It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side of the Pancake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Today was my first time going into a store with signs all over the front warning that a mask was required to enter. Normally I go through drive-thru at this particular store (pharmacy) but the line was way backed up so it was quicker just to go in. I've been carrying a mask in my purse just in case such a situation arose so I put it on and entered the store.

When I went in only about half of the customers were wearing masks. I don't have a problem with that and it's completely none of my business. What the employees were doing is another matter. There was not a single employee, not one, who didn't have their mask pulled down below their nose. Not pharmacists, pharmacy techs, cashiers, stockers, photo lady, cosmetics lady or the man sweeping the floor. Every single one of them had their masks pulled down.

Now I completely understand why they all had their masks pulled down and I can't say I would be doing any different in their places. It is prime time allergy season here and there aren't many who are unaffected by that. Heck, I was ripping off my own mask before I even had both feet out of the front door before I started hyperventilating! The problem I did have with it is why demand people wear a mask in your business (calling you out Walgreens!) when your own employees can't even function in the dang things? Not even the pharmacists who do have a level of medical knowledge!

So after posting my experience with not wearing a mask yesterday and being confronted for it I figured I'd relate how the other side of the pancake turned out today. What I took away from the experience is that the whole pancake is covered in hypocritical syrup and rather than eat it somebody should just throw it in the trash and start over.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

All i know is that need to come up with an excuse to go to the bank,

Its now or never if you want to step through those doors with a full on gas mask and not get in trouble for it..

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What you were confronted for yesterday was your attitude you have to others more than a refusal to wear a mask, imo.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
What you were confronted for yesterday was your attitude you have to others more than a refusal to wear a mask, imo.

I did not have an attitude until someone came all the way across a parking lot where there was nobody anywhere close to me and I was not even close to the store entrance to tell me I needed to be wearing a mask. I had just exited my vehicle and was in the process of pushing the lock button on my remote. When someone goes out of their way to confront me it tends to give me an attitude.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wear a mask. Especially if others are not doing so.
Don’t be ignorant.
edit on 14-5-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

top topics

join