It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting dream I wanted to share

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So, I've talked about lucid dreams and stuff before, so I want to share one I had last night that was pretty interesting.

I woke up at 10am, set my alarm for 11am, and went back to sleep. In the dream that followed I was in what appeared at first to be a typical living quarters, or dorm, on a campus.

I was walking freely interacting with staff and other residents. Someone approached me asking if I wanted her snacks, and I did, because they were one of my favorites. Well, another girl came out her open door stating she wanted some too. So, I took a few and gave her the rest.

I entered into her room, and it's more of what you'd expect from a medical room. Beds, and curtains hanging from the ceiling.

I joked around with the people in the room, and someone mentioned I had some naughty photos on my computer.

I jested, stated oh well, it's not that big of a deal. I sat down at the computer, and closed the images, and messed around with the computer a little bit.

The computer was pretty unique, as the keyboard actually broke apart and could be spread out. That was neat.

After a while, a woman comes in and asks if I'm ready for my tests. I basically said ready whenever you are.

She asked me to take a seat at a table that had various objects sitting on it.

So, I sat down, and she gave me an injection in my back and asked me to basically use mental powers to lift the objects off the table and move them around. The objects were containers holding rocks and water, and they were of obvious weight differences.

I moved the first few quite easily.

She then told me she was going to give me another injection. This one being an IV type. She told me that this one I would be able to see, and stated that there was a hot plug at the end, which I assumed would seal whatever was being injected from coming out or hold it in place. She said that I will feel a slight burning sensation and that it will make me sleepy. She stuck the needle into the right side of my head near the temple, and my vision became like I was under water, but there was no burning feeling.

She also placed a headset, like headphones over my head.

I then continued manipulating objects, and decided to skip right to the heaviest looking container, which was holding stones and water. I picked it up, spun it around, and set it back down without anything spilling or falling out.

At this point I jokingly said, isn't this supposed to make me sleepy? I went to adjust my headset, and my hand accidentally brushed up against whatever she had stuck into the side of my head, which caused the woman to worriedly approach me to make sure it was still in position.

She told me to count out loud to thirty, and as I said thirty, my alarm clock went off, and I woke up.

This dream was interesting as I feel like my dream was testing my control of my environment while dreaming.

I just wanted to share it with you all.

I have to go back to work now, but I'll be checking in to reply when I can.

Hope ya'll are having a great day!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

That sounded awesome to experience. Everything is real somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Starts with snacks...tut tut. You know you shouldn't.

You need to go to the dentist.

The keyboard represents teeth perhaps and the coming apart could indicate problems.

The injections were anaesthetic, but I think something stronger may also be used. Gas perhaps which would explain you brushing up against something stuck to your head, a mask. Stop fiddling!

Everything will be fine and you will come round from the anaesthetic just fine.

You will keep your wonderful Smile. Hope it's not expensive, but you make no mention of money so good value for the work you have.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Interesting.

Obviously, our subconscious is controlling our dreams. I often wonder about the true meaning of my dreams, but it is very hard to pinpoint.

To make matters more difficult, though my dreams are quite vivid at the time, and very clear and memorable upon waking, they almost always slip away into the mist, with details disappearing first. Then, ultimately, everything except perhaps the identity of specific individuals involved fade into oblivion.

For a while, it's almost like the memories are there,but just out of reach of consciousness.
Then, the experiences are gone.

I've tried to research the meanings of dreams, but to no surprise, have never found any tangible explanations.

Actually, I'm surprised you were able to retain the detail you expressed.

What do you think it all meant?

A modular keyboard??? That sounds relevant, and as you said, very cool.....

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Fun dreams I am 54 and when I was around 14 I studied dreaming as Much as was understood at the time long befor lucid dreaming was a thing .

Anyway Over time i learned to control my dreams and have dreams I wanted .
so here are a few .
14 years old - Dreamed I was Marred looked at the women ( and yes she was a women not a teen ) and did know her and thought . ( if I am going to dream I am marred it should alest be to a girl i know . So at the bottom of the dream I had a ribbon going by with all the photos of all the girls I knew like news cast use .

Said that One and poof there she was . Strange thing fast forward 16 years and the first women was my then new wife . Not saying it means any thing though maybe i just looked for one who looked like the first women .

Many many alien dreams all with the same basic theam aliens invading earth Sky full of huge ships all odd shapes and sizes . running words town finding a Girl saving girl .
Once in a wile I was the one flying the alien ships my ship seamed to have machinacle issues though as it looked like a stadium but with only half the lights working .

One were I was In a city running from a gang and next thing Above the city wile at teh same time still in the city running . Thinking I wont let them get me and started Moving sky scrapers around .Then thinking this is stupid I took out the city put in a hill the ocean grass and a nice day and stuck my self on top of the hill .

another city dream i was in a sky scraper looking out a window and Godzilla showed up .

One last one From the movie predator > Me and a friend out in the deep woods at 1 am pitch black and we could hear him coming i woke up my blood was ice cold neatest scary dream ever . Ps not a horror fan but that was cool .

I could do many details in dreams my self color is easy sound is more odd in a dream I dont know if i hear sound I just know what every dream person is thinking .

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Two questions...
-Did the doctor remind you of...or look like anyone you know?
-How many rocks were in the containers of water?

edit on 13-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Excellent post, thanks for sharing! S&F. As others said, it’s pretty cool that you remembered so much of your dream. And the whole counting backwards and having your alarm clock go off just then was fascinating.

I’ve always though lucid dreams were rare for most people. The few lucid dreams I’ve had were really something else.

