It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer Orders Sheriff to Arrest 77-Year-Old Barber, But He Tells Her to Shove it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I originally placed this in the wrong forum and was told I could re-post it myself form here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am usually all for law and order especially if they are just laws and equal for everyone regardless of social status or acquired wealth. This case reminds me how "no one rules if no one obeys"...something that some of the power hungry sociopaths just might learn before all this COVID-19 flu stuff is over.

The police and officials in Michigan have nothing better to do than harras citizens who are trying to feed their families and survive during this economic disaster we’re all dealing with.

While Whitmer is endangering citizens’ lives by sending sick people to nursing homes, she’s also ordering sheriffs to arrest a 77-year-old barber trying his best to keep his business alive.

Well, the good news is Hitler-Whitmer ran into a brick wall because the sheriff she ordered to arrest the barber told her to shove it.

www.waynedupree.com...

Michigan militia members take a stand, say they won’t let cops arrest 77-year-old barber defying Gov. Whitmer’s shutdown order

Michigan militia members are taking a stand against Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer, saying that they won’t let police arrest 77-year-old Karl Manke, who defied her COVID-19 shutdown order last week when he opened his Owosso barbershop.

“We are here to make sure he doesn’t get arrested,” Daniel Brewer told WEYI-TV. “We’re willing to stand in front of that door and block the entrance so the police will have no entry there today.”

The barbershop has been open since last Monday, and it was absolutely packed with customers on the first morning after the reopening. On Saturday, dozens of supporters gathered outside the barbershop while fifteen waited in line inside to get haircuts.

For some reason I am not surprised...

+6 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Kudos to that Sheriff.

# Whitmer.

+16 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I am usually all for law and order especially if they are just laws and equal for everyone regardless of social status or acquired wealth.

Governor S**tmer isn't permitted to make law so it's all good.

+21 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
More on the barber. He doesn't have a choice really.

As relationships heat up between overreaching government agents and protesters who want to open the economy, people like Manke are being completely let down by the system that claims to want to help them, leading to more anger and outrage than government officials are ready to handle. Manke obeyed the original orders and closed his shop, but when he was turned down for unemployment—twice—he said he had no choice but to go back to work to survive.

He shut down like he was supposed to, but his money has run out.

The government has denied him unemployment twice, and he's caught in stimulus hell from the Feds. So it's defy them and open to make money or starve.

The hell of it all really is that *he's* the demographic the so-called government is doing this all to protect.

+4 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am a barber. Well was. With the shutdown there is no childcare so I am now unemployed. Also was denied unemployment. Luckily the wife and I are secure with one income, so we will make due. I may start doing house calls by appointment only now that FL has opened salons, and barbershops back up.

+13 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ah the civil disobedience makes my heart smile!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I've heard there are more than a few places where barbers are doing a reasonably brisk black market business.

My oldest nephew got his hair trimmed black market earlier this week.

I really find it sort of sadly funny that some of the biggest flash points of push back in the US right now are over hair salons/barbers in Texas and Michigan.

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Government officials, our "dear" political leaders, don't care about us.

This should be clearly evident by now.

They want the economy ruined, they want livelihoods destroyed, they want to create an entirely new class of government-dependent individuals.

Authoritarian scum like Michigan's govenor should feel fortunate that we live in an era where we don't tar and feather any longer.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Our governor is digging in firm and will not cede this battle to anyone. She has determined that she has the absolute right to command us to do whatever she wants, laws and constitutionality be damned. This is the type of politician our founders warned us about and the only way to stop her is to legally remove her from office. I don't think the majority of our state citizens have the concern to do that, though many of us have been very vocal and a lot have been very involved on a physical level as shown in the gatherings in Lansing.

Honestly, I don't know why she's doing this other than it has to be in search of absolute power.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
She must've seen a swastika, kkk, or confederate flag, right???

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Michigan militia members are taking a stand against Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer, saying that they won’t let police arrest 77-year-old Karl Manke, who defied her COVID-19 shutdown order last week when he opened his Owosso barbershop.

“We are here to make sure he doesn’t get arrested,” Daniel Brewer told WEYI-TV. “We’re willing to stand in front of that door and block the entrance so the police will have no entry there today.”

Tinderbox level.

I'd remind people that there's a threshold for police officer IQ in the recruitment process. Let's hope they're just smart enough to know that any militia, anywhere, can kick any police department's ass. Let there be no doubt!!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You know why ... she's got the hots for gropey Joe.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Every day ... in her "private play" room.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It could be argued that haircuts are personal hygiene and affect the health of the citizenry.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

It was one thing when we were originally only supposed to be doing this for a two or three weeks, but now we're into months.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Word!

Just ask the mayor of Chiraq! She threatened people with arrest for violating her rules while she herself went and got her haircut.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It was one thing when we were originally only supposed to be doing this for a two or three weeks, but now we're into months.

Yep.....was in need of a haircut right around the time they shut everything down here in PA. I look ridiculous and hate going to work like it. Our governor instituted some asinine color coded system to open up things........barber shops are still closed tho.

On a side note.....how many of these politician and media figures have had their hair done during the shutdown?? I would say the majority of them have.......

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sheriffs across my state of PA are not complying either.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

It drives home the difference between the elite and the peons like us. They can look flawlessly groomed now while we look like shaggy herd animals - creeping ever closer to the great unwashed.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Sheriffs across my state of PA are not complying either.

It isn't going to matter. Wolfe made this Administrative not criminal. They and the Courts can't do squat.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join