It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Quarantined in Texas with Suspected SARS Symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just when you thought it was over.....

(ABILENE, TEXAS) -- Nine Airmen at Dyess Air Force Base in Texas have been ordered quarantined after exhibiting the symptoms of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Several of the nine recently returned from an air show in Toronto, which was taken off the World Health Organization's list of SARS hot spots on Monday. The others have been in contact with those who were in Toronto, according to Master Sergeant Bill Lincicome, a base spokesman. "The people are at their homes right now being quarantined," Lincicome told 1200 WOAI news. "They are in daily contact with health officials and are in stable condition." The nine are suffering from 'the most minimum symptoms of SARS,' according to Captain David May, another Dyess spokesman. "Their care and well being is of the utmost importance to use, and we will do everything possible to get them well and return them to duty," May said.

www.woai.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
SARS is nasty. I have many friends and relatives in Hong Kong. Quarantine is the only thing to do. When my cousin went back to the states, she was ordered to stay at home for 14 days because of the possibililty she had it. She was pregnant at the time. Her fear of giving SARS to her unborn child was her reason for coming back to America. Thankfully, SARS, seems to be under control. Thank you CCP for denying and covering up the SARS problem. God, I hate the CCP.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
all the left-wing TV stations in the city weren't covering the story only the unbias stations, here in toronto that is

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
if they got sars, then it's probably a new strain or somethin, released in america. whoever agrees witht he theory that sars was a test weapon, then we're goin to see this jump from base to base to base. this doesn't look good at all. bad news for US troops.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that they tested negative for SARS and just had some other bacteria, did any one else hear this??

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what do you it turned out to be strep throat

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Damn. And my father is on a business trip in Singapore. I hope he gets back safe and doesnt get sick. That SARS thing sucks.

new topics

top topics

join