Perhaps one interpretation of your dream is that the manipulating objects with your mind indicates you’re looking to expand your learning and horizons in real life.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

That’s really neat what you said. I kind of agree. Some pretty neat things we conjure up in our subconscious that can mean a whole different thing.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

You're right about that! I haven't been to a dentist in over a year.

I've got a pretty good dental hygiene regiment I stick to, so I'm not very worried about that.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

That sounded awesome to experience. Everything is real somewhere.

I suspect as much.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

The technology part was cool, because it's something that could easily be done currently. It woukdn't surprise me to find out that someone has already been working on one.

There are, in fact, already some separate keyboard peripherals. One can go out and buy a separate numerical keyboard for instance.

There are already customizable keyboards and mice as well.

The one in my dream was different only from the fact that it was whole to begin with, and I broke it down just because I could.

All of my dreams are vivid dreams. When I sleep, my experience of time is real time. Well, as real as we percieve it while awake.

Furthermore, I can remember most of my dreams, and I am always in control. Although I usually mentally ride in the backseat, so to speak, until I want to pipe up and make a decision. Usually, because I get bored, or don't like where things are going.

As for what the meaning of the dreams? I don't know. I don't view dreams as some crystal ball viewing type of thing.

I've had dreams come true in the form of deja, but mostly I just enjoy the adventure or the scenery.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Very interesting!

I had a dream as a child involving sex. Thinking back on it, I always considered it odd that I could dream about things that I had never actually experienced or witnessed.

Especially when later on in life when I would encounter situations in this reality what I had in my dreams, I was prepared for it.

It makes the past lives phenomena a little bit more real to me. Especially the theory that we are just a dream to someone else.

I mean a lot of my dreams are me. Or well, "me" I guess. I feel like the me that I am. But, it's almost like a weird shared conciousness feeling.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Two questions...
-Did the doctor remind you of...or look like anyone you know?
-How many rocks were in the containers of water?

The woman didn't remind me or look like anyone I know in this reality.

The containers had vaious amounts of water and stones. The heaviest one was bigger than the rest, had an odd shape, was full of water, and half filled with stones. Maybe a little more than half filled.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

No problem! And thanks for your thanks.

I'm always looking to experience new things and learn something new.

A lot of people tend to tell me they think I've turned into an old man who has shut his mind from trying to expand his horizons.

But the truth of the matter is that even within this life I've had here, it's like I've lived multiple lives, and have experienced so many things both bad and good, that nothing really surprises me anymore.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I dont believe in past lives, but I know for sure that I know things I shouldnt know and thats been throughout my whole life. WHen my daughter had her initial transplant she did strange things and I read on cellular memories.. contained in organs that are transplanted and experienced by the recipient. Made me think that perhaps we have genetic memories or knowledge as well.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the additional info.
It's an interesting dream...but not an uncommon one.

I'm guessing you are an older male.
The dream is not so much sexual...as one of a compare/contrast nature between youth and old(er) age.

The primary 'characters' (beside yourself) are all women.
You, first, meet two women in a college dorm-like situation...one gives you something you like...and you then effortlessly and generously share that good thing with another woman.
This is your youth.

You now go into the lab...where there is a brief seemingly- unnecessary exchange about sex regarding your computer...the means of interfacing with this computer and the sex represented in it (keyboard) is working in an unorthodox manner...the keyboard is not functioning in the traditional way.

You now meet the female doctor (third woman)...she asks you to perform for her and you want to impress her by performing in a superior manner.

So, to fulfill her request and to impress her, you choose to raise, the largest, liquid-filled, tube with the biggest stones (the symbolism here should be self-explanatory).

In short, your dream is a comparison between your youth and your older age.

edit on 13-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I dont believe in past lives, but I know for sure that I know things I shouldnt know and thats been throughout my whole life. WHen my daughter had her initial transplant she did strange things and I read on cellular memories.. contained in organs that are transplanted and experienced by the recipient. Made me think that perhaps we have genetic memories or knowledge as well.

I always thought there was more to genetic memory. Like how certain things are instinctual and some things are environmental, and some things are taught.

What if dreams are a way instincts are reinforced?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Thanks for the additional info.
It's an interesting dream...but not an uncommon one.

I'm guessing you are an older male.
The dream is not so much sexual...as one of a compare/contrast nature between youth and old(er) age.

The primary 'characters' (beside yourself) are all women.
You, first, meet two women in a college dorm-like situation...one gives you something you like...and you then effortlessly and generously share that good thing with another woman.
This is your youth.

You now go into the lab...where there is a brief seemingly- unnecessary exchange about sex regarding your computer...the means of interfacing with this computer and the sex represented in it (keyboard) is working in an unorthodox manner...the keyboard is not functioning in the traditional way.

You now meet the female doctor (third woman)...she asks you to perform for her and you want to impress her by performing in a superior manner.

So, to fulfill her request and to impress her, you choose to raise, the largest, liquid-filled, tube with the biggest stones (the symbolism here should be self-explanatory).

In short, your dream is a comparison between your youth and your older age.

Hahahahaha. Thanks. That's an interesting take. I won't disagree with any of it.

I'm thirty now, and I haven't had an intimate relationship in about three years. But, I've definitely been feeling the desire to find someone to be in a relationship with.

I must admit, I didn't think of the stones and water in that way, so when you pointed it out I actually chuckled out loud.

I appreciate it.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I tend to follow the school of thought that says you are everyone in your dream. Each person is a different aspect of you making a statement. Look at it that way with a keen eye on who you are and how you feel from each perspective. It might be enlightening.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Makes even more sense now.
Your sub-conscious is telling you it's time for you to get back out there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join