It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you doing with the stay at home order ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How are you dealing with the order ? What do you occupy yourself with around the house, around family. How often do you get out driving somewhere ? Can you even do that without warnings or arrests ?

I suppose this OP is an opportunity to present suggestions for others how to occupy their time, or yours. Tell us your method of coping. And do you think 'stay at home' is a prudent solution to help stop the spread. Who thinks it is all a manufactured conspiracy ?

Let us hear some thoughts as we are now a couple months into this in earnest, or so the media tells us.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ahem....... www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I live in Wisconsin. We have a governor mandated Safer At Home order going through until May 26. I live by myself in my dream home. My husband had a stroke in early February, and is now permanently in a nursing home. So it’s kind of a double whammy for me, these two things occupying my thoughts most days.

I’m kind of a homebody introvert anyway. I never did go out that much, but now that I can’t anymore, I miss that so much. I miss getting together with my friends from work. I retired a year ago, so I don’t see them so much anymore.

So here in Wisconsin, things are not draconian. Wearing masks is optional in most of the larger grocery stores. There is no state mandate to wear them in those places. I can go for a walk or drive whenever I want. Nobody has stopped me and asked for any papers or anything. I walk 2-3 miles a day to stay sane and get fresh air and sunshine. A couple of times a week, I take a drive and just drive around, don’t stop anywhere. I do all my shopping online now, as I was starting to have panic attacks in the grocery store.

I usually after doing my walking work on my side hustle, which is doing online surveys. I don’t make much from that, but it is a hobby and it brings me beer money, takes a little time. I’m on social media every day. I’ve done quite a bit of SMS, messaging, Zoom, video calls, etc to talk to friends around the world. I get on this site for awhile. I read a lot, 2-3 books a week, so I’m always reading something. I watch TV, found some new shows to binge watch.

I haven’t seen my husband since the nursing home locked down visitation in early March. I call and talk to him on the phone twice a day.

Some days really suck, because I’m down in the dumps and/or am angry at the world. I cry it out and move on. It’s life. I just try and remember to be grateful and thankful for everything I have.

While I think the stay at home stuff is working a little, sooner or later they will have to start opening things up. There is so much fear when one listens to all the bad news. A couple of days ago, Wisconsin was able to start opening up small businesses with 20 employees or less. That’s a start. I know things will never go back to “normal”, whatever the hell that is. I just want to be able to visit with friends again, or have a beer in my favorite watering hole.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've done fine.

Even though our stay-at-home orders have been lifted, I went out once or twice a week to the store with zero problems when we were "locked down."

I am lucky to live in a semi-rural area, so I can actually go outside and I have plenty of space on my own property. If I was in an apartment in the city, or somewhere confined, I would lose it.

Staying occupied? Gardening, guitar, upkeep, alcohol, cooking, movies, and music. A cat.
edit on 13-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention alcohol in my post, LOL!
I have two large patios and I sometimes sit out when it’s warm and have some wine and do some reading.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I've done a lot of baking and cooking. I've done some old time recipes from reddit. Peanut butter bread was ok. But the murder cookies are excellent! Made some homemade tortillas for taco tuesday and hamburger mac & cheese.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All it has meant to me is that some stores are closed and I can't get a haircut. Everything else is pretty normal. Grocery store has been light on a few items, but never completely out. The only thing that caught me slightly off guard was the lack of flour. And that problem is a lack of flour BAGS, not flour itself. I can't believe people suddenly need to do that much baking. I've always maintained a backlog of TP, PT, stuff like that. These "shortages" are really a matter of people panicking more than anything real. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

Nearly everywhere I have really wanted to go, from Home Depot and Ace to the pharmacy has been open for business. You don't REALLY have to "stay at home" and nobody is going to pull you over for just driving here or there. Traffic has been blissfully light, but is picking back up again. I'm sure it has been different for people who are more social, or eat out a lot. And, of course, its terrible for workers who have been laid off. But personally, not much difference, though I suspect the fallout is going to be huge in the future.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've been outside exploring the whole time.

