It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi unveils Three Trillion-Dollar Covid-19 stimulus plan.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

House Democrats' latest coronavirus relief proposal unveiled Tuesday includes more than $3 trillion in new spending, amounting to the biggest and most expensive aid package yet to deal with the global pandemic, Fox News has learned.

Of the more than $3 trillion package, about $1 trillion would go to state, local and tribal governments, according to three sources briefed on the proposal.

Another round of $1,200 stimulus payments also would go out to most Americans under the plan, with a maximum of $6,000 per household.

Then a flurry of cash would be allocated to struggling Americans, extending the $600 extra in weekly unemployment insurance through January and a new $175 billion benefit that would subsidize rent and mortgage payments for Americans.

More: www.foxnews.com...

Does America need another infusion of cash from the federal government?

There are also voting changes built into the legislation.
Source: twitter.com...

CareWeMust

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

www.cnn.com... cnn link that has the pdf of the 1800+ page bill if any one wants to check for pork ,id do it but i dont have it in me today

+21 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's almost as if they're conditioning people to rely on the government....

What's next, snitching on non compliance neighbors gets you some extra stimulus?

edit on 12-5-2020 by FauxMulder because: Keyboard needs a stimulus

+10 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

A lot of people in my area do not want to go back to work again because they now get $1,000 plus a week for staying at home. $600 from the federal government, $450 a week from Illinois.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Aren't they supposed to pass it before you can read it?

That was Pelosi wasn't it?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The US Senate will most likely make quite a few changes. President Trump and the Senate are meeting right now about this rescue package.

+15 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Who's gonna rescue the US Government from all this rescue money?

This isn't Monopoly money, guys!!!!!!
We don't want to turn into Venezuela.....

edit on Tue May 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A lot of people in my area do not want to go back to work again because they now get $1,000 plus a week for staying at home. $600 from the federal government, $450 a week from Illinois.

Ya think. I've been reading the "land of the lost" or as others call it; Reddit. Many posts about folks not wanting to go back to work. All I can say is a lot of people never got a break from work or a check like myself. Mayor here is already talking about raising taxes on guess who? Me.

Raise them to pay for all the money he wasted on empty test centers and empty field hospitals and no telling what else with this virus. It's time to go back to work now. No more funny money. This virus is not going away. Have to live with it. People are living with Mommy and Daddy getting checks. Instead of tagging people, tag what people are buying with this money. Willing to bet 60% of it is going to non essential items.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Wait until taxpayers have to bail out schools when states cannot provide state aid to school districts.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So they want to throw more money/poop at the wall and see what sticks/solve the problem they created. This is flicking nuts. 7 trillion dollars spent in less than 6 months if this goes through. No, just no. Can't even wait, can they?

edit on 12-5-2020 by Tarzan the apeman. because: My number was off.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
She wants to piss through money like she pisses through vodka.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just imagine if they had cut us real check amounts from the previous 5 trillion, man what economic stimulus would be flowing to businesses.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

What's next, snitching on non compliance neighbors gets you some extra stimulus?

Correct, and as an added bonus you get $50 off your next Menulog order for being a good little globalist youth....

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Maybe that previous 5 trillion dollars is the only reason why we don't have mass riots going on in this country right now.

Even average people can sense that some type of sinister Force is attempting to destroy America. They just can't put their finger on the source.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Who's gonna rescue the US Government

Our grandkids and great grandkids will face the unenviable task of paying off this mountain of debt, but Pelosi could care less.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pretty much sounds like everyone is going to have to fend for themselves and go broke. Unless they get some money out to people, were finished for a LONG while. The $2000 a month thing would of made life bearable and allowed a recovery, but without it no hope.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

from skimming it they wanna ban evictions and late fees for 12-17 months but only offer mortage assitance for 6-12 months an the student loans part seems to want to get rid of interests on those too as well as reposessions of motor vehicles and rvs

seems this just wants to make the banks (who im sure no one is gonna cry about) eat it but wont that pretty much kill alot of the banks who now will not be able to charge interest on these things and pretty much stop them from issuing any kind of loans and pretty much tank whats left of the economy? cdn.cnn.com... link to direct pdf ,now im in a pretty bad mood for unrelated stuff so i could very well be reading it wrong as its full of convoluted language so if i am wrong on this id love to be corrected

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Who's gonna rescue the US Government

Our grandkids and great grandkids will face the unenviable task of paying off this mountain of debt, but Pelosi could care less.

Ha ha..... no, it will go on to the immortals... a million years from now, donch'a know....

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Democrats are using the lock downs to build up their voter base before November. People vote for which ever party makes it more financially advantageous for them, and what is more enticing than being paid more to stay at home than you would make going out to work? It's a fairly brilliant strategy because previously they had no chance of even coming close to beating Trump at election time, but now? They may actually stand a chance, much to the detriment of the country.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.
Let us hope enough voters are wise enough to see past the dollar signs and look at the real costs!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And this package is designed to keep most of those people on the government teet until after the election. That way the Dems can say how bad the unemployment figures are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join