It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man refusing to wear mask breaks arm of Target employee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: opethPA
Personally, I would like to see an increased number of confrontations continue. Honestly many states are pretty much mostly back to normal. Should be a bit revealing that the strictest states still holding on to this Covert Op Viral Intel Deception are all led by militant Democrat governors.

Because the general employee who is told by his boss to enforce store policy, can just ignore it willy nilly, and let all and sundry parade around without masks on, before he gets pulled aside and sacked.

Just break his or her arm, and more of it, because it's the only way we gon' learn 'em...

sigh.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
jews and moslems - can claim dircrimnation - if they are demandedto waer pigsakin gloves

You alright, man? Was that a stroke, or a language other than English?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Personally, I would like to see an increased number of confrontations continue. Honestly many states are pretty much mostly back to normal. Should be a bit revealing that the strictest states still holding on to this Covert Op Viral Intel Deception are all led by militant Democrat governors.

You truly believe the "honestly most states are pretty much mostly back to normal" line you typed?

Which states would that be?

If you want to say specific counties in specific states are reopening then I would agree for sure but to claim anything at a state level is wrong.

Not NJ which is where I live. Not PA which I am right next to. Not NY which is 2 hours North of me. Not Del which is 30 mins south of me.

www.npr.org...

edit on 13-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes those same masks.
Don’t believe everything you are told.
In the beginning of this, there was an obvious attempt to keep masks available to frontline workers only.
Including some dubious reports of them not being effective. There weren’t enough to go around.

I prefer a mask wearing person to cough in my vicinity versus a person not wearing a mask.

Most people with any common sense would have the same preference. There is some protection versus zero.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Nobody has the right to lay hands on anyone unless it is in self- defense. These idiots attacking store employees because they don't want to wear a mask are the same kind who would attack people for nearly anything. Normal people would just take their business elsewhere.

I understand people are getting to a boiling point but when you become so angry that you feel the need to physically attack somebody it is time to seek help for your mental health. I think those people need to be prosecuted but the sad part is that they wont get the help they need in jail.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more and more of this sort of behavior as mental health continues to slowly deteriorate due to continued isolation.

Ummm...nope...they won’t get the help...

But they sure might get...COVID-19...or various STD’s...

Serves these Darwin Award winners right...

“There’s your sign”...

YouSir

link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Don’t believe everything you are told.

Co-sign that!

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: spacedoubt

The same masks that we were told as recently as late March did nothing and shouldn't be worn?

I thought they said they don't protect you, but help prevent you, if you are inadvertently infectious, from spreading it to others?

Everyone was thinking they were protected while wearing a mask, and they were rightly told, "Well, not really..."

Surgeons wear surgical masks, not to protect them from any disease the patient they are operating on might have, but to prevent any infectious organisms the surgeon might have from infecting the patient. So if someone said "Surgical masks won't protect you. Don't wear them for that reason." they'd still have to wear them for the health and safety sake of someone else.

If, during a global pandemic no less, a store decides to enforce a policy such as this, they have every right to. No one is forcing anyone to shop at Target.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

no - the problem you faces - is that you cannot address the issue

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

If your wearing a mask to protect yourself or someone else from airborne paricles your doing it wrong (thats with an N-95).

If not its for the purpose of fluid exchange it would probably be more effective using the sleeve as people dont keep adjusting their sleeve with the hands they are touching everything else with.

If its for your protection you'd also have to be an idiot not to be wearing goggles.
edit on 5/13/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

i is fine - asre you actually going to address the issue ?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

quite predictable - utter bollox but predictable

the issue of this thread is simple :

if target store says " waear mask " - you wear the mask or piss off

are you capable of comprehending this simple fact

you enter a store - by invitation - not as a right - and thus must asbide by store rules

Accurate, except for the little sticky wicket of antidiscrimination laws. That makes the question of "Does an American have the right to decline wearing a mask in public?" valid.

ETA: Do they even have Target stores in the UK?

Ummm...no shirt...no shoes...no service...

No smoking...

Been that way for a long...long time...

No drug use tolerated at work nor will you use at home or anywhere else...and you...will...submit to a urinalysis...or blood test...or hair sample...or your out the door...

And back on unemployment

YouSir

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Nobody has the right to lay hands on anyone unless it is in self- defense. These idiots attacking store employees because they don't want to wear a mask are the same kind who would attack people for nearly anything. Normal people would just take their business elsewhere.

I understand people are getting to a boiling point but when you become so angry that you feel the need to physically attack somebody it is time to seek help for your mental health. I think those people need to be prosecuted but the sad part is that they wont get the help they need in jail.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more and more of this sort of behavior as mental health continues to slowly deteriorate due to continued isolation.

Ummm...nope...they won’t get the help...

But they sure might get...COVID-19...or various STD’s...

Serves these Darwin Award winners right...

“There’s your sign”...

YouSir

Completely off the original topic, but it amazes me how many former inmates exit prison with STDs who didn't go in there with them but swear they never had same sex relations...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I did address the issue. You're talking religious discrimination, I'm talking Americans with Disabilities Act, which absolutely prevents stores from Mandating the usage of pseudo-medical equipment that could exaccerbate an underlying medical condition.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

congratulations - the only coherent argument so fasr

but the protagonists in this farce - didnt attempt any explaination - they went direct to pugilism

so . not an issue

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Again, ADA applies to some of that as well. Try firing someone for taking a prescribed medication if the employee has identified themselves as having been prescribed it AND can conduct their normal business safely while taking the prescription. Even more valid, try barring someone from entering your business when that person is being treated for a medical condition. The ADA lawsuit would be epic.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

an invalid argument - as the protagonists in this farce - made no valid claims why they should be excempt

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

...as I understand it, that's where the gangbanger trend of wearing sagging jeans came from. They're advertising.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

an invalid argument - as the protagonists in this farce - made no valid claims why they should be excempt

Yeah, ADA doesn't require them to outside of a courtroom AND, to further complicate matters, it is implicitly illegal for an employer to ask an employee (or prospective employee) or a business to ask a customer about possible disabilities. All it takes is for the aggrieved to say "This needs to change" and the employer or business is operating at great risk if they do not change it.

I'm talking federal law here, man. US federal law. Your emotions don't trump codified law and your fears certainly don't.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Having backpacks inside a store will get you followed too.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It certainly doesn't rule out the assault in this particuar situation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join