Omg I was 30 ft away from a huge mountain lion last night. It didn't look at me (or seem to care if it did see me).

Didn't realize I was so defenseless and how incredibly quiet they were. They could sneak right up on you without you hearing even a stem break. And they moved so fast and agile.

That was pretty scary. This whole area could be crawling with them moreso since Quarantine. Here I was sketched out over maybe getting mugged but instead realized I could get eaten easily....

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've been working from home since March 16th. I like it. I would like to be around my co-workers now and then but overall I wouldn't mind working from home until I retire. However, there are times that I am beginning to hate people. When I go to the store once a week for certain groceries and see all the empty shelves I get angry. Today I went to town to get a new monitor so I can work more easily. There are ZERO in this town with three big-box stores. That pissed me off. After I heard the governor was trying her hardest to shut down a barber that is doing things safely and just trying to survive, I was so angry I was shaking. I don't get like that very often but things have gone way too far here and it's starting to get to me. After I got home I was trying to isolate myself and finish working for the day but my son called, very frustrated with a home project so despite my hatred of video chat I agreed to look at his issue and help him through it. Despite my being a little short with him, we determined what he needed and he went to get it. A little while later he video called me from Lowe's to get my opinion on the parts he thought he needed. A couple of hours later he texted me a picture of the finished project. I am very proud of him and my anger at the other issues was gone.

Family is more important than not being able to find a monitor, and the other issue will be decided by the courts. Life goes on.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I only was at home for one week when my job closed. Came back to work after that and found that not everybody made it.

Thank God parks are open again, went fishing couple of times. Didn't get any fish. Be able to come back to the forest is gold.

I survived the virus but all these necessary restrictions almost killed me.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I am going kind of squirrel crazy.

I was with company last night, we ate 2 burgers with everything on it, we then ordered 2 large pizzas with poutine and some wings.

I am out everyday and am an inch away from quitting my job, it is affecting my mind more than my actual life.
At least I am eating good.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We're doing all right here.

We're under the mayor's stay at home, but it's going to starting to ease up soon. Governor Parsons lifted stay at home first of May for the state, and now it's up to individual localities how they want to proceed.

So I think this is basically me in real life training again ... sort of. I never did ditch the bra all the way though.

I keep looking at the two Great Clips open in the entire Metro and my husband keep saying he wants to keep his shag rather than wait in a line for an hour and a half ... whatever.

I've been playing computer games, doing my son's tae kwon do zoom sessions with him in the evenings 3 nights/week so he doesn't feel alone and because I'm at the point where my shoulder rehab needs exercise (turns out I'm in less pathetic shape than I thought), we rented a dumpster and did a major basement/garage cleaning and tossed some other junk we had around, been calling my parents nearly every day to keep tabs on them, playing teacher for kiddo, working ...

We've kept our normal schedule up as much as we can. The alarm goes off at the same time, we run our normal morning routines the same way, we established a procedure for getting our day done, and we head to bed at the same times.

All in all, we've tried to stay pretty well on track and I think we mostly have.

**EDIT**

And I'm going to add a parent brag, my 9-year-old was on his last color belt before earning his black belt recommended, and he was just starting into the testing cycle with it when all this nonsense started. He managed to keep his discipline through this mess, practice every morning, practice via Zoom during the evenings, picked up what he needed, got back in to in house practice and he's earned the right to test.

I know he picks stuff up easily, but this last cycle was hard for him because he had to carry through on his own for it. I am a proud mama. Yes, I do my best to help him, and it probably helps to have a former heptathlete in your corner working with you, but there's only so much I can do. He did a lot of it on his own because he wants it that much.
edit on 13-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I've been outside exploring the whole time.

Omg I was 30 ft away from a huge mountain lion last night. It didn't look at me (or seem to care if it did see me).

Didn't realize I was so defenseless and how incredibly quiet they were. They could sneak right up on you without you hearing even a stem break. And they moved so fast and agile.

