It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois counties defying coronavirus order could lose state funds to fight COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Pritz is sure a great guy....

Illinois Gov. Pritzker has said that state and federal funding could be withheld from local governments that defy his stay-at-home orders aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus by allowing businesses to reopen ahead of the state’s plan.

But the tone of his warnings were firmer Wednesday after the Madison County Board passed a resolution suggesting businesses could reopen under its own set of recommendations.

Pritzker said plainly that counties who go it alone could be disqualified from state and federal pass-through funds and local businesses could jeopardize their licensing if they open too soon.

www.bnd.com...

Hes really putting on the threats...

“There are enforcement mechanisms here that we will be using against them,” Pritzker said. “The businesses that ignore the executive order and the law will be held accountable by our department of professional regulation and will held be accountable by any licensing body.”

“For the small minority of businesses that choose to ignore the medical doctors and the data, and continue to ignore the legal obligations to the residents of your communities, there will be consequences,” Pritzker said.

edit on 13-5-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And he'll have an easier time getting away with it where they're running up against the courts in Wisconsin because Pritzker is still operating within the bounds of state law.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Yikes! I wonder where they’re gonna find the manpower to enforce all that. Not likely. I live one state above, and they just struck down the governor’s safer at home orders. Many local sheriffs in my state have stated they wouldn’t enforce any of that, so it’s a real crap shoot.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Yikes! I wonder where they’re gonna find the manpower to enforce all that. Not likely. I live one state above, and they just struck down the governor’s safer at home orders. Many local sheriffs in my state have stated they wouldn’t enforce any of that, so it’s a real crap shoot.

This is Illinois.. they have most of the deck stacked. You cant do crap in this state if youre not blue. Our Mayor is goosestepping right behind Pritz too. Everything is shut down and absurd. Mandatory masks and lines and 2 meters apart everywhere.. Businesses are going to die here big time.. Most of main st is shuttered. Friends are hemorrhaging money and are barely afloat. Any longer and theyll be shutting their businesses down.
But hey, thats Illinois for you. Theyll jst raise my property tax again so the Mayor can blacktop the road to his part of the neighborhood again.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Heil Prixer!!!

If he was so concerned about his state he could cough up a few billion of his own money to help out...

Oh wait.

Is THIS a face you would trust?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's a winner. He looks like a Disney cartoon villain.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I guess he doesn't realize the more business licenses he takes the less businesses he will have paying taxes because they will move to other states that WILL license them. People have to make a living and if they can't make one where they are they will go where they can.

Some of these governors are forgetting which side their bread is buttered on.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Heil Prixer!!!

If he was so concerned about his state he could cough up a few billion of his own money to help out...

Oh wait.

He reminds me of a Pixie frog.

ANyway.. this should show just how they plan on doing it.

www.bnd.com...

Madison County resolution has no legal protection for defying Illinois’ COVID-19 orders

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I guess he doesn't realize the more business licenses he takes the less businesses he will have paying taxes because they will move to other states that WILL license them. People have to make a living and if they can't make one where they are they will go where they can.

Some of these governors are forgetting which side their bread is buttered on.

Well they have a lot of the people and businesses by the short hairs here.. over the yrs they tax and fee and fine and whittle you down so much youre barely floating. I guess this is great news for the Blue Gov.. gotta love pandemics.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's a winner. He looks like a Disney cartoon villain.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Just when I thought no humor could be found in this.. you post THAT... BWHAHAHA!!!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Illinois was going to borrow money last week, but it couldn't, due to the state's credit rating being in the dumpster.

The state has no $$$ to withhold, LOL.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Heil Prixer!!!

Oh wait.

All inherited billions too... and this is the guy that pulls toilets out of his mansion so he gets a lower property tax bill since technically, it isn't "habitable".

T

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Illinois was going to borrow money last week, but it couldn't, due to the state's credit rating being in the dumpster.

The state has no $$$ to withhold, LOL.

Oh read the article.. theyll withhold federal and FEMA funds!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Illinois Gov. Pritzker has said that state and federal funding could be withheld

Didn't they try to sue Trump for withholding funds ...

Chicago sued to prevent the Trump administration from enforcing new policies that would withhold money

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Illinois Gov. Pritzker has said that state and federal funding could be withheld

Didn't they try to sue Trump for withholding funds ...

Chicago sued to prevent the Trump administration from enforcing new policies that would withhold money

Oh yeah.. but, erm, ahh... thats different. /sarcasm

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Tank the state, blame the virus, and come begging for a bailout.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Tank the state, blame the virus, and come begging for a bailout.

Thats the masterplan.. for every blue state.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I abhor the fact I attended a Chicago grade school with his families' namesake.
What a bloated piece of work this Slicky Fats is.
He's going to push too hard eventually.
The blowback from his inching towards tyranny should ripple at least two of his chins.
Sorry, not a fan.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone

I abhor the fact I attended a Chicago grade school with his families' namesake.
What a bloated piece of work this Slicky Fats is.
He's going to push too hard eventually.
The blowback from his inching towards tyranny should ripple at least two of his chins.
Sorry, not a fan.

You are among kindred here. LOL!

I really have NO idea how we are going to survive this one.. the state I mean. Is there a point where a state has to basically claim they are insolvent and incompetent .. but if so what happens then. I mean there cant be a continual bail out.. and Illinois has been insolvent since Ive lived here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join