to hopefully begin making 'The Hobbit' in four years time after some lengthy negotiations. The reason for these lengthy negotiation is that the rights to JRR Tolkien's book are split between two major film studios.

If the hobbit is up to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy standard then it should be good.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can't wait for it. I recently picked up the DVD of the cartoon version from the '70s. Anyone remember that?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Heck yeah, I have ALL of 'em...still watch them...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This could be good, I wondered if they would make a film of the Hobbit.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Heck yeah, I have ALL of 'em...still watch them...

I thought they didn't make any other cartoon versions of tolkein did they?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think it'd be great to see. It's a wonderful story. It'll be interesting to see the dwarves and how Smaug the dragon is portrayed.
I'll be looking forward to it

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have the original cartoon movie as well. Truth was that I wanted to see the Hobbit made first in the series. I was waiting for years and years as a child wondering when they would make a movie for the books. The other I had wanted to see as a movie growing up was Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, who was also a good friend of Tolkien and in one of his writing circles.

top topics

join