That was pretty scary. This whole area could be crawling with them moreso since Quarantine. Here I was sketched out over maybe getting mugged but instead realized I could get eaten easily....

Last week I saw a big black bear on my way back home from the forest. First time I see one. Very sadly, it was a roadkill.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention alcohol in my post, LOL!
I have two large patios and I sometimes sit out when it’s warm and have some wine and do some reading.

Sounds nice.

Oh yeah, if the weather is warm (and this damned cold snap is pissing me of), I'm on the porch every evening with music, wine, guitar, etc.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Nice! I feed the deer here so they come every evening around 5 or 6 and just wait outside until I bring them corn. There are a few pregnant does, so once they give birth they will bring them to learn to eat like they do every year.

Those pregnant does are mean though, and run everyone else off. There's also a three legged deer who comes around every few days I try to accommodate, but they run her off. :/
edit on 13-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, with me, Im per diem kinda.. and since Ill be rotated out here soon.. I am going to resign. Not for anything weird, just dont want to deal with things at this point. Next week I have a face to face with DTMO and thats when Ill pull the trigger on that. Otherwise.. on my downtimes ( they rotate us for "stress" management.. ) Ive been doing gardening and redoing a lot of things in the house.
Today I made a large batch of beef jerky with some ground meat.. so that took forever. Ive cleaned out every drawer and closet.. and this is a huge house. Cleaned out garage..and basement. Problem with that is that Goodwill is closed so I cant donate all this crap... yet. I attempted to organize toys, but that just isnt happening. Worked on the pond some.. cleared the area I a intend to put a root cellar on. SInce I cant go to the gym and sports are shut down now.. I MUST stay active.

Stay at home orders dont work on me.. I go where I want anyway. The problem is, some stores I want to go to are closed.. which pisses me off, but I imagine it pisses the small business owners off more. I DO feel real paper books are an essential item. Barnes and Noble is closed! Ive bought more crap online than I ever have.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Blessed to be able to work even though Gov. Michelle locked the state down. And the Co. Sheriff deputized me and gave me a badge so my GF and I can deliver food and medicine to some blind, disabled and elderly people in our village and help with other village duties that have most of the village employees quarantined. We are able to come and go without any restrictions and deemed essential also as a volunteer fire dept. volunteer. Blessed to be able to help our small community here in the mile high Rockies.

Gov. Grisham, just lifted the lock down. I'll be back on the set location Monday.
edit on 13-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I thought they were deer at first too, I think there was 2 but only saw one at a time. It was 2am on a trail.

Once I saw it straight on tho as it stopped there, I was like "oh $"!

Earlier today I saw a porcupine swimming in the creek before I went to get my MRIs done. There's skunks and racoons too so it can be perilous. Last year I walked right into a skunk, within a step or two, but it just turned and ran. Thankfully lol.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Literally short of being able to get a hair cut where I usually go life is pretty much the same for me and I live in NJ surrounded by NYC and Philly which have some pretty severe rules in place.

I had already worked from home for the past few years so no change there. I am in one of the few industries, video games, that has actually seen a substantial uptick in business during all this.

Since day one of the lock down I have been able to go to any store I needed to.
In opposition to that I haven't been able to go to a few stores I wanted to or been able to buy things I normally would at smaller stores so I have gotten them off of Amazon or Ebay.
Food stores havent been a problem, supplies havent been a problem.

The biggest thing I have noticed, which is a positive, is that over the initial weeks of pandemic the outside world around my home has gotten quieter.

In general I just havent seen the "draconian measures" some people are claim to be suffering with but I do realize that everyone has a different story in life.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

In the beginning I only went out once per week to do shopping, etc. I was really afraid of the virus at first because I'm a heart patient, diabetic, asthmatic and have high blood pressure. Now after an uncle who was in the middle of chemo survived it and an aunt who has congestive heart failure, asthma and diabetes survived it I'm not afraid any more. I've been getting out more and more- Healthy at Home orders be damned!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join