It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Four Months Will Be War Like You've Never Seen, Dems Will Try To Keep Economy Shut Down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ummm... we've been having trouble finding meat off and on since before virginia put up any kind of mandates.
Probably wont notice a difference.

Can you prove to me that they are false predictions. I mean if you want false predictions look at trumps history and how far off his has been all along.

So, you are against testing, because you dont want the people to be informed?? So, they will be more willing to go to work and keep the gears of the economy running..
That is what is sounds like you are saying.

I am still standing by my prediction which didnt consider the number of actual cases...
Letting this zip through our population till herd immunity kicks in without a breakthrough in treatment or vaccines will produce a death rate of around a half a million people.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's no guarantee either way.

The Asian Flu had a 2nd wave in the late 50's.

I hope that they can get a handle on this with a medication that can fight off the virus so people don't have to die.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Paranoid nonsense.

I guess this is a worldwide conspiracy since almost every major country in the world is doing the same thing.

tRump is going down for his incompetence and massive lying no matter what his delusional followers scuffle to invent.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Rush Limbaugh... I should of qualified that with "former addict".

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

So, you are against testing, because you dont want the people to be informed?? So, they will be more willing to go to work and keep the gears of the economy running..
That is what is sounds like you are saying.

I am still standing by my prediction which didnt consider the number of actual cases...
Letting this zip through our population till herd immunity kicks in without a breakthrough in treatment or vaccines will produce a death rate of around a half a million people.

Wow...talk about detached from reality. Let me address the important parts of your response, minus your attempt at political baiting (which I have not taken any stance here that is political in nature).

First: Where did you get that asinine idea that I was against testing?? Way to twist my words to make your own point. That is called doing what the media does. Just stop. My position on testing is we should test EVERYONE as soon as is possible. The funding into rapid testing should be tripled and be the major focus of our efforts. Once we know who has had it, and who is not shedding the sooner we can rid ourselves of baseless fear and assumptions.

Second: You ask for sources, yet in the same breath make these wild assumptions yourself. Assumptions. I may add that contribute to the environment of fear that is causing all this strife and madness. Again, just stop.

Wow....again, you stay home...quivering in your "safe space" while the rest of the world gets on with business so you can be free to eat and have the power and water you need to be safe.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And you don't care if people starve, lose their homes, etc., if they provide a service no one needs because if no one needs it, then they shouldn't have access to it until this disease that is no more dangerous than the flu by all the numbers becoming available to us goes away and you can feel safe again.

Since you cannot accept that people who provide services you think no one needs also need to have the means to provide themselves with goods you do think are essential and can't do that without *gasp* engaging in nonessential trade, then I don't give a flying rat's patootie about your mask dictate.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is this true? Los Angeles has has just extended their stay-at-home order, with no end date?

twitter.com...

If true, Riots for sure.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Last I heard it was August. All I know is that I'm glad I don't live out there.

edit on 13-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That is what it was sounding like you were saying...
I was just asking if that is what you meant.
I agree, so glad we see eye to eye on that although I dont believe testing everyone is necessary. More testing is though.

Lol.. I take it you dont like my half a million guesstimate? Well if you take the percentage by state are projecting are carrying the antibodies in the state along with the number of deaths you can kind of come out with a guess as to how many deaths their might be by the time 80% of the population has the antibodies in that state if all other variables were to remain constant. And you could assume that the percentage of people carrying antibodies is the same throughout the country along with the number of deaths and come up with a number also. It's not accurate, I am sure since the percentage carrying antibodies will vary lacation to location, just like ny city has a higher percentage that the average across the state. But still, it is probably as good of a guess as any other out there.. one thing is for sure, its gonna be a tad bit higher than 100,000..

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

"Paranoid nonsense" huh?
Like Russian Collusion?
This "paranoid nonsense" has more than two legs to stand on, which is much more than I can say for the Fantasy Factory you seem to work for.
But hey, you do you BooBoo.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

edit on 17Wed, 13 May 2020 17:12:44 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoWednesdayb20205America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Fighting terror

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

... Well if you take the percentage by state are projecting are carrying the antibodies in the state along with the number of deaths you can kind of come out with a guess as to how many deaths their might be by the time 80% of the population has the antibodies in that state if all other variables were to remain constant....

Please, this is a logical fallacy and false equivalency. The numbers being quoted everywhere is based out of NY (to be accurate, NYC). Now, NY is not SD, nor is it UT, etc... So, extrapolating using the worst case scenario across to each state is futile since they are not even close to equivalent. The only reason you would do that is to promote fear into the population to follow these directives.

Stop....just stop.

You stay home in fear, and the rest of the country will open up as their own governors see fit. That is what will save more lives than a full shutdown that is endless (which it has been as they keep pushing it, 2 weeks, 2 weeks, etc...

edit on 5/13/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So ... basically 0.02% of the total population? Sort of like in a bad flu year? Why are we shut down again because we don't do this for the flu, not even the bad ones. Guess what? We don't wear masks, or gloves, or shut down the schools or anything else for that either ...

Now 6 weeks ago, we didn't know what was going on. All we had were models and projections based on flawed numbers out of China. But we know better (or should) based on the reality on the ground all over the world. We ought to be basing our strategy now based on what we're seeing, not pure theory.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Did you when the obs were outsourced? Or, when the last great reaping of wealth via the last housing crash crushed them?
I dont remember seeing that much sympathy coming from the right for them...

Didnt see any while I watched my ability to walk deteriorated, or while I went nuts trying to figure out how to get an ankle set without a massive down payment..
I'm afraid you wont see much sympathy from me now on ats.. not that I lack it, but I certainly ain't sharing it with you!

None of this changes my main message though...
We arent gonna be able to have a healthy economy without those tools I mentioned being utilized.

And, we disagree over just how bad this virus is compared to the common flu. I dont expect that fact to change.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: 727Sky

It's not up to Dems or Reps, it's up to health experts..are you a stoner? You are missing it all.

You are the one missing it.

This is not just a health issue. It is also economic - the question is what causes more deaths, economic shut down or the virus.

All evidence now shows economic shut down will kill more people.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Not really, I used the numbers from the state, not the city... I am from upstate NY, it's more like south Dakota probably than ny city! The number of deaths in the city is higher, than any part of upstate NY, but so isnt the percentage of people carrying the antibodies. Basically what I am saying is if this percentage (12%, or a little over) have contracted the virus has resulted in this number of deaths, how many deaths could we expect from 80% (herd immunity) as long as there wasnt a major change in all other variables.
The 12 percent I used is probably higher than what is many states would have because my city's numbers inflated the states overall numbers quite a bit.. and I used the number of deaths that were current around the time that I got the percentage of nys population with antibodies, or their estimate of it. But, using the higher percentage from ny would give a lower estimate for those places that have had less contact with the virus and it doesnt take into account that nys healthcare system is kind of better than that of some states, at least as far as number of beds per population numbers. But again, that would serve to lower the estimate, not increase it.

Time will tell how far off I am, it's just my guesstimate.
But, we are gonna be hitting 100000 deaths in pro bgg ably less that two weeks. The average flu season last 6-7 months, so, at the rate we are going, it will probably be close to 200000 in the 6th-7th month...someone needs to point me to a flu season that took out a couple hundred thousand people in this country recently before I will buy the idea that this isnt any worse than your typical flu!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Really?? How many people have died because they shut down portions of the economy??
What evidence are you talking about??

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Did you when the obs were outsourced? Or, when the last great reaping of wealth via the last housing crash crushed them?
I dont remember seeing that much sympathy coming from the right for them...

Ah, of course, silly us. This is all revenge from the left because we didn't care enough about you pet causes. Good to know. This is the latest iteration of being made to care.

Didnt see any while I watched my ability to walk deteriorated, or while I went nuts trying to figure out how to get an ankle set without a massive down payment..
I'm afraid you wont see much sympathy from me now on ats.. not that I lack it, but I certainly ain't sharing it with you!

I wouldn't expect you to. You accept nothing as sympathy unless it aligns perfectly with what you believe.

You have no idea what any one of us may or may not do in our personal lives, but it wouldn't matter to you because we don't *care* enough about *your* pet causes. Since nothing we do in our lives benefits you directly or votes to uphold policies you think you might benefit from, we simply don't care.

I am familiar with that mindset.

None of this changes my main message though...
We arent gonna be able to have a healthy economy without those tools I mentioned being utilized.

Oh no, we could. We seem to manage it every year, year in and out.

And, we disagree over just how bad this virus is compared to the common flu. I dont expect that fact to change.

Oh, it's certainly a fact that we disagree.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You aren't accounting for how rapidly it's spreading.

It can only infect us all once. We'll reach 80% much quicker than 6 or 7 months.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Without the capacity in our healthcare systems to care for the sick...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Without the capacity in our healthcare systems to care for the sick...

Of for the love of GOD!

WHY do you want people to DIE???

Do you hate people and freedom and self-reliance THAT MUCH???

YOU are on the side of dictators and murderers.

OWN IT!
edit on 13-5-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join