It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US on verge of total economic and societal collapse with next stimulus the catalyst

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Edumakated

Ummm...some cultures actually have...no interest loans...imagine that...
It’s said to try and curb inequality...or a class society...But that’s just something I read...on the internet...

YouSir

Apparently something has to back up the value of the Cow Patty to be Earnestly Real. That would be an interest rate.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

It’s said to try and curb inequality...or a class society...But that’s just something I read...on the internet...

YouSir

Apparently something has to back up the value of the Cow Patty to be Earnestly Real. That would be an interest rate.

Ummm...OR...you might just call it by it’s name...usury...

And that’s about as earnestly real..as you might want to ascribe to...

Besides...your cow patty...for Luminari’s rock analogy...is the barter system...not capitalism...

Not only that...the no interest loan...is working out fine...in those cultures I was reading about...on the internet...

Or so it’s said...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

WHEN the economy collapses, and it will under the weight of being closed for so long, many more people will die of starvation

And to think, the US has increasingly been exporting to China while U.S. consumers face shortages.

www.reuters.com... idUSKBN22N0IN

As U.S. meat workers fall sick and supplies dwindle, exports to China soar
Tom Polansek
7 MIN READ

CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump ordered meat processing plants to stay open to protect the nation’s food supply even as workers got sick and died. Yet the plants have increasingly been exporting to China while U.S. consumers face shortages, a Reuters analysis of government data showed.

Trump, who is in an acrimonious public dispute with Beijing over its handling of the coronavirus outbreak, invoked the 1950 Defense Production Act on April 28 to keep plants open. Now he is facing criticism from some lawmakers, consumers and plant employees for putting workers at risk in part to help ensure China’s meat supply.

Don't you worry, the GOP will ensure the owners of the meat plants get their profits while the poors starve.

It's the American way. MAGA.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
It may be said "you are ducking something" or so it IS said. What appears to be the best economic system ever existed is a ponzi scheme, and why not?! This world is the best cartoon/soap opera/drama series/Mr. Toad's Wild Ride EVER! Believing in anything tangible is not required, just hang on and try to stay grounded/sane. .gov hates the idea of Barter and Trade (no evidence of transactions to tax) perfectly legal...lets convert to that system.

edit on 12-5-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: MRinder

Lol so it wasn't the $25 trillion of debt, just the next $3 trillion? We are screwed either way. One side passes handouts for the lazy asses (they call them the poor) and the other side pisses it away on the military.

You are only looking at one of our 6 sets of books when you bring up the number $25 trillion.
Add the ACTUAL everything up and we are about $700 trillion to 1 quadrillion in the red, globally.
The real estate value of the planet Earth is about $75 trillion in US dollars.
We've been done since 1973... the only way we got around that so far was decoupling the dollar from anything physical and exporting our inflation all over the globe.We've nowhere else to go anymore.

Sure we do. Do you trust the exchange rates; as in: that cow patty (to me) is worth the same as that river rock (to you)? Lets Deal!

I essentially pay my property taxes in wine.

I'm well aware of where we are headed and it's past time to pull the plug.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It’s said to try and curb inequality...or a class society...

But that’s just something I read...on the internet...

YouSir

No culture with a developed economy. Supposedly Islam forbids charging interest, but they just call it something else. They take an interest in the business in many cases. The end result is the same - interest or profit to bank. If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Lol so it wasn't the $25 trillion of debt, just the next $3 trillion? We are screwed either way. One side passes handouts for the lazy asses (they call them the poor) and the other side pisses it away on the military.

You are only looking at one of our 6 sets of books when you bring up the number $25 trillion.
Add the ACTUAL everything up and we are about $700 trillion to 1 quadrillion in the red, globally.
We've been done since 1973... the only way we got around that so far was decoupling the dollar from anything physical and exporting our inflation all over the globe.We've nowhere else to go anymore.

Sure we do. Do you trust the exchange rates; as in: that cow patty (to me) is worth the same as that river rock (to you)? Lets Deal!

Invites go out tomorrow for a Bacchanal celebration.
edit on 12-5-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir
It may be said "you are ducking something" or so it IS said. What appears to be the best economic system ever existed is a ponzi scheme, and why not?! This world is the best cartoon/soap opera/drama series/Mr. Toad's Wild Ride EVER! Believing in anything tangible is not required, just hang on and try to stay grounded/sane. .gov hates the idea of Barter and Trade (no evidence of transactions to tax) perfectly legal...lets convert to that system.

Ummm...I think there are many systems that have some good qualities...

Perhaps a combination of these good qualities...say...barter and trade...combined with no or extremely low interest loans...etc...

I mean...just look at what happens everyday...and no one bats an eye...

You can lose your home to either the bank...or the government...IF...you fall on hard times...

Say...your wife has cancer...the medical bills wipe out your savings...the bills pile up...the taxes aren’t payed...the mortgage payment slips into deep red...and your in default...

And this scenario and many like scenario’s happen everyday...all across this vast land...

And no one bats an eye...

There but for the grace of God...right...?

Right...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They need to get this economy at least partially going.

Here is some info that is relevant, we did what we needed to till we got prepared, we do not need to keep everything closed anymore. medicalxpress.com...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm still realizing income above my expenses. I say, "Let it ride. No need to shoot yourself in the foot early ... even if you're going to shoot yourself in the foot sooner or later."

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I'm still realizing income above my expenses. I say, "Let it ride. No need to shoot yourself in the foot early ... even if you're going to shoot yourself in the foot sooner or later."

I no longer need an income.

So to me it's a moot point.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You cannot pin an "Exit" pin on an object that is not in the same dimension.
This planet, or accurately, this social group, will do what it has to do to bring back normalcy after catastrophe.
Certainly not the worst that this rock has had to endure.
Hug your dog or cat.
Get a grip and check back in in the morning.

Take an historical glimpse into what early Sumerians and Egyptians had to endure and ultimately why we are here today.

edit on 12-5-2020 by charlyv because: content

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I no longer need an income.

So to me it's a moot point.

Had I never left the farm I'd be singing the same tune. When I left, I was tired of the thanklessness and knew I needed cash to survive.

Am slowly coming to grips with the reality that there will be a New Normal. Do us a favor and produce a thread that puts 'us' at the helm of it.

We're all needing a bit of hope these days, and I ain't smart enough to help.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Ummm...I don’t think very many of us have thought this through to the end...

If that plug is indeed pulled on this social experiment...then far more will change than people have bargained for...or prepared for...

When that collapse happens...the entire set of systems resets to zero...

What does that mean for the individual...?

Ownership...also resets to zero...

Let the games begin...?

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

WHEN the economy collapses, and it will under the weight of being closed for so long, many more people will die of starvation

And to think, the US has increasingly been exporting to China while U.S. consumers face shortages.

Tom Polansek
7 MIN READ

CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump ordered meat processing plants to stay open to protect the nation’s food supply even as workers got sick and died. Yet the plants have increasingly been exporting to China while U.S. consumers face shortages, a Reuters analysis of government data showed.

Trump, who is in an acrimonious public dispute with Beijing over its handling of the coronavirus outbreak, invoked the 1950 Defense Production Act on April 28 to keep plants open. Now he is facing criticism from some lawmakers, consumers and plant employees for putting workers at risk in part to help ensure China’s meat supply.

Don't you worry, the GOP will ensure the owners of the meat plants get their profits while the poors starve.

We had orders and contracts with them from what I read. Its not a GOP plot, its fulfilling orders that have already been contracted and paid for.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If that plug is indeed pulled on this social experiment...then far more will change than people have bargained for...or prepared for...

Let the games begin...?

YouSir

I say we burn it all down...if they wont agree to burn it all down figuratively, then do it literally. Reset all data, unplug the internet, plug it back in.. Im sure its just one little powerstrip. Call it Jubilee.... all debts wiped clean and slaves freed.. reset.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Let the games begin...?

YouSir

Ownership resets to what you can hold and defend, actually.

It would also depend on what your personal worth is to your community.

Your skillsets.

I've thought this through, you see...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Let the games begin...?

YouSir

I say we burn it all down...if they wont agree to burn it all down figuratively, then do it literally. Reset all data, unplug the internet, plug it back in.. Im sure its just one little powerstrip. Call it Jubilee.... all debts wiped clean and slaves freed.. reset.

Ummm...then begins the sordid...sorry tale of feudalism...reborn from the ashes...

That’s a strong versus weak scenario...a survival of the fittest...

More Darwin dreams...

How far down that path of territorialiism...And innate human...suppressed nature...do you think we should wander...?

Talk about a...”brave new world”...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Tom Polansek
7 MIN READ

We had orders and contracts with them from what I read. Its not a GOP plot, its fulfilling orders that have already been contracted and paid for.

It has to do with what you can sell in its present condition not distributable to US consumer, without destroying the entire product, just like what is going on. Look at the millions of chicken and steer that died for nothing.

edit on 12-5-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join