It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you STRONGLY believe there is a God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have a couple questions for you.

1. Do you think your God approves of religious texts on He/She/It?

And explain why to your answer.

2. Why do you think your God didn't write any religious texts, that could tell man how to keep Him/Her/It satisfied, and could tell man what their after life would be like?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

Let me just clarify: When you say "he/she/it," you are referring to the entity itself known as "God," yes?

Or something else going way over my head???
edit on 12-5-2020 by Boadicea because: punctuation

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

1. Yeah i think so, well just does not care.

2. Physically can not write anything, and does not depend on humans for anything and does not care about our afterlife, but may show glimpses of it.

edit on 12-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
He did...actually the scripture has the answer for anything you will come across in life. Did you know Scripture says if someone takes your things, do not try to get it back.

God wants to live with and among mankind.....us.....He wants to hang with us......woah

That work is prophecy and instruction,
God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit have a community and Jesus said.......woah....

Father I ask you make these followers one with us as I am in you and you are in me.

WOAH God decided to expand his realm and made mankind and wants us close like family.....
edit on 12-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Actually it was the finger of God (He) that wrote the original Ten Commandments in the tablets. So...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Peter wrote.....you know, the head dude...Peter

He wrote when you suffer, the tactic you are to assume is patience. Then peace can fill in

I dont like it anymore than....a reply to: GBP/JPY

edit on 12-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Actually it was the finger of God (He) that wrote the original Ten Commandments in the tablets. So...

Kind of weird that he picked clay tablets over a Zordon style conference call. Or you know, delivering his edicts in person like a real man. You can tell a lot about a boss from how they treat their staff.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Claymation213

I have met God on three occasions. I met 'another' God on another occasion. That might need more explaining than I have time for.

God 'probably' doesn't care. The one time I had my wits about me and could formulate a question to put to the Almighty, I asked, "What do you want me to know?" God's response was, "Everything's alright." No paraphrasing there. Short, sweet, and to the point.

2. Why do you think your God didn't write any religious texts, that could tell man how to keep Him/Her/It satisfied, and could tell man what their after life would be like?

You need to stop looking at those religious texts. They're (almost) not worth the paper they're printed on. They've been wrecked by 'interpretation' over and over and over and over again. They're nothing that gets to the heart of the question you're really asking here.

It really is that simple, Brother. There's nothing else.

God is real. If you want to know what He wants from _you_ ... find Him. Ask Him yourself.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Kind of weird that he picked clay tablets over a Zordon style conference call. Or you know, delivering his edicts in person like a real man. You can tell a lot about a boss from how they treat their staff.

Yes, He died for us
Kinda indicates what the depth of His love is

He wanted to deliver the law in person but, humanity was afraid
You don’t know the bible, just what you think you know

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Claymation213

What’s your angle?

Christians do believe in written texts obviously, that should be self evident to most of the worlds population so it’s a silly Question? Why?

Also Christians have a bible that answers those very questions, do you come from another planet? Why do you need an answer

Who are you asking and why?
Christianity doesn’t need an esoteric understanding so who are you asking?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So the worlds a complete mess, people at each other’s throats, war, death mayhem and “everything is alright”.
Do you mean everything is alright for you?
Because for most of the world outside of yours evidently, everything is not all right

I think you need to look at those texts and see that you are deluded

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Kind of weird for anyone to question the boss's style. That doesn't usually work out well. The big Boss told us how that ends.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Lol.. it's funny how you keep blowing your own mind

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Kind of weird for anyone to question the boss's style. That doesn't usually work out well. The big Boss told us how that ends.

It's called being held accountable as a public servant and not a dictator.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To sum up ...you won't have to wait long....cool huh.....you are covered bro, and Jesus fixin to send it......

July maybe some war and it's ugly head

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So the worlds a complete mess, people at each other’s throats, war, death mayhem and “everything is alright”.
Because for most of the world outside of yours evidently, everything is not all right

Sorry. I can only tell you what I experienced. If that doesn't satisfy you, I can certainly accept that. Before I encountered God, I didn't know. I understand where you are ... because I once stood in your shoes. I can't condemn you for not knowing.

You think the world's a complete mess. But, seven billion people _are_ going to die over the next 100 years ... and there's nothing anyone can do about that. Think about it. A mere blink in terms of the timeline of God. This mayhem you refer to won't even last that long. If every human on Earth died at this exact moment, in a mere thousand years a visitor to this planet would have difficulty identifying the civilization we enjoy right now. They'd probably find the pyramids intact. Some remnants of The Great Wall. Nuclear hotspots where power plants existed. But, your skyscrapers would be dust. Road networks gone. Visually, almost nothing left in a mere thousand years.

You see? From my side of knowing ... it's actually you who are deluded. You'll know it when you find Him. OBTW, that part of the Bible actually has it right. -chuckle

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Sorry. I can only tell you what I experienced. If that doesn't satisfy you, I can certainly accept that. Before I encountered God, I didn't know. I understand where you are ... because I once stood in your shoes. I can't condemn you for not knowing.

You think the world's a complete mess. But, seven billion people _are_ going to die over the next 100 years ... and there's nothing anyone can do about that. Think about it. A mere blink in terms of the timeline of God. This mayhem you refer to won't even last that long. If every human on Earth died at this exact moment, in a mere thousand years a visitor to this planet would have difficulty identifying the civilization we enjoy right now. They'd probably find the pyramids intact. Some remnants of The Great Wall. Nuclear hotspots where power plants existed. But, your skyscrapers would be dust. Road networks gone. Visually, almost nothing left in a mere thousand years.

You see? From my side of knowing ... it's actually you who are deluded. You'll know it when you find Him. OBTW, that part of the Bible actually has it right. -chuckle

Big picture thinking is not a basis for indifference. Every life lost is a tragedy, not a means to an end. Somehow i keep getting the impression this god fella is an end kind of person, whatever road satisfies his agenda. And what agenda is that exactly, everyone disagrees on that point.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Every life lost is a tragedy, not a means to an end.

No one (I almost wrote nobody) really dies. You hold a splinter of God Himself within you. That goes back to him. You have your immortal spirit. It will find it's way back to all. Your body turns back to dust. That it was once animated was never of any consequence to us ... only to God ... and, only He knows why.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I just listened to a story about young girls being abused by Taliban soldiers, it was terrible.
No chuckling, horrific
There are worse stories

I am glad everything is good for you, you are in the minority, really in the minority, me as well.

This world is not a good place for most though, why I as a believer want God to return, end this pain. This pain caused mostly by others to others

In fact to think God is happy with this, that’s also horrific

That’s my point
Should have explained it better earlier, peace

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
1. I believe God cares about scriptures written about God as much as your pet cares about your retirement plan.

Our collective consciousness exists in the material plane while we live on Earth.

Why would an an ethereal being be concerned with constructs based in the material world?

2. Imagine man on Earth at the beginning. We were fine, we had all the food and water we needed, Earth was Eden.

But we corrupted it, invented money and class warfare and plain warfare.

We're focused too much on the material world and lost our way to communicate with the divine source, which split itself up into us so it could experience itself, the universe.

Does your brain leave instructions on how to breathe?

No, it's second nature, encoded in your DNA.
DNA holds memories, past lives.

The message is inside you, you just have to remember how to hear it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join