It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandatory Covid19 Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I thought I'd do a thread about everything "Mandatory" related to Covid19.

I'm noticing an alarming trend in the West of Health Officials talking about Mandatory Testing, Mandatory Vaccines, and/or Masks.

Global News

More than two-thirds of Canadians believe a vaccine for COVID-19 — the disease caused by the novel coronavirus — should be mandatory for all...

NY TImes

Get Ready for a Vaccine Information War

Mandatory Testing

Therefore, an employer may choose to administer COVID-19 testing to employees before they enter the workplace to determine if they have the virus.

Mandatory Masks

Evidence is still emerging, but experts say benefits of widespread mask usage far outweigh risks

eta: H.R.6666

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

All of this discussion applies Globally IMO...

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Covid19 Vaccine will be made Mandatory in ALL Western Nations if not the World.

edit on 5/14/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

edit on 5/14/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don’t have a problem with the testing. The vaccine is another story.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Hmmm, makes me wonder how many of the people who mock anti-vaxxers will become anti-vaxxers themselves?? This covid is showing a lot of peoples hypocrisies across the board, it's definitely some interesting times we live in. XD

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Surely these days, it should be presondatory?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Mandatory Testing

Therefore, an employer may choose to administer COVID-19 testing to employees before they enter the workplace to determine if they have the virus.

My job is doing something like this. I work at a bank and our lobbies aren't open to the public without a scheduled appointment, mostly everything is done through the drive-thru. Our board is going to meet here soon to see if we'll open up again, and if we do, how we'll handle everything. In the mean-time, they gave thermometers to management to check our temps before we're allowed to work. If we have a temp of 100.4 or more, then we sit for 15 minutes, test again, and if it's still high we're sent home.

I'm ok with that one there, makes sense, if everyone gets sick then the bank has to close and we've already had 2 branches do that and boy oh boy, does that make people angry and paranoid. lol If they claim vaccination is mandatory, I may end up looking for new employment. I just can't trust this covid vaccine, my gut tells me it's not going to be good in the long run.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Mandatory Testing

My job is doing something like this. I work at a bank and our lobbies aren't open to the public without a scheduled appointment, mostly everything is done through the drive-thru. Our board is going to meet here soon to see if we'll open up again, and if we do, how we'll handle everything. In the mean-time, they gave thermometers to management to check our temps before we're allowed to work. If we have a temp of 100.4 or more, then we sit for 15 minutes, test again, and if it's still high we're sent home.

I'm ok with that one there, makes sense, if everyone gets sick then the bank has to close and we've already had 2 branches do that and boy oh boy, does that make people angry and paranoid. lol If they claim vaccination is mandatory, I may end up looking for new employment. I just can't trust this covid vaccine, my gut tells me it's not going to be good in the long run.

I think if they make the vaccine mandatory, they'll need some way to verify you've taken it.

In other words: "Papers please!!!"

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Surely these days, it should be presondatory?

Well I, for one, will not cooperate with persondatory mask wearing or jabs and I'm a pro vaxx individual.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Never gonna happen.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Never gonna happen.

As much as I hope they don't try it.

I think it WILL happen.

Or, they will attempt it, and there will be HUGE blowback...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have but one thing to say to all of that nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

What happened to the good ole days when you needed to jump thru hoops and need a doctors excuse to get out of work. Remember the 1 or 2 workaholics that no matter how sick they were they came to work? Oh forgot to add the employer who you could be on your death bed and they would still require you to be at work?

How things have changed in a matter of weeks.....

Anyone starting to feel like livestock instead of a human being yet?
edit on 14-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

In the mean-time, they gave thermometers to management to check our temps before we're allowed to work. If we have a temp of 100.4 or more, then we sit for 15 minutes, test again, and if it's still high we're sent home.

My normal temp is 96.8... my blood pressure runs low as well... that's normal for me and I'm sure plenty of other people. I could have a temp of 98.6 and be considered "okay," but actually be running a fever.

There are probably other people whose temps run high. So 100° would be normal for them.

That's a whole lotta people that will fall through that trap.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What happened to the good ole days when you needed to jump thru hoops and need a doctors excuse to get out of work. Remember the 1 or 2 workaholics that no matter how sick they were they came to work?

Killing people with the Flu or any other recurring Virus is acceptable.

We only have to worry about Covid19, apparently.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's happening in much of the US. Only a handful of mismanaged cities before the virus are locking everything down. Everything is back open where I am. Don't go to work around here and you'll get fired. Play time is over.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
What happened to the good ole days when you needed to jump thru hoops and need a doctors excuse to get out of work. Remember the 1 or 2 workaholics that no matter how sick they were they came to work? Oh forgot to add the employer who you could be on your death bed and they would still require you to be at work?

Oh, I remember those people alright, in fact, I am one of those people. I've often had my co-workers mad at me for showing up to work sick because I don't want our branch to be understaffed, but none of them want to be sick, which is fair. lol

I got a lot of that not only because my family raised me to have good work ethic, but I have also worked for a lot of places that would require you to show up to work if you couldn't find someone to cover your shift. When it came to those jobs, NOBODY would ever cover a shift, even if they complained about not having enough hours. Sad part is, a lot of that was food service. Really makes you want to eat out, huh??

originally posted by: Boadicea
My normal temp is 96.8... my blood pressure runs low as well... that's normal for me and I'm sure plenty of other people. I could have a temp of 98.6 and be considered "okay," but actually be running a fever.

There are probably other people whose temps run high. So 100° would be normal for them.

That's a whole lotta people that will fall through that trap.

I was tested for the first time yesterday and I was running about 97.5, which isn't too shabby I suppose, I don't know, I never really worry about that unless I'm sick. One of my co-workers walks to work, so there's always the chance she will be running hot, especially now that it's getting much warmer outside. That's why they're doing the 15 minute relaxing before they test again, just to ensure it's not a fever.

It does suck, though, because you're right. Depending on what places do it and who it's done to, many people could be sent home unwarranted all because they normally run hot. That's a great way to put people in a bad spot financially, all for things they can't help.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Lots of contradicting statements coming from all the different "experts".

Be very careful who you automatically believe !!

The latest scam is going down right now.

Democrats are sounding alarms about a "2nd" virus wave happening until a little beyond the Nov election !!!

Gee willikers Batman !!!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
When I was a kid we faced the polio epidemic. Only 16,316 paralytic polio cases and 1,879 deaths occurred each YEAR for the 3yrs the virus ran free. Compare that to about 1,600 deaths per DAY and 23,000 new cases per day from COVID. And that's now --- post-peak. We were required to get the vaccine when it came out --- shots at first and then the oral Salk vaccine. And guess what? Cases fell to less than 100/yr in the 60s, and less than 10 in the 70s when it was eradicated in the U.S. entirely. But after reading threads here I know that will never happen with COVID. We'll be dealing with that forever because it's every man for himself these days. There is utterly no sense of community responsibility.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Are they gonna check my sperm count too??

Hell no.

I want no part of mandatory anything.
edit on 14-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I thought I'd do a thread about everything "Mandatory" related to Covid19.

That must include HR6666.

www.congress.gov...

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Be very careful who you automatically believe !!

Excellent advice, Xuen.

I don't believe any of them. Not one. I wouldn't trust them if they told me the sun rose in the east at this point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join