It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you STRONGLY believe there is a God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I am coming from the christian perspective, I don’t know where you are coming from.
Use the force, whatever, I havnt been privileged to your beliefs. I am guessing some mixture of Judeo christianity and gnostic beliefs.

I don't have a belief system as was never indoctrinated (cornered/bullied) into thinking one was any better than another.

Raggedyman: God the christian God didn’t teach respect, God taught love, as different as covenant and law.
Love overrides and out does respect Do no harm, that’s subjective.

What makes you think God is a Christian God any more than it is a Hindu, Muslim, Shinto etc ad nauseum...

VHB: Why would God put restraints on His own being?

Raggedyman: Easy, love. Same reason parents let their children skateboard, because they have to take a few bumps to learn, explore and get better It’s called growing up

That statement is patronizing. By all means let the grownup 'children' construct their nuclear defended tommy gun forts and chocolate milk petri dish experiments (we are trusted enough not to destroy ourselves).

Ha ha haha

Yes vet, you do have a belief system, you even extolled it at me

“Is the God christian?”,
Is that a serious question?
well mine is, hence my opinion, is that a little tricky to comprehend. Thought it was very clear I was offering my perspective as opposed to another’s perspective. I am speaking first person, not another’s view so yes, in my opinion, God is the God of Christians. If you choose to discuss this with a different person then they may have a different perspective.

Patronising?
No, some choose to grow up, some spoon fed for life, some just become evil, freewill and all.
I guess you deny freewill

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Raggedyman: I think Leviticus describes the laws very clearly, no questions about that
Yes, others were added by the religious leaders but Leviticus was the book of the Mosaic laws.

Again; who is Leviticus to dictate anything to another individual soul incarnated here to experience its own growth?

Again, Leviticus is a written history to the Hebrews.
So, it was written to the Hebrews who wanted to observe that system.
If they didn’t want to keep that system, like today, they didn’t have to keep the laws, they could leave and live somewhere else and with others who didn’t believe.

Most of the ancient and near east didn’t believe

So do you want me to conclude?
Leviticus was for those people who wanted to live under the Mosaic covenant. No one was forced to live under the Mosaic covenant

Was that simple enough?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
Good post Snarl!

Right back at'cha!!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

in my opinion, God is the God of Christians. If you choose to discuss this with a different person then they may have a different perspective.

I think you're 'born to a God'. You get no choice in the matter.

Each time I encountered 'my God' it happened in a different country. The time I encountered 'the Other' was much closer geographically than the second encounter I had with my God. Third time was half the world away. Same God those three times. I Know this.

YMMV

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Again; who is Leviticus to dictate anything to another individual soul incarnated here to experience its own growth?

Hey Vet.

I'm pretty sure, back in the day, people in the ME had a better understanding of how to encounter God. It was practiced.

Am also, next to positive, that there was something similar to the experience we're having with today's Cancel Culture. The 'records' were changed ... and I don't think the change was subtle. People Knew God was real back then ... Took it for granted even. Then the government came along and made Religion. They made the knowledge of God into something that gave them control over populations.

Pretty sure that was never God's intent. LOL Hence ... I tend to avoid religions and Religious People.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Then the government came along and made Religion. They made the knowledge of God into something that gave them control over populations.

If you understand the bible, what Jesus accomplished, He ended religion.
That’s the main reason the Pharisees had Jesus crucified, because He was ending religion

Hence why Jesus taught love over the law. Love covers many sins, love people.
His one law, love others, not religion. Why so many Christians get it wrong today
edit on 15-5-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

1. Do you think your God approves of religious texts on He/She/It? And explain why to your answer. 2. Why do you think your God didn't write any religious texts, that could tell man how to keep Him/Her/It satisfied, and could tell man what their after life would be like?

God has written texts both by His own hands and countless other peoples hands such as Enoch, His prophets, and Apostles. God does not approve of all that is written of Him. That is why we all will be judged at death for every deed done in the body and every word spoken by the mouth. If God would control each and every word against Him then free will would be a sham.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And the commandments were the law

There are two sets of laws. The commands, statutes and ordinances are, for the most part, intertwined and reference the laws of God. The civil laws of Moses, for the most part, are penalties for disobedience of both civil and religious affairs. To simplify the matter is to understand that the commands written by God on stone are but an outline of His statutes and ordinances.

I do admit that most are taught that the commands were the law but in all reality the commands were not all of the law. The first covenant was the commands given to the 12 Samaritan tribes by mutual agreement between God and the 12 tribes. This formed the union of a Hebrew national set of civil laws. This is referred to as the laws of Moses. Why so? Because the commands,statutes and ordinances were set forever by God while the punishments for most of the commands,statutes and ordinances were flexible with time and set by man.

Jesus taught the law, statutes and ordinances while still obeying the commands through grace. Jesus did not change one command because the commands are set in stone and never change but God gave man the right to self govern [punish or reward] by laws that pertain to commands. Therefore the covenant of Jesus was that He had the right as the Christ to introduce grace [forgiveness] as law, whereas the first covenant had no law of forgiveness pertaining to the Sabbath. So in this respect it is taught in Torah that there are two distinct sets of laws. The laws [commands, statutes and ordinances] of God and the civil laws of Moses.

Jesus suffered through the civil laws of man and not the commands of His Father. Many bibles call the ten commandments the statutes and ordinances or commandments. You can sort this out in your own understanding with this example. The Hebrews were commanded to remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy with the statutes and ordinances of that command. Along with this is the civil law of Moses with the threat of a penalty if one did not obey all of that command.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

who is Leviticus to dictate anything to another individual soul incarnated here to experience its own growth?

Bit of a wanker?

Yeah? Did I get it right?

No matter: He's not someone I would listen to.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey is this thread still alive?

Check this out for a mindbend......really. Fun and smart!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

That’s a lot of words Seede
Ultimately commandments are laws
Jews had civil laws, moral laws and religious laws
Handed to the Jews to sustain their society
And furthermore, you can’t tell me what laws fit into what category, nobody can, it’s not clear

Christians do not have any laws but one
Jesus commanded this personally
1John 3/23
“This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.”

As for the Mosaic covenant, handed to Moses for and to the Jews. I am not a Jew, no commandments outside of loving others are on me. I am under grace, Spirit within, in Jesus who is in God.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Raggedyman: I am coming from the christian perspective, I don’t know where you are coming from.
Use the force, whatever, I havnt been privileged to your beliefs. I am guessing some mixture of Judeo christianity and gnostic beliefs.

VHB:I don't have a belief system as was never indoctrinated (cornered/bullied) into thinking one was any better than another.

Raggedyman: God the christian God didn’t teach respect, God taught love, as different as covenant and law.
Love overrides and out does respect Do no harm, that’s subjective.

VHB: What makes you think God is a Christian God any more than it is a Hindu, Muslim, Shinto etc ad nauseum...
Why would God put restraints on His own being?

Raggedyman: Easy, love. Same reason parents let their children skateboard, because they have to take a few bumps to learn, explore and get better It’s called growing up

VHB: That statement is patronizing. By all means let the grownup 'children' construct their nuclear defended tommy gun forts and chocolate milk petri dish experiments (we are trusted enough not to destroy ourselves).

Raggedyman: Ha ha haha Yes vet, you do have a belief system, you even extolled it at me “Is the God christian?”,
Is that a serious question?

God created ALL things including Judaism, Islam, Buddhism; all things created equal? Just because organized religion was allowed to "POP" into the material world does not mean I have to pay attention to it any more I would cover my face when encountering a rotting animal in the gutter.

Raggeedyman: well mine is, hence my opinion, is that a little tricky to comprehend. Thought it was very clear I was offering my perspective as opposed to another’s perspective. I am speaking first person, not another’s view so yes, in my opinion, God is the God of Christians. If you choose to discuss this with a different person then they may have a different perspective.

God favors Christians above all others? I would think God Favored/favors those he sent as Ascended Masters to uplift the human race.

Raggedyman: Patronising? No, some choose to grow up, some spoon fed for life, some just become evil, freewill and all.
I guess you deny freewill.

You have freewill when you write your 'incarnation' contract (your wish list for progressing your soul this lifetime on Earth). Once born you forget EVERYTHING and you exist in a "chance" environment. If you 'remember' your purpose (this life is to achieve WHAT) you have achieved a great accolade. One deserving of a 'TROPHY'.
edit on 16-5-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Raggedyman: I think Leviticus describes the laws very clearly, no questions about that
Yes, others were added by the religious leaders but Leviticus was the book of the Mosaic laws.

VHB: Again; who is Leviticus to dictate anything to another individual soul incarnated here to experience its own growth?

Raggedyman: Again, Leviticus is a written history to the Hebrews.
So, it was written to the Hebrews who wanted to observe that system.
If they didn’t want to keep that system, like today, they didn’t have to keep the laws, they could leave and live somewhere else and with others who didn’t believe.

You realize everything they 'know' they stole from the Egyptians?

Raggedyman: Most of the ancient and near east didn’t believe .So do you want me to conclude?
Leviticus was for those people who wanted to live under the Mosaic covenant. No one was forced to live under the Mosaic covenant Was that simple enough?

Where did Leviticus get his information; from Moses, Abraham? What history is he chronicling? What system did the Jews want to observe; I thought they had one (stolen from the Egyptians).
edit on 16-5-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I don’t know your God vet, I am not assuming we have the same God

Egyptian religion and Judaism were significantly different faiths to suggest they were the same is childish

Leviticus was not a person, this is pointless, you havnt a clue what you are talking about but pretend you do.

This is just dumb

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Leviticus was not a person, this is pointless, you havnt a clue what you are talking about but pretend you do.

This is just dumb

But.... Lots of people think Leviticus WAS a person. How about you explain how it/he wasn't to the class? We can't pass the "final" if we've missed the lessons

sheesh

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Egyptian religion and Judaism were significantly different faiths to suggest they were the same is childish

But originated organically and philosophically from one to the other. Because humans. We just don't know. In the end we all just don't really know.

We don't.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

This is just dumb

But.... Lots of people think Leviticus WAS a person. How about you explain how it/he wasn't to the class? We can't pass the "final" if we've missed the lessons

sheesh

What people where , show me some evidence anyone thought Leviticus was a person, anyone, ever
Source something explaining who and what Mr Leviticus was and dis

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

But originated organically and philosophically from one to the other. Because humans. We just don't know. In the end we all just don't really know.

We don't.

This is embarrassing VeeT
Israel spent 40 years wandering the desert to get the Egypt out of its collective faith
Egypt had a god king, many gods, worshiped idols and practiced divination. Israel did no such thing

This conversation has no further value because you lie to yourself, you think younare cleverer than you are

Leviticus was a person, o dear

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The book of Leviticus was a book about a tribe an their laws named the Levites, and teaches man how to handle woman during blood moons.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I don’t know your God vet, I am not assuming we have the same God
This is just dumb

You are attempting to 'define' God. God is limitless therefor UNDEFINABLE. What arrogance is that! (you a human being) thinking you can understand the nature of your creator (of course you can as its proxy).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join