It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange payment experience at grocery store

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Well thats what I assumed from posts on here.. but nope. It IS weird..

As to cash, I use to get stressed at my son's football games that I didn't have the 6 bucks cash to get in as I can go 6 months and have zero cash on hand. Now since the pandemic I did put 5k in my safe, but my wallet is still empty.

edit on 14-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: trollz

Popped into a local Dollar General to buy a $2 carton of whipping cream. A sign on the counter said, "No longer accepting cash." Whaaa...??? They need to rename it Credit Card General if dollars are not accepted!

That's illegal to not accept cash. It's legal tender.......and it always has been contaminated.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh, yes. Those pin pads are some of the most abused tools you'll ever come across in a retail store.

I worked in a supermarket for years, as a cashier, night manager, etc... ...there wasn't a day went by that at least one or two of those things went down, usually only temporarily...but always at the worst possible time.

It's annoying not just for the customers, but the employees, as well. It can be a hassle to try to work around it.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This seemed completely arbitrary and like a case of outright discrimination.

It is.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Popped into a local Dollar General to buy a $2 carton of whipping cream. A sign on the counter said, "No longer accepting cash." Whaaa...??? They need to rename it Credit Card General if dollars are not accepted!

Thought that was illegal. Cash and coin are legal tender and have to be accepted by law.

On another note, gas stations charge extra for credit cards at the pump. Stupidity at it's finest.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

During this whole virus thing... I've watched as they use plastic film over the buttons to keep people from spreading the virus.

I wonder what genius came up with that one.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It is illegal.

I once paid my car liscensing fee with rolls of pennies...long story.

The clerk at the courthouse refused to accept them. I asked if the pennies were legal tender, he said yes, they are. Then I'd like my tabs, please.

Death glare ensued. I cared not in the slightest.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I haven't seen that yet here in rural(ish) Alabama. Not going to work very well.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
That's why the governments want to stamp it out. They want to be able to record what you are doing and where you are. The more people stop using the money... the faster it will disappear.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It is illegal.

I once paid my car liscensing fee with rolls of pennies...long story.

The clerk at the courthouse refused to accept them. I asked if the pennies were legal tender, he said yes, they are. Then I'd like my tabs, please.

Death glare ensued. I cared not in the slightest.

Priceless

I remember the story of Samsung paying Apple a $1 billion dollar fine in nickels. Too bad that was a fake story, because that is actually a priceless move if anyone were to ever do that.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Very common here where I lived